🔵⚪️Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 - 10th August 2024

Difficult to see past a fairly disjointed performance by Rovers this weekend. Likely losing by a goal or two.

Would love to see the team come out & play with far more flair than they’ve done of late but, given this past week, I just don’t see it. 

The injuries/lack of fully fit key players won’t help overall, granted, but it’s the likely lack of real goal threat which I suspect will be our undoing.

17 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

It's a trait on this forum, we all have 'fans' that talk absolute shite tbh

Oi! No need for that - I'm a fan, not a 'fan'.

The talking shite bit, fair enough.

Edited by baba douche

Get tomorrows game oot the road, new manager in on Monday, and we take our season from there, with the squad having to impress the new man in charge.  We then go on and walk the league.

Unless its Kevin Thomson, Yogi, Barry Nedgusson etc then we will be visiting Kelty next season.

With Ayr winning big today this is looking like a huge game for both teams as defeat would out either 5/6 points behind the early leader.

(NB I don't really think an August game can be termed as must win)

7 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

With Ayr winning big today this is looking like a huge game for both teams as defeat would out either 5/6 points behind the early leader.

(NB I don't really think an August game can be termed as must win)

I'm fairly confident we'll be 9 points behind Ayr by the end of this month. 

My expectation is that we will get demolished. Whoever is left fit to make up an 11 will be fairly demoralised after the last week.

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Who’s out injured for Raith?

I think potentially Hanlon, Fordyce, Hamilton, and Brown.  As well as maybe Smith I think and Vaughan missed all of pre season and played 70ish minutes last week.  I think it's less numbers and more it being most of our centre backs and strikers potentially being out

Zero expectations today given our spluttering start to season, mounting injuries ,RR Dead Cat bounce and lack of key position signings .

Happy to be proven wrong .

Edited by I Clavdivs

Genuinely though, it is incredibly frustrating to see us put together this very good squad and then at least 5 of them just be missing with injury every week so far, including someone who has played about 500 games in the top league and never seemed to be unavailable for Hibs. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Blowing a f**king gale here today. Game is going to be a bit of a farce. 

Flashbacks to last seasons 0-0 game against Partick in the wind where both teams played like they'd never touched a ball before. Can't wait for a similar spectacle today.