Depressed Dunfermline v Bouyant Bairns

Jesus f*ck that was terrible! Very similar to our first game against Raith last season. Nice sunny day, big away backing and a defeat with no goals scored and very little chances. Falkirk on course for a clean sweep this season unless things change rapidly at East End.

Falkirk are riding a wonderful wave that has been building for over a year now. We’re like an old boot that has washed up on the beach. Plenty momentum, long league unbeaten, can truly see the difference in confidence between the two teams.

Better team won. I’ll be honest I don’t think Falkirk were/are anything special, but they didn’t have to be yesterday. First goal was criminal, can’t work out how the boy has to much room. Otoo and McCann sleeping. Haven’t seen the penalty incident yet but not that arsed.

We had chances in the second half, looked more a threat when Kane came on but he’s still miles away fitness. Hopefully our fortnight off will help there.

Unfortunately for us our biggest rivals this season won’t be you guys or the Rovers, it’ll be the boardroom at East End, followed pretty closely by the manager and players.

Fair play, massive, noisy backing in the away end, as loud as it’s been for a while. I suppose it helps when you’ve something to shout about.

See you all near Halloween, perfect for you ghouls 🤣

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Couple of times pars fans have came out with this patter and we got it off Queen's Park fans last week.

'Falkirk aren't good either they're just better than us'

Can't tell if it's bitter berries or there are some superstar teams in this division we've not played yet. Probably a bit of both. 

I’ll take being “just better” than the other team every day of the week. “Just better” is better than what we were being told a few weeks ago, that we’d find the Championship a shock and a big step up. It is a step up in terms of physicality and fitness, but few players I’ve seen against us so far would be stand outs in League One, maybe only Dom Thomas. Our players are still finding their feet at this level, winning while we do that is good enough for me. 

2 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

KRH was an interesting one.  I said to my brother in the first half that if you got anything, it would be through him.  Very dynamic player.  Second half I couldn’t have told you he was on the pitch.

Yeah. Our genius manager changed the system at HT, to play him at wing back. We’ve seen that far too often and know that he is completely ineffective in that role. But the manager would rather play that system, which meant playing a back 5 with 3 players in that 5 playing out of position in the second half.

4 hours ago, OwenDAFC said:

Well that was tragic. Falkirk never got out of first gear never mind second.. we were there for the taking and a decent team would have put 3 or 4 past us. Chalmers looked competent, wighton tried to make things happen for the first 20 minutes then just disappeared, Otoo recovered well from a disastrous first 20. Now to the negatives.. Lewis McCann is NOT a championship level player, I’m not even sure he’s good enough to kick about the lower leagues. Just a big lump who floats about doing nothing. KRH clearly has talent but he’s nullified by our pish system. The black sheets, the ref (for both sides, that “foul” by Maciver was one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen), the message on the tifo.. all pish. 

the worrying thing is the apathy, nobody was really arsed because we all knew exactly how that game would play out. Won’t give the club another penny until this regime (I include mcpake in that) is gone.

Wighton was moved to the left wing and McCann was played through the middle in the striker role half way through the first half after the lengthy injury break which possibly made it look like he had disappeared.. 

Took this game in yesterday, couple of key points. 

1) Falkirk did what they needed to do in 2nd gear. Will comfortably finish top 4 this season. 
2) Dunfermline are really bad, first half especially. Made it a bit more of a contest the 2nd half without really testing the Falkirk goalkeeper. 
3) Great crowd, despite how bad Dunfermline are I still thought it was a great turnout from both sets of supporters. 
4) McPake will be gone by September, and that team are destined for league one

Edited by Connor7

Never really got out of 2nd gear although first half thought we took it easy due to playing into the wind but never really changed too much second half, I felt we sat too deep at times and never really pressed our usual tempo but then why waste energy when you don't need to.  A very poor Pars side saying that Otoo kept Morrison quiet. In fairness, Dunfermline's defence were the only ones passable and even that's questionable.

If I am being honest I think Dunfermline are going about things very similar to our banter years under Hartley etc and our old board.

McPake's full post match interview on the official club page would suggest that finances are not good and there's not much he can do. Other than go with what he has and hope to get one or two of the injured players back. Still early days and a long way to go. This league is wild and there will be bumps in the road for every side. 

29 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

McPake's full post match interview on the official club page would suggest that finances are not good and there's not much he can do. Other than go with what he has and hope to get one or two of the injured players back. Still early days and a long way to go. This league is wild and there will be bumps in the road for every side. 

They look toothless. Kane being the man to come and sort that doesn't seem ideal given his injury history 

On 10/08/2024 at 23:20, North West said:

You can hear me fine ya dippit hoor, or you wouldn't have replied.

I'd suspect your ears full of shite, like the rest of you. 

Oh dear, has the cheek to slag McPake about being utterly clueless. 🙄 This has aged well..

Screenshot_20240508-162432_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240812_134144_Gallery.jpg

23 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

They look toothless. Kane being the man to come and sort that doesn't seem ideal given his injury history 

That would seem to be their main problem, they aren't too bad till they get to the final 3rd, then have nobody that can score goals.

Actually don’t think that they are a great deal worse than they were when  winning L1 a couple of seasons ago.

They were turgid to watch but good enough to see off the shite in that league (us included) but now they are still turgid to watch but not good enough to deal with the better standard of opposition in the Championship.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

I think the Pars came up from L1 after one season and to me don’t look like they have improved and as a fanbase I don’t think they suffered the way we did.

This is going to probably sound nuts but our 5 years in that league brought us to our lowest ebb I’ve  ever seen at the club and in a way I think it’s helped galvanise us.

Last season we blasted our way through that league and with the fans now having control at the club everything is on the up.The team/management/fanbase know we are in this together. Sponsorship/ST Sales/Merchandise/ Crowds /Ultras everything is good just now. We have momentum and that is huge.

We were the joke/banter club of Scottish football all those years but we have came out the other side. Out of the two clubs I’d much rather be where we are now than have owners who don’t seem to care. We know if we get into bother our fanbase will dig deep as we have always done. We are the club and the board are fans so we are all pulling in the same direction.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That would seem to be their main problem, they aren't too bad till they get to the final 3rd, then have nobody that can score goals.

They were absolutely clueless other than the lump up the park and long throws. They could still be playing now and wouldn’t have scored. We were always winning that game if we got in front. In truth we never got out of 2nd gear, but in reality we never really needed to.