πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

Whenever I hear Chris Hoy on TV I’m amazed no one has tried to get him to be a more regular broadcaster. He’s great.

Just now, Moomintroll said:

But sometimes you go faster, or your mate gives you a whoosh, I dont get it.

Called disciplines, like how the track sometimes have stuff to jump over or water to jump in.Β 
Β 

Maddison is the whoosh one, elimination is fantastic. Long distance running could learn loads from cycling imagine a marathon with 26 sprints or the back marker getting dropped every mile, would be far more interesting.

Just now, 101 said:

Whenever I hear Chris Hoy on TV I’m amazed no one has tried to get him to be a more regular broadcaster. He’s great.

Called disciplines, like how the track sometimes have stuff to jump over or water to jump in.Β 
Β 

Maddison is the whoosh one, elimination is fantastic. Long distance running could learn loads from cycling imagine a marathon with 26 sprints or the back marker getting dropped every mile, would be far more interesting.

I bow to your superior knowledge, agreed also that Sir Chris Hoy is a natural presenter who would do well as a broadcaster in any sport.

Just now, Moomintroll said:

I bow to your superior knowledge, agreed also that Sir Chris Hoy is a natural presenter who would do well as a broadcaster in any sport.

Keirin isn’t anything to do with the new government that’s the one proceeded with a guy holding them up on his motorbike.

Β 

Feel like Hoy could actually be a talented version of Jermaine Jenas, but maybe he doesn’t want to

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Keirin isn’t anything to do with the new government that’s the one proceeded with a guy holding them up on his motorbike.

Β 

Feel like Hoy could actually be a talented version of Jermaine Jenas, but maybe he doesn’t want to

I keep hoping that the motorbike guy opens the throttle for a laugh.

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I keep hoping that the motorbike guy opens the throttle for a laugh.

It’s just a wee electric thing the cyclists could probably out pace it. f**k going over 100km/h with clingfilm for protection from splinters if you come off

4 hours ago, sparky88 said:

The reaction to her has been quite interesting. She's essentially a breakdancing Eddie the Eagle or Eric the Eel but seems to be getting a lot more hate than both did. Is it her gender? Is it the event she's in?

Β 

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

It's 2024. It's the social media age. If either of those competitors you've named were around today then they'd be ripped to pieces too. It's sad/unfortunate but that's the world we live in nowadays.Β 

Eddie the Eagle at least went off the jump. Eric the Eel at least swam. The breakdancer (stop calling them breakers and b girls for f**k sake) was a fully grown woman writhing around a bit going up against children who were basically doing a gymnastics routine while sitting on the floor. I don't doubt social media is a factor but she's doing something 99% of the audience aren't familiar with and looks really crap while doing it.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

That and being able to see 70m in front of you.

Yeah. Β I thought the archery was fairly simple until I saw the profile shots. Β I’d out of breath sprinting the distance.Β 

35 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Some absolute units going at it in the weightlifting.Β 

It’s really a contest for silver as Li Wenwen is probably the greatest ever lifter in this division. Hopefully Campbell gets it.

I’m enjoying this one too. Β Watching people lift 120kg while I’m having a beer on the sofa is great for the soul. Β 
Β 

British woman made that 119kg look worryingly easy. Β 

4 hours ago, sparky88 said:

The reaction to her has been quite interesting. She's essentially a breakdancing Eddie the Eagle or Eric the Eel but seems to be getting a lot more hate than both did. Is it her gender? Is it the event she's in?

To be honest, I thought she was no more ridiculous than the gold medalist. Β She at least had a sense of humour. Β 
Β 

I think the problem is that 1. Social media makes heroes out of imbeciles and 2. She’s 36. Β The 51 year old skateboarder was equally ridiculous.Β 
Β 

edit: she also seems to be taking an awful lot of stick from the β€œbreak dancing community”, which seems very much like incel misogyny. Β 

Edited by Savage Henry

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Why put together running and shooting? Load of shite

I like it. If it's just a run over that distance, given the staggered starts, you can probably guess who will win before it starts. The shooting gives a chance for someone to f**k it up and to have some overtaking.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

16 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

I Ecuador wifie is a stoater

She seems a good laugh. Β Gentle giant if you will. Β 
Β 

edit; actually all of these weightlifters are giving off fun vibes. Β 

Edited by Savage Henry

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

Tbf to the BBC, for all the Danny Murphy and Jermaine Jenas types that pollute their football coverage, the vast majority of their Olympic team are all very knowledgeable about their sports and most of them can talk about it capably. I get that Laura Kenny can be a buit grating for some folk, but she's fine for me as she does know her stuff and has first hand experience of lots of the track events.

She was obviously way out with the number of golds but every member of the track team has won at least 1 medal.