Falkirk Vs Queens Park

55 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ask the SJ fans their opinion of him.

Two cup wins and chased out the place. It's like dating Taylor Swift and dumping her because she won't wash your socks!

59 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

FFS, £5 to park a car. Hopefully it's washed and buffed up to shine like the sun for that.

Can park at the college up the road and walk over. Have to go through the park in the bog because of the roadworks though really as they've got a bunch of the pavements closed. 

I think most opposition fans are underestimating us which is fine. 
FWIW I think this will have a few goals. There is not a chance we won’t dominate the ball with Tait, Spencer and Nesbitt who I think will be fit. We had 55% against DU, 60% v Ayr and 70% against the two rabbits in our LC section. 
Side pretty much picks itself if there are no injuries 

Hogarth

Adams Donaldson Henderson Mackie

Spencer Tait

morrsion Nesbitt Millar 

Maciver 

The lad from Inverness they have signed needs to be watched as does Thomas. 

As has been the way at home the support have been worth a goal of a start. Not saying it will be the same a league up but the atmosphere will be very very good. 

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

FFS, £5 to park a car. Hopefully it's washed and buffed up to shine like the sun for that.

Am sure it will be but by that time it'll be on its way to it's new owner 😜

2 hours ago, BPM said:

I think most opposition fans are underestimating us which is fine. 
FWIW I think this will have a few goals. There is not a chance we won’t dominate the ball with Tait, Spencer and Nesbitt who I think will be fit. We had 55% against DU, 60% v Ayr and 70% against the two rabbits in our LC section. 
Side pretty much picks itself if there are no injuries 

Hogarth

Adams Donaldson Henderson Mackie

Spencer Tait

morrsion Nesbitt Millar 

Maciver 

The lad from Inverness they have signed needs to be watched as does Thomas. 

As has been the way at home the support have been worth a goal of a start. Not saying it will be the same a league up but the atmosphere will be very very good. 

I still wouldn't be surprised to see yeats starting at right back.  John tends to go for his tried and trusted first and may still see his invincibles as being in command of the jerseys to start the season. Who knows 

5 hours ago, an86 said:

Will never understand why anyone cares what opposition fans think or don’t think about their side. For what it’s worth, I think Falkirk will be the stronger of the two sides promoted from the third tier. 

This, I don't know (or care) nearly enough about any team other than Falkirk in this division to give a noteworthy opinion of. From what it looks like, there will be goals on Friday night. 

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I still wouldn't be surprised to see yeats starting at right back.  John tends to go for his tried and trusted first and may still see his invincibles as being in command of the jerseys to start the season. Who knows 

You are right he does that but in the three games Adams played there is an argument to say he was just about our best player. I just can’t see how McGlynn can leave him out. If Nesbitt is not fit I think you could put Yeats in beside Spencer and move Tait to the N.10 role. 

1 hour ago, BPM said:

You are right he does that but in the three games Adams played there is an argument to say he was just about our best player. I just can’t see how McGlynn can leave him out. If Nesbitt is not fit I think you could put Yeats in beside Spencer and move Tait to the N.10 role. 

Can't see yeats in midfield starting without injuries tbh. He has a love in with Oliver and you have Ross too for no 10;role

FTR I like Oliver, he's not a starter in our strongest 11 but he won't let you down if he is chosen.

I initially thought queens and Airdrie might struggle this year with a fair amount of squad changes but the league cup results might suggest otherwise........then again we had superb league cup results and got relegated.

Looking forward to the league opener 

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Can't see yeats in midfield starting without injuries tbh. He has a love in with Oliver and you have Ross too for no 10;role

FTR I like Oliver, he's not a starter in our strongest 11 but he won't let you down if he is chosen.

I initially thought queens and Airdrie might struggle this year with a fair amount of squad changes but the league cup results might suggest otherwise........then again we had superb league cup results and got relegated.

Looking forward to the league opener 

Think it was the year after we had the great LC section we got relegated. 

2 hours ago, BPM said:

Think it was the year after we had the great LC section we got relegated. 

Yes, we had a poor group under Hartley's Haddies.

Was at the 1st game v Montrose and vividly remember a feeling of "we're going to be in trouble here, these guys can't play" settling in my gut as the game went on. Sadly I was correct.

22 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was at the 1st game v Montrose and vividly remember a feeling of "we're going to be in trouble here, these guys can't play" settling in my gut as the game went on. Sadly I was correct.

I was at that game and you are right, 20 minutes in I was thinking we looked terrible and it didn’t improve as the season went on.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I was at the pre season friendly that season v Alloa, a game we actually won 2-1, however, remember going from feeling ecstatic about all these guys from Chelsea and Brighton etc being signed in pre season to seeing them first time in the flesh and thinking these guys are awful. Heaven knows how he got away with signing so many duds.

Dennon Lewis could trap the ball further than I could kick it. The absolute definition of a chicken with no head.

Thankfully those days are long behind us now. Re the game tomorrow night, any win will do just to get us off to a winning start, momentum will be everything this season again. Not sure what to expect from Queens Park but know we should be at them from the start and it should be an exciting game.

If Nesbitt is fit all bar one position picks itself. I'd be happy with Yeats or Adams at right back, nice position to be in spoilt for choice. Neither has put a foot wrong.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

A narrow away win and a decent sized burst bubble...

In all fairness, I think Falkirk will fancy there chances tomorrow, home game and I'd imagine a really big crowd.

QP no mugs though, decent squad, good manager and had some pretty good league cup results despite the Hibernian game. A lot of grafters with some individual quality.

Mon the Spiders!

10 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

A narrow away win and a decent sized burst bubble...

In all fairness, I think Falkirk will fancy there chances tomorrow, home game and I'd imagine a really big crowd.

QP no mugs though, decent squad, good manager and had some pretty good league cup results despite the Hibernian game. A lot of grafters with some individual quality.

Mon the Spiders!

K thx bai 

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I was at the pre season friendly that season v Alloa, a game we actually won 2-1, however, remember going from feeling ecstatic about all these guys from Chelsea and Brighton etc being signed in pre season to seeing them first time in the flesh and thinking these guys are awful. Heaven knows how he got away with signing so many duds.

Dennon Lewis could trap the ball further than I could kick it. The absolute definition of a chicken with no head.

Thankfully those days are long behind us now. Re the game tomorrow night, any win will do just to get us off to a winning start, momentum will be everything this season again. Not sure what to expect from Queens Park but know we should be at them from the start and it should be an exciting game.

If Nesbitt is fit all bar one position picks itself. I'd be happy with Yeats or Adams at right back, nice position to be in spoilt for choice. Neither has put a foot wrong.

It was this one for me, a game we somehow won 2-0, Forfar side featuring Dylan Easton absolutely played us off the park.

hartley had his team doing their daft warm ups at half time and the subs on exercise bikes tho x