πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

On that subject, Denise Lewis hasn't aged a day in the last 20 yearsΒ  with Michael Johnson having to spend a week sandwiched between her and Jess Ennis Hill. It's a dirty job etc...

No wonder he always looks happy.

37 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

A sentence I never thought I would say; β€˜the atmosphere at the judo was class.’

As has been in the fencing and indeed anything else I've dropped into, the French have been absolutely class, of course they have been more up for it when they have a dog in the fight but even when they don't they are so much more involved than audiences normally are.

The decision to disallow the French goal with about 5 minutes of normal time to go reminded me of just how shit VAR is after a couple of weeks of the League Cup group stages without it affecting any game.

If the ref and the VAR official have to debate it for 2 minutes and watch 20 replays to decide if it was a foul then it's not aclear and obvious error.Β 

Was hoping for more footage of the punch ups at the end tho.Β 

So the Canadian commentators on the men's 10,000M final were a bit all over the place.Β  The had incorrectly thought the Ugandan (who won the gold) was a lap down and then were criticizing him for getting in the way and we're genuinely surprised to see him win

19 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

So the Canadian commentators on the men's 10,000M final were a bit all over the place.Β  The had incorrectly thought the Ugandan (who won the gold) was a lap down and then were criticizing him for getting in the way and we're genuinely surprised to see him win

Head hunt from BBC Scotland coming their way

11 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Head hunt from BBC Scotland coming their way

Maybe their casual racism could replace Sharon Davies transphobic views? Just how she’s still on there is a complete mystery. Her twitter feed is a complete cesspool.

Feel a bit sorry for some of the competitors in the early heats of the women’s 50m freestyle. I know that none of them stood a chance of making the final but I didn’t think it was very nice that at least the first couple in each heat never got the option of moving up to the next round.Β