πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

9 minutes ago, printer said:

With a score like that, surely there's something wrong with Leona Maguire?Β 

Would like to see either of the two leaders win the gold. Lydia Ko is a real class act. Failing that anyone but Nelly Korda.Β 

No mention of an injury anywhere but with rounds of 78-79-83 there's definitely something amiss.

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

UK coverage still with the heptathletes as they complete their 9th lap of honour.Β 

I thought it wonderful how all the heptathletes get together for the lap of honour.....great cameraderie

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Must be shite seeing everyone on the floor at the end of the race knowing you've still got a lap to go.

I’d imagine 95% of P&Bers can empathise. Β 

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That was a touch of class from McColgan there to wait for Keith to cross the line.Β 

I thought the lassie Keith vommed a wee bit in her hand when she finished. God love her though, she looked so tired.

Just now, ICTChris said:

Rai Benjamin takes the 400m title, overcoming Karsten Warholm.Β  What a rivalry those two have.

Neck and neck after 300 but Benjamin romped it.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Rai Benjamin takes the 400m title, overcoming Karsten Warholm.Β  What a rivalry those two have.

Speaking of rivalries, when Steve Backley is commentating on the field events, I keep waiting on Jan Zelezny nipping in and stealing the punchline at the big jump.

The Norwegian guy nearly fell over after the first hurdle on the back straight. Practically went over it sideways and the American instantly pulled out about five yards on him.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

1 minute ago, KirkieRR said:

And from track cycling and athletics we move to, ahem, break-dancing. Get this aff the telly, out of the Olympics and preferably off the planet.

I checked back in here to see if someone was still watching this pish.

Just now, KirkieRR said:

And from track cycling and athletics we move to, ahem, break-dancing. Get this aff the telly, out of the Olympics and preferably off the planet.

The commentary is just inane. Β  Absolutely stupid β€œsport”.