Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️ - Saturday 3 August

Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡 vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 30/07/2024 at 13:22, jaggyhill said:

Fingers crossed for WWE style scenes at 4:45 on Saturday 

No strapp/Muirhead for the shithousery or Oakley/ Quitongo for a bit of needle. Need to hope Dougie and Broadfoot are on form and someone else steps up to the plate.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

No strapp/Muirhead for the shithousery or Oakley/ Quitongo for a bit of needle. Need to hope Dougie and Broadfoot are on form and someone else steps up to the plate.

Just had a look at JET's transfermarkt page hoping to find a vile disciplinary record to compensate for losing the players you've mentioned.

Nope. 11 cards in 393 professional appearances, all yellow. Don't know whether I should be impressed or alarmed. Can only assume this is an oversight from Imrie, who simply wouldn't stand for such good behaviour.

It'll be interesting to see what CB pairing Doolan goes with here. I think personally after Sunday's showing McBeth and Muirhead should be nailed on. Unless he think we need McBeth in that "destroyer" role infront of the back 4, then would probably stick O'Reilly in at the left of the two.

Could really do with a natural RB in before Saturday but with how things have slowed down recently on the movement front can't really see it. Big Was has done a job and we might get away with it this week, however I think against Raith the week after it will be a different story

No wee gnaff Strapp...easy day for the ground staff in not having to move those advertising boards back and forward 😎.

Edited by I Clavdivs

Robbie Muirhead's music to play over the tannoy with the scores at 0-0 as he walks through the tunnel like Vince McMahon to get subbed on. He scores sn absolute peach and sprints to do an Adebayor in front of the jags support.

Brian Graham to score a sclaff and an obviously offside tap-in in the last few minutes to cause mass aneuristic death as Cappielow resembles a post libation Jamestown.

6 minutes ago, velo army said:

Robbie Muirhead's music to play over the tannoy with the scores at 0-0 as he walks through the tunnel like Vince McMahon to get subbed on. He scores sn absolute peach and sprints to do an Adebayor in front of the jags support.

Brian Graham to score a sclaff and an obviously offside tap-in in the last few minutes to cause mass aneuristic death as Cappielow resembles a post libation Jamestown.

Muirhead plays for Livi now champ.

7 minutes ago, velo army said:

You do know muirhead is elsewhere, read some transfer news keep yourself updated 

Edited by Cowshed

I do know this. The other scenario I was going to write involved JET ripping off his mission impossible style mask to reveal that, after scoring the opener, he was Robbie Muirhead all along. 

I felt that foundered on the fact he wouldn't have been registered, but the third page of the screenshot of the still-loading team line on the app would have belatedly revealed his name. Cue mass hysteria and Jimmy Glass levels of pitch invasion.

That would have been better. I'll write a letter to Div and see if we can replay this thread.

Edited by velo army

41 minutes ago, velo army said:

I do know this. The other scenario I was going to write involved JET ripping off his mission impossible style mask to reveal that, after scoring the opener, he was Robbie Muirhead all along. 

I felt that foundered on the fact he wouldn't have been registered, but the third page of the screenshot of the still-loading team line on the app would have belatedly revealed his name. Cue mass hysteria and Jimmy Glass levels of pitch invasion.

That would have been better. I'll write a letter to Div and see if we can replay this thread.

“Pie and Bovril does not replay threads as a result of making an arse of it by posters”

49 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

You do know muirhead is elsewhere, read some transfer news keep yourself updated 

Also, work out what ground the game is being played at...

Unless there's some form of beam-back arranged?

59 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Is this new keeper you have on loan shite?

Hope Ashcroft is hitting some 40 yarders to him in training , just in case...

Nobody really knows yet. He’s played over 70 games in the English 6th tier the past few years, but haven’t seen any comments from the fans of “Welling United” or “Concord Rangers” to give us any clue as to what he’s like.

I’d guess he’ll start ahead of our young keeper McCready on Saturday, purely on the basis of having far more senior football experience.

46 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Nobody really knows yet. He’s played over 70 games in the English 6th tier the past few years, but haven’t seen any comments from the fans of “Welling United” or “Concord Rangers” to give us any clue as to what he’s like.

I’d guess he’ll start ahead of our young keeper McCready on Saturday, purely on the basis of having far more senior football experience.

That sounds promising 😀 

Interesting to see how doolan lines us up for this one. Do we anticipate the same 11 that started against Motherwell? Only change I could maybe see would be mcbeth forward one and O’reilly in as Crawford was forced off. I would be surprised if chalmers came back in for Mackay but apart from that I can’t imagine he’ll make any changes. My one point for this game would be I hope if fitzy if having an off day he is subbed. Feel like he’s became one of doolans favourites and seems to be untouchable, I appreciate he can make something out of nothing even when not at his best but we now have other wingers on the bench. So if he’s having a bad game( such as he did on Sunday) he is allowed to be subbed! Hopefully he’s unplayable tho and I’ll take him and Harry Milne to score 2-0 jags.  

4 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

Interesting to see how doolan lines us up for this one. Do we anticipate the same 11 that started against Motherwell? Only change I could maybe see would be mcbeth forward one and O’reilly in as Crawford was forced off. I would be surprised if chalmers came back in for Mackay but apart from that I can’t imagine he’ll make any changes. My one point for this game would be I hope if fitzy if having an off day he is subbed. Feel like he’s became one of doolans favourites and seems to be untouchable, I appreciate he can make something out of nothing even when not at his best but we now have other wingers on the bench. So if he’s having a bad game( such as he did on Sunday) he is allowed to be subbed! Hopefully he’s unplayable tho and I’ll take him and Harry Milne to score 2-0 jags.  

I think we need to let McBeth settle in the one position, instead of chopping and changing where he plays. We need to be realistic about his abilities. He was playing Junior football less than a year ago. Give him a chance to develop. He is far better at centre back for us. If Crawford isn’t fit play Stanway or McKenzie