El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

Getting to a final with the 10th highest xG and only 22 shots on target in the tournament pretty much sums up how dull England were throughout.

I'm glad Euro 2024 will be looked back on for this Spain team who've been outstanding throughout rather than any of the extremely dull top seeds who tried to take all the amazing off field  atmosphere and feed it into a wood chipper

7 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Getting to a final with the 10th highest xG and only 22 shots on target in the tournament pretty much sums up how dull England were throughout.

I'm glad Euro 2024 will be looked back on for this Spain team who've been outstanding throughout rather than any of the extremely dull top seeds who tried to take all the amazing off field  atmosphere and feed it into a wood chipper

I'm genuinely surprised they had as many as 22 shots on target. Thought it might even have been barely into double figures.

27 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Disagree. Spain did look rattled. England had the momentum. However, for some reason, they then sat back which handed it back to Spain who made the most of it

Can you stop all this 'England sat back' rubbish?

Spain passed the ball, England couldn't pass the ball.

When that happens the technical superior team will always be on the front foot and dominate possession.

England had a 5 minute spell when they equalised and then Spain nullified that as soon as they got back on the ball.

One of the things I'll take away from the tournament is how disappointing Jude Bellingham was. Overhead goal aside there were some games where he was largely anonymous, and this was mostly against teams England would expect to be dominating. Maybe Nigel-ball just doesn't get the best out of him.

He also revealed himself to be a diving, whingeing twat, with his heads gone laying into the drinks boxes after the final whistle last night the icing on his tournament cake.

When you run out of greenies on a night, you know that's been a great night.

To run out again the next morning, that's P&B gold levels.

Thank you all for contributing to a wonderful thread.

Will read again.

Just now, johnnydun said:

When you run out of greenies on a night, you know that's been a great night.

To run out again the next morning, that's P&B gold levels.

Thank you all for contributing to a wonderful thread.

Will read again.

I think this thread should just be added onto the end of the last final thread v Italy. Make 1 all time gold thread.

6 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

One of the things I'll take away from the tournament is how disappointing Jude Bellingham was. Overhead goal aside there were some games where he was largely anonymous, and this was mostly against teams England would expect to be dominating. Maybe Nigel-ball just doesn't get the best out of him.

He also revealed himself to be a diving, whingeing twat, with his heads gone laying into the drinks boxes after the final whistle last night the icing on his tournament cake.

Aye, he was very disappointing for pretty much the whole tournament. And topped that off by being outed as a petulant, entitled wee brat. Get it right up him.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

In Euro 2012 Spain had been pretty rancid most of the tournament, doing their patented tedious but effective style up to the final

Hate this patter.

Tika taka was a glorious era of football.

Tedious but effective seems like something you'd say about a Sean Dyche or Walter Smith side.

Spain scored 12 goals that Euros including two 4-0 victories. They were much better to watch than most other modern Euros winners, Greece, Portugal, Italy to name a few

1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

Hate this patter.

Tika taka was a glorious era of football.

Tedious but effective seems like something you'd say about a Sean Dyche or Walter Smith side.

Spain scored 12 goals that Euros including two 4-0 victories. They were much better to watch than most other modern Euros winners, Greece, Portugal, Italy to name a few

I’ve seen a lot of this rewriting of history recently that those Spain teams and peps Barca were somehow bad teams to watch. 

Horrendously bad takes and quite put my finger on the motivation for such wilful stupidity. 

10 minutes ago, AUcal said:

That looks like the part in the animal programmes when they find the hidden camera and start fannying about with it and making faces. Can just see Attenborough narrating it. “And here we have, the oi, ois’. Recognisable by their distinctive beer belly, bald heads and tattoos. They are named after their distinctive native cry, used to a attract a mate”

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

What in the Live Laugh Love is that?

"Never is that injury time done" x 5

Just now, Zetterlund said:

That is probably a literal window into actual Hull.

FTFY

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

That looks like the part in the animal programmes when they find the hidden camera and start fannying about with it and making faces. Can just see Attenborough narrating it. “And here we have, the oi, ois’. Recognisable by their distinctive beer belly, bald heads and tattoos. They are named after their distinctive native cry, used to a attract a mate”

I'm a big fan of "We were robbed" - after 35% possession and a xG of 0.6.

Got a lot of time for that.