πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

In a move that will surprise absolutely nobody who's used to the MO of Rowling, Navratilova et at, the Italian lassie is now cosying up to Georgia Meloni -Β https://www.reuters.com/sports/olympics/italys-meloni-iocs-bach-discuss-fairness-sports-after-boxing-gender-row-2024-08-02/

Is there a chance she might have momentarily 'forgotten' how to defend in order to get a big old punch in the pus? Call me a tinfoil hatter, but Riley Gaines sure has made a big career out of being a fifth placed college swimmer.Β 

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Rowling is getting a ripped a new one because she took off the tweet claiming Khelif was born a man - now changed it to "shouldn't have a biological advantage".

It was pointed out to her thaf most sportsmen have biological advantages, from the lung capacity Phelps and Indurain to the height of Shaq and Jordan.

The woman is just showing what an evil c**t she is.

As well as 12 litre lung capacity Phelps also has size 14 feet, double-jointed ankles meaning he has 15 degrees more flex than his competitors and is hyper-jointed in the chest, he's 6 foot 4 but his wingspan is 6 foot 7 and he has the torso of a man who's 6 foot 8 tall. Perhaps most remarkable is that he produces half the lactic acid of his competitors, meaning his muscles don't burn with effort and he can recover faster.

That's not to take anything away from the work he put in to beat all the other best swimmers in the world btw. Never mind gender, I struggle to accept these guys are the same species as me.

I'd bet hard money Rowling has never attended a women's competitive sporting event in her life. These people never tweet about the Scotland women's football and rugby teams, they never mention the matches. If they did, they'd know the problems in women's sport are lack of funding, lack of equal support, poorer facilities, lack of tailored equipment and clothing, much less coaching at youth levels, body image and peer pressure, poor media coverage, scheduling in tennis, the ACL epidemic in football... I could go on. If they cared about women's sport at all they'd they'd be talking about those things. But no, they're obsessed with an extremely marginal issue and now, as an extension of that, they're indulging in a misogynistic and ableist pile-on of a young Muslim woman with a genetic condition.Β 

The abuse Serena Williams got for being built like a brick outhouse would be exponentially worse now - as it will be for the all future female athletes who don't conform to their body image of what a woman is supposed to look like.

On top of all that, these people force us to talk about their obsessions when we should be talking about athletes living out their dreams. They make me physically sick.Β 

Watching the swimming (not sure if this is live or tape delayed, CBC isn't specifying) but the mixed medley is an interesting event because of the strategy of when to use your men

29 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Huge French man in jammies successfully trips up not so huge Korean man in jammies to win Judo gold

FTFY

I know jack shit about Judo, but I'm guessing Teddy Riner winning his both his semi and final by Ippon is quite a big thing.

Edited by peasy23

Alcaraz eased into the singles final with a 6-1, 6-1 win over Auger-Aliasimme earlier.

Djokovic takes on Musetti starting at 6pm to see who faces him, Djokovic injured his knee late in the match against Tsitsipas last night but literally limped over the line for the win.

41 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Whoever at the BBC is in charge of keeping the stream names up to date with what they’re actually showing, they’re doing a f**king dog shit job.

Tbf, they seem to beΒ  chopping and changing at the drop of a hat, doesn't seem to be any planning at all.

Djokovic v Musetti tied at 2-2, could take a while though as we've already had 35 minutes play.

7 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Fair play to her tho; the normal outcome in this day and age would be to keep doubling down.

Yeah, I agree.

She was clearly emotional after receiving a punch in the pus.

Who wouldn't be?

Arseholes like JK Rowling are to blame for shooting their mouths off without looking into the facts.

Β 

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

French man in jammies successfully trips up Korean man in jammies to win Judo gold

A sentence I never thought I would say; β€˜the atmosphere at the judo was class.’

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I’m missing the lovely ladies of the Olympics thread (bloody woke P&B). I’m compiling my own private list anyway.

On that subject, Denise Lewis hasn't aged a day in the last 20 yearsΒ  with Michael Johnson having to spend a week sandwiched between her and Jess Ennis Hill. It's a dirty job etc...