Depressed Dunfermline v Bouyant Bairns

I imagine JM and/or PS were at Almondvale yesterday. They'll have seen what we're up against and will hopefully get Morrison to run at whoever Dunfermline stick in at left back.

They've got Kane back, which may give them more of a goal threat.

Only ill discipline. a shit ref or us being pish in front of goal will stop us winning.

9 minutes ago, North West said:

I'm going along to this and backing our team. I think Pars can get a draw or a win out of this. 

I'm going along too. No way I'd miss it. There's no doubting we're struggling as a club but the players aren't to blame and I hope they can put a decent performance in, for no reason other than their own confidence.

Mon the Pars!

12 minutes ago, SomersetBairn said:

I imagine JM and/or PS were at Almondvale yesterday. They'll have seen what we're up against and will hopefully get Morrison to run at whoever Dunfermline stick in at left back.

They've got Kane back, which may give them more of a goal threat.

Only ill discipline. a shit ref or us being pish in front of goal will stop us winning.

I think if we score more that will stop you winning. Jeezo! 

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Makes me slightly uneasy when Falkirk are so confident going into a game. 

Having said that 3-0 Bairns, Sean Mackie with the perfect hatrick.

Just purchased my ticket this morning and they seem to be selling very well indeed as I'm squashed up in a corner somewhere in darkest Fife.

Over 1,900 already sold for the away end. Will sell out no problem

Hopefully the police don't shite themselves again and we can get some fans in the NE this time. Apparently Dunfermline need the cash as well 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Really concerned re some of our supporters expecting us to win this by several goals. That usually doesn’t end well for us.

Looking forward to Saturday and think we have a decent chance of three points but this is our first season in the Championship for a while so the standard of opposition is higher than we are regularly used to beating away from home.

I'm not falling for this rubbish that the Pars fans are spouting that we just need to show up. This is a derby (well sort of) and I expect both teams to be up for it. 

Roll on Saturday..,,,,,,

Like others earlier in the thread, I too am away to see Echo and the Bunnymen. That's the only thing I am looking forward to this weekend. I can genuinely see us losing this by a minimum of 3. We are honestly so shite. We are a League 1 team just sleep walking through things. 

Feet firmly on the ground here. We've beaten a Queens Park side who will very likely be in the bottom 3 or 4 come the end of the season so certainly not getting carried away. Pars fans can tell us they're as shite as they like, but everything goes out the window in a derby game. Would be delighted with any kind of win 

Without stating the obvious, this could go one of three ways - 

Option 1) and most likely, Falkirk come flying out the traps backed by a big vocal away support, taking an early lead before wrapping things up early in the second half 0-3. This leading to mass exodus from the home end and some pretty unsavoury things being aimed at the players, manager and most importantly those higher up. I've imagined this happening for the last few weeks.

Option 2) Despite all the excitement building off the pitch, this is a drab 0-0 or 1-1 with not a lot of talking points. Falkirk happy to remain unbeaten and a point on the road, Dunfermline grateful too take a point without a pasting from a rival. Pars fans still unhappy with board and let their opinions be heard.

Option 3) We make it hard for Falkirk to play their game, defend and one goes in off someone's backside in the last 10 mins giving the Pars a win, papering over the cracks for a fortnight until the next game.

We've been so bad lately that option 3 is almost feels like some sort of fantasy world. Only thing changing this, is if Chris Kane plays. He completely changes things in the final third for us. Not just goal scoring but all round play. However, he's not featured since our opening league cup game away to Spartans so I don't imagine he's all that fit. Still, I'd rather a 70% fit Chris Kane than a fully fit Lewis McCann.

I always worry when we are favourites for this game and when opposition fans are telling you how bad they are.  I'm reminded of the season we got relegated we still managed to win twice at east end despite being bloody awful so this fixture can bring up some unexpected results. It also being our chance to go 40 league games unbeaten this is the kind of game that can put the kybosh on that. So certainly not expecting an easy win that's for sure.

Our main goalkeeper is Deniz Mehmet and we have a defence like a chocolate fireguard. We also don't score goals unless Chris Kane is on the park. Falkirk will win this extremely handsomely. We'll barely get a touch of the ball. I have never been so sure of anything in my life. Falkirk fans have no need to worry. We're even worse than the Arbroath team that finished dead last the season before. 

We also haven't got a sub goalkeeper, and our only left back (who doesn't look up to much btw) is going to be out injured. We are a complete shambles all over the place.