Depressed Dunfermline v Bouyant Bairns

56 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

The Pars fan on the Falkirk Daft podcast said you guys have shifted nearly 4,000 season tickets already, 

Who was that? We've sold over 3000 but no idea how many, and I doubt it's close to 4000.

We'll lose, heavily. Reckon I'll be back in the house before full time. 

5 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

TBF, while that record is abysmal and was a real sore point, there was maybe 1 or 2 games that Raith really ran away with it, and the rest of those games there wasn't much in it save for a moment or two of real quality that made the difference. 

I stand by what I've said before. Regardless of the result, we WILL be poor to watch. Doesn't mean we can't shitfest it a bit and eek out a point or 3, just means a loss is far more likely.

That was the point though - in the games v Raith it wasn't so much us being "up for it" or anything, it was just that it was two pretty poor teams where one had that wee bit of quality to win the game. We didn't really ever get off to a fast start - apart from the game at Starks in the League Cup where McCann scored quite early.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

The Pars fan on the Falkirk Daft podcast said you guys have shifted nearly 4,000 season tickets already, so even if you only have 1,000 walk ups that's still a very decent home crowd, especially given the turmoil within the club at the moment.

Who was that? Fairly certain they’ve completely made that up. Club confirmed 3k not long ago and I can’t see that number increasing after the league cup campaign.

Looking at availability for Saturday, I think we almost certainly haven’t sold 4k tickets for this game, never mind season tickets alone. Only around 6k total capacity in the home end.

IMG_0835.jpeg

8 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Who was that? Fairly certain they’ve completely made that up. Club confirmed 3k not long ago and I can’t see that number increasing after the league cup campaign.

Looking at availability for Saturday, I think we almost certainly haven’t sold 4k tickets for this game, never mind season tickets alone. Only around 6k total capacity in the home end.

IMG_0835.jpeg

Steven Mill was the Pars guy on the podcast. Pretty sure he said nearly 4,000 season tickets but maybe I picked him up wrong. I remember being impressed by the figure given second season in the league and the gloss maybe wearing off a bit. Can't be bothered listening back to check.

ST sales definitely over 3000 but not sure it'll be close to 4000 given all that's going on.

However, I believe it was Steven Mill who was on FalkirkDaft. He does conduct interviews with guys like Dave Cook for ParsTV so perhaps he's privy to that knowledge. What I will say is rather than give random ST sales every week, we seem to wait for a milestone. We've had one for 3000 but nothing for 4000 or even 3500 so that probably tells a story.

I'm sure both involving us and not, there will be the odd unexpected tanking dished out this season, this league has had wild results plenty in recent seasons, but I think I'm general I simply won't buy that there are any easy games coming this season for anyone, unless someone goes full basket case (looking at you, Hamilton). 

On the day aye, there might turn out to be a cake walk or two, but f**ked if I'm brave enough to buy anyone predicting one before KO. 

22 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Steven Mill was the Pars guy on the podcast. Pretty sure he said nearly 4,000 season tickets but maybe I picked him up wrong. I remember being impressed by the figure given second season in the league and the gloss maybe wearing off a bit. Can't be bothered listening back to check.

I'm sure that was just big talk to try and impress Ross and John. Dont think they've sold much over 3,000 in reality, which is still pretty decent tbf 

I have a season ticket for East End and will probably decide on the day whether I can be bothered going or not.

Most Pars fans I have spoken with are almost as pessimistic as myself about the outcome on Saturday and the prospects for the season in general.

I have a similar feeling about this game as I did when travelling to Munich in June. There is an outside chance that we could get a result, but if we lose an early goal or two it could get embarrassing. 

Aye, it's not much over 3k, which will be the second highest in the league. I cannot believe we have shifted that many given it's the poorest pre-season I can remember in 30 years, the lack of signings, the carry on with no replacement goalkeeper...

No chance Kane will start, and probably not even likely to get on, so I can't see where our goals are going to come from. The only time we'll score is if McPake tells Otoo to hit shots as soon as he has a site on goal. That is one thing we have that we don't utilise. He has an absolute belter of a shot on him. Fudging RBs, which most definitely cannot play at wing back on the right anyway, to play at Left wingback and continuing with Breen, Bene and Fisher as our centre halves will help Falkirk get plenty of chances. If you actually test Popadom Wrists Mehmet, unlike Livi, he is bound to chuck a couple in for you. 

Depressing as f**k. Second game of the season and I'm already wanting it to finish. 

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Sorry mate, gave you a reddie in error.

Haha no worries. I predicted your score correct on Friday night so surely worth a green instead 

31 minutes ago, North West said:

I'm feeling buoyant enough to predict a home win for the Pars despite our obvious challenges.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that a win would be an unbelievable boost for everyone. Fans, players, manager, even the board would probably breath a short sigh of relief. 

I'm afraid that the opposite will lead to some very horrible scenes.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that a win would be an unbelievable boost for everyone. Fans, players, manager, even the board would probably breath a short sigh of relief. 

I'm afraid that the opposite will lead to some very horrible scenes.

Yep, straight hame for me if we beaten, I don't want anything to do with anything potentially ugly.

6 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

That's your sister got a night off then.

True, that's why I've lined up wi your sister. She's promised tae put her teeth in and have a shave.

9 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

No doubt we still have good players but last season was so low and full of injuries that there seems to be a loss of confidence. We were very poor in front of goal last season and that has only been half addressed. We've signed a goal every other game player but he's made of glass.

It's almost like we need something to happen in a game to give us a spark, a wee early goal to settle us.

Obviously the league cup group looks bad but we didn't actually play terribly in the games we lost at home to Forfar and Cove. Stupid goalkeeping, defence switching off and unable to break them down. They scored goals against the run of play then just camped in the box and defended.

We beat Spartans 0-3 and didn't play well at all, however the score suggests we did.

We need bodies in, I know the club are likely waiting to utilise the loan market so we'll see another 4/5 come in but getting us to then is a problem.

Goal every other game?50 league goals in 253 apps  your maths isnt too great.

2 hours ago, North West said:

Yep, straight hame for me if we beaten, I don't want anything to do with anything potentially ugly.

Remember not to leave your carer behind 

2 hours ago, Rabbie Bairns said:

Genuinely believe McGlynn should be sacked in the event of a Dunfermline win on Saturday. 

Aye that would certainly top Raith if we sacked mcglynn after his first defeat in 40 league games.🤣