St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Monday 05/08/24

10 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Any recommendations where to park?

I am taking the autistic chap that I look after, so was thinking about using the car park at the ground. He doesn’t have a blue badge so we can’t use the disabled spaces. 

Another word of warning, I took him to three games last season and they all finished 0-0. 

Give the saints SLO a shout, she might be able to help re parking and anything else needed, blue badge or not. 

Interested to see what Thelin's solution to Clarkson's injury is.

Play Miovski? I can understand why we wouldn't start him – yes he's our player and we pay his wages but keeping him safe for a big transfer is probably a smart investment of said wages. We're talking millions here, that doesn't come Aberdeen's way very often.

Play Gueye on the left? He is sharp coming from midway through the Norwegian season but he hasn't had much game time for us. McGrath in the middle can replicate Clarkson's pressing, I don't know if Pape has that aspect.

Could start Besuijen but he didn't really grab his chances in the cup games.

48 minutes ago, Flammable sheep said:

Interested to see what Thelin's solution to Clarkson's injury is.

Play Miovski? I can understand why we wouldn't start him – yes he's our player and we pay his wages but keeping him safe for a big transfer is probably a smart investment of said wages. We're talking millions here, that doesn't come Aberdeen's way very often.

Play Gueye on the left? He is sharp coming from midway through the Norwegian season but he hasn't had much game time for us. McGrath in the middle can replicate Clarkson's pressing, I don't know if Pape has that aspect.

Could start Besuijen but he didn't really grab his chances in the cup games.

We can loan you Cammy MacPherson. Hell,  we will even let you play him against us tonight.... please 🙏

This could be a lot more open than previous Saints vs Aberdeen games. We cannot really control a game and are weak at the back, so will concede. Flip is that we have 2 really good strikers now and one bang on form. So, will be 0-0.... 

Expected at this point, but it’s a bit of a shame that there’s been absolutely no mention of Geoff Brown’s departure or Adam Webb’s arrival on Sportsound or Sportscene since the news was announced. The current media narrative for tonight’s match is ‘the start of the Jimmy Thelin era’. Very disappointing really.

Good to see St Johnstone's new regime trying to get new fans in. I hope they all see you get a skelping. 

Will be interested to see how our cb pairing copes against decent strikers.  Pretty well untested so far but i expect some entertainment from rubi in particular. 

I'd start Pape on the left with McGrath in the middle. 

1-3, Sokler double. 

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I predict that Levein will go with Rae in goal, a back three of Neilson/Sanders, McClelland and Cameron, Wright as RWB and Keltjens as LWB, a midfield three of Smith, MacPherson and Carey, with a front two of Sidibeh and Kimpioka.

Is McPherson not out injured? 

29 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Expected at this point, but it’s a bit of a shame that there’s been absolutely no mention of Geoff Brown’s departure or Adam Webb’s arrival on Sportsound or Sportscene since the news was announced. The current media narrative for tonight’s match is ‘the start of the Jimmy Thelin era’. Very disappointing really.

Agreed. Even sky mentioned it; during a Celtic game no less. 

Just now, nelsjfc said:

It's because the biscuits gravy train from saints will have dried up.

BBC Scotland seems little more than a fans forum a lot of the time now. Little in the way of reporting and that nonsense on sportsound on Saturdays now is a cheep phone in essentially.

Off topic slightly, but proper journalists would have been asking questions and doing digging on the ICT takeover for example, so a relatively boring clean saints takeover will have very little interest to them.

6 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

The day after Adam Webb took over, I listened to the Sportsound podcast with the full expectation that it would at least be one of the first things mentioned in their very brief 'News round-up' section. In reality, it wasn't mentioned at all and they thought it was of more importance to mention Partick Thistle's latest signing. Outrageous.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Aye, this is a bit of a nonsense really. This is literally all they have on tonight’s game on their site. Even Levein’s chosen quotes are about Aberdeen.

317E27DE-72A6-4CD7-917F-C6E0BC713C3F.jpeg

B6728C36-4D6C-4DAC-9935-7CEF77E797A2.png

91A7E750-538A-4812-AA64-28C61B634D13.png