Round of 16 thread

JS_FFC

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Rabiot must be good every time I don't watch him. Don't see what he adds to this team (he'll probably score now)

I have him in the same class as Wesley Sneijder, a lot of folks rate/d them but I’ve never seen them play well.

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Whisper it but France are even worse than England.  Fucking shocking so far.

What an end to the tournament a France v England final would be  :shutup

Thankfully, looks like little chance of that happening.

Just now, ClathyDave said:

I have him in the same class as Wesley Sneijder, a lot of folks rate/d them but I’ve never seen them play well.

Not having this 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I mean they are playing a far superior side, and haven’t conceded several good chances yet so I’m not sure I would go that far…

Franc have scored an OG and a penalty.

At least England scored an overhead kick.

15 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Random question alert. I know there are a few 'reffy' types on here.

Is there anything in the laws of the game that would prohibit players being miked up to each other with tiny microphones and earpieces?

It's not allowed 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Rabiot must be good every time I don't watch him. Don't see what he adds to this team (he'll probably score now)

Agree - just struggling to see why he seems to be a shoe-in for a team of this quality - but haven’t seen enough of Juve/PSG over the past half dozen years to know how good he actually is.

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

France v England could be the worst final in history

It couldn't possibly beat Italy v Brazil in 1994.

Thinking about it, I barely remember any of the European Championship finals, and I've seen them all since 1988 except 1992 and 2000. Other than the last one, the only ones I really remember are 88 and 96.

1 minute ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I don't know who the commentator is on Fox but he's having an orgasm every time a #Barclays player gets the ball.

Link?

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It couldn't possibly beat Italy v Brazil in 1994.

Thinking about it, I barely remember any of the European Championship finals, and I've seen them all since 1988 except 1992 and 2000. Other than the last one, the only ones I really remember are 88 and 96.

That one at least has an iconic moment going for it. Not sure we’d get that with this hypothetical final. 

46 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

As Kane scored a header in extra time I've been given £705 worth of free bets that I now need to convert into real money.

Get your "sure things" to me on a postcard.

Screenshot_20240701_164627_Chrome.jpg

Well in mate. I had singles on Tchouameni and Rabiot to be booked. Waiting on Faes and Onana so you can avoid them 😂

Even for the average 'used to play football as a kid' type it's still got to be harder to fire miles over the bar from 14 yards than it is to get it on target.