Falkirk Vs Queens Park

9 minutes ago, BPM said:

Another under rating us. We can play way better than that but when we went in front I never felt we were ever going to concede another 

Not sure I'm under-rating you. That was the level of performance that was common for mid-table teams last season. I'm not saying you will finish mid-table, just that it was a mid-table-esque performance from Falkirk. Certainly nothing to make folk think you're nailed on for the promotion playoffs.

30 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

Meh, I don't think it's all doom and gloom.
Rudden was obviously wanting to score against his own team, rather than help the team, which was frustrating
Ujdur hasn't fitted in yet with the defence
And Longridge looked like he has worsened over the course of the summer
Otherwise there were some promising signs. League winning side? No. 4th place side? Maybe

We have one plan, which is to pass it side to side, slowly and failing that backwards, afterwhich we lump it to Rudden who always seems surprised to see the ball coming towards him.  Falkirk press was excellent tonight and gave MacGregor and Thomas zero time.  Jack Turner was poor.  As for Longridge, he's not a RWB and so often gets isolated.  As was said on here previously, Falkirk did a great job doubling up on him - he had a torrid night.  For a 3-5-2 I fail to understand how we always seem to allow the opposition acres of space and yet we dont seem to have any width.

Positives, few, other than a moment of brilliance from Dom Thomas and Hinds being really positive.  Also thought Mauchin was decent going forward too.  

A team of Jack Thomson's would do us nicely.

Falkirk impressive, as was their support tonight.

Edited by Spider1975

Laughable the cards the ref dished out when compared to some of the tackles the QP #8 steamed into.

Looked like Spencer made that same point to the ref with regard to the one he got given.

Onto the game and gaps appearing everywhere for both teams. Felt we shaded it overall.

1 minute ago, Spider1975 said:

Also thought Mauchin was decent going forward too.  

I think he looked like he could become a handy player, but he seemed like he'll need a good few games to become comfortable and confident. Not sure if you'll have the luxury of being able to ease him in though when your bench seems to be severely lacking depth.

5 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Never really in doubt but worrying for me that we let them see too much of the ball in the second half. They barely got a sniff in the first 45.  They have a couple of bits of quality (not Rudden) and will punish teams.   Tait drifted out the game after bossing early. I suppose that’s what it’s going to be like this season - dodging hammer throwers. 

Absolutely,  after languishing in the seaside leagues for years, the only chance championship teams have is to get physical with the grangemouth galacticos. 

3 minutes ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Absolutely,  after languishing in the seaside leagues for years, the only chance championship teams have is to get physical with the grangemouth galacticos. 

Says the perennial bottle merchants 

Falkirk looked pretty good, you could see they are a confident team, set up well.

We were a jittery mess in the first half. Panicking on the ball too often and the goal we conceded was horrendous from Udjur (who i will give a pass to given fitness) and Ferrie (the initial shot was going well wide). Lucky to be only one down at that point I think.

We are capable of moments like Thomas goal but the squad overall is ill equipped for what is to come despite some modest improvements in the second half.

We need several new additions or I would be surprised if we have zero points after the first four games.

9 minutes ago, BPM said:

Says the perennial bottle merchants 

Not sure you know what perennial means, given the last time we played you in a bottle match we horsed you 5-0 to win the league, and have been a top flight team since you have. My post actually wasn't a dig at Falkirk as a club, just yer man talking about having to contend with hammer throwers when you've just been promoted.  It seemed a tad entitled.

Edited by ALJAGS76
Fat fingers

Didn’t really feel QP offered much of a threat and would only score again if they had another moment of magic. 

I thought we played well overall but we have so much more to give than we showed tonight. I did feel we needed to tweak the setup slightly as in the second half they were finding space and our players were having to cover a lot of ground, which showed near the end as a few looked dead on their feet

22 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Never really in doubt but worrying for me that we let them see too much of the ball in the second half. They barely got a sniff in the first 45.  They have a couple of bits of quality (not Rudden) and will punish teams.   Tait drifted out the game after bossing early. I suppose that’s what it’s going to be like this season - dodging hammer throwers. 

You were better than us tonight but not by that much. And that was a makeshift team we put out. So stiffer tests to come.

You will probably be good until the winter. Then bookings, injuries, and most importantly, shite pitches away from home come in to play. As we found out it is difficult to play sharp passing football on tattie fields in January. So a good plan B will be needed.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

Just now, Stuntiethumper said:

You were better than us tonight but not by that much. And that was a makeshift team we put out. So stiffer tests to come.

You probably be good until the winter. Then bookings, injuries, and most importantly, shite pitches away from home come in to play. As we found out it is difficult to play sharp passing football on tattie fields in January. So a good plan B will be needed.

We were without our second best player last season & missing a few defenders so nanana na na

2 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

You will probably be good until the winter. Then bookings, injuries, and most importantly, shite pitches away from home come in to play. As we found out it is difficult to play sharp passing football on tattie fields in January. So a good plan B will be needed.

My Plan B will be 10 pints before the game. Haven’t had a drink for 10 days. I don’t know how people can watch football sober. 

Just now, StuartA said:

My Plan B will be 10 pints before the game. Haven’t had a drink for 10 days. I don’t know how people can watch football sober. 

I agree. That's why I didn't drive through tonight. Fifth house measure numbing the pain.

8 minutes ago, ALJAGS76 said:

just yer man talking about having to contend with hammer throwers when you've just been promoted.  It seemed a tad entitled.

The two things aren't actually related in any way. I'm sure you know that though. 

29 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye got to wonder if he'll be the same player having been out that long unfortunately.

A couple of English Championship clubs were sniffing about him that season as well, would be a real shame if he never recovers from it.

22 minutes ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Yeah that’ll be true for most. But when we can push Hendo back into midfield then we’ll probably have enough to deal with it. Agree re Grangemouth btw, as an FK3 man myself.