What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

8 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Can you point out where I said you were a Tory ? seems you have jumped to that conclusion. My thoughts are it's purely trolling now given the wildly prolific nature of your posts and their repetitive nature. 

I love how @Jedi2is the only person who actually consistently argues for Labour and gives in depth answers about policy (something I cba for) and tries to have political discussions but this is labelled as "trolling". 

I know it's very unpopular on here to acknowledge the majority of the country doesn't want Independence but it's really bizarre how anyone on here that's even close to that opinion is considered being on the wind up.

18 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I love how @Jedi2is the only person who actually consistently argues for Labour and gives in depth answers about policy (something I cba for) and tries to have political discussions but this is labelled as "trolling". 

I know it's very unpopular on here to acknowledge the majority of the country doesn't want Independence but it's really bizarre how anyone on here that's even close to that opinion is considered being on the wind up.

Exactly. It's pretty much 'criticise the SNP'-trolling, discuss Labour policy-trolling, suggest ways the SNP might do better-trolling/sock puppet, repeat any points about Labour policy, often just in answer to criticisms of them-trolling'

That's before you get to 'remember when he was banned?...no me neither (never was) 

@Jedi2 - my recollection is that you chose to leave the politics forum, then decided to return with a new name. Not a problem.

However, you will be judged by the company you keep. Your new pal @RuMoore has previously been banned for operating multiple trolling accounts. His previous aliases include Stormzy, Santan & Albus Bulbasaur. Green dotting his trolling attempts does you no favours and will damage any credibility you are trying to build.

39 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Exactly. It's pretty much 'criticise the SNP'-trolling, discuss Labour policy-trolling, suggest ways the SNP might do better-trolling/sock puppet, repeat any points about Labour policy, often just in answer to criticisms of them-trolling'

That's before you get to 'remember when he was banned?...no me neither (never was) 

Tell me about it...

There's of course good posters but as you can see some of the worst terminally online boomers get in their little forum bag and you've got to just politely smile and nod along. 

They absolutely thrive from derailing threads and coming across like a teenage stalker. 

13 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Ladies and Gentleman. I give you the "opposition".....

image.thumb.png.bf301c3521655bde986a2197e3261fbb.png

"sensible". "strategic" etc etc. Basically identikit Tories before mass corruption sets in and even with that, give it 6 months or so and will be impossible to tell apart. This feckin country, honestly. 

A surprise to absolutely no one, just another Brexit Unionist party. 

14 hours ago, RuMoore said:

Tell me about it...

There's of course good posters but as you can see some of the worst terminally online boomers get in their little forum bag and you've got to just politely smile and nod along. 

They absolutely thrive from derailing threads and coming across like a teenage stalker. 

Note that Stormzy/Santan.Albus/@RuMoore doesn't deny the basic accusation of being a multi-banned troll. Here are 3 of his contributions to the "show us your dogs" thread under 3 different aliases. How's the dog, Stormzy?

On 28/02/2021 at 21:43, SANTAN said:

Back in his glory days before he was a blind wee b*****d. 

Snapchat-3844190277977647000.jpg

20191101_205817.jpg

On 26/09/2023 at 21:04, RuMoore said:

13 years old and spends most of his time looking decrepit snoozing on the sofa but as soon as the good scran (enchiladas) comes out he manages to pull of the timeless innocent puppy dog pose. 

I'm convinced if I didn't eat such good food he'd have given it up a few years back.

20230926_204551.jpg

On 12/05/2022 at 22:55, Albus Bulbasaur said:

My big belter. 11 years old. Had him since I was 18.

Spends 90% of his day sleeping and 5% eating and the other 5% getting belly rubs and attention.

20220424_123225.jpg

Nice to see another couple of pages of folk complaining about how they're not allowed to complain about the SNP in case the thought police come for them.

Might want to keep it to the multiple threads we have about how bad the SNP are, though. This one's for nostalgically looking back on in 2030 once Labour have somehow made a c**t of the coming election, or managed to pull off a majority and stuck by their sole unchanging promise (to do f**k all for most of us).

Sir Humphrey: So we trust you to make sure that Sir Kier does nothing incisive or divisive over the next few weeks.
Sir Arnold: Avoids anything controversial.
Sir Humphrey: Expresses no firm opinion about anything at all. Now, is that quite clear?
Bernard: Yes, well, I think that’s probably what he was planning to do anyway.

7 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Note that Stormzy/Santan.Albus/@RuMoore doesn't deny the basic accusation of being a multi-banned troll. Here are 3 of his contributions to the "show us your dogs" thread under 3 different aliases. How's the dog, Stormzy?

TBF, he started his first account by announcing he was here to troll, then sent you pictures of his dug from every new account so you'd know who it was. If you're still reading at that point, it's more like self-harm.

I wish all of them were so considerate.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

TBF, he started his first account by announcing he was here to troll, then sent you pictures of his dug from every new account so you'd know who it was. If you're still reading at that point, it's more like self-harm.

I wish all of them were so considerate.

Is "cuntsiderate" a word?

No question that reneging on replacing the H of L (in a first term), watering down the Green Energy pledge, not reinstating the cap on Bankers Bonuses, (only) aiming to nationalise rail, and not mail, water, and energy, cosying up to 'the city', is not good, to say the least.

There is catious then there is this, though suspect they have had a look at books, and discovered that the mess the Tories have made of the economy is even worse than thought, and so have to dampen expectations around spending.

All they are doing is opening the door to the Tory vote to creep back up in England, and make what should be a sure fire win, an election which could end up too close to call.

Edited by Jedi2

10 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Labour is delaying the abolition of the House of Lords.  (According to the FT)

Labour is so Status Quo, I can only assume their general election music track will be "Roll over, Lay down."

Labour campaigned to abolish the House of Lords in 1910. It's a bit like Dundee promising to win the Scottish Cup each year

Blair's Labour did some good things but most of it was subsequently swept away by the nasty old Tories. Also if it wasn't for devolution (and you wonder if Blair wasn't dragged screaming and kicking to that by Brown, Cook, Dewar and other Scottish Labour MPs) would Scotland have ended up with New Labour things like free schools away from local government control.

If Labour, with 33 years governance out of the last 100, had half a brain (debatable) they should on victory introduce some form of PR to prevent the Tories having a First Past the Post majority ever again