Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, JohnGAYR said:

As a casual observer of your managerial situation do you not think your fixed structure is a problem?
Most new managers would want their own assistant but you have Colin Cameron as Assistant Manger on a long contract. Then you have John Potter who appears to be in control of all football related matters. Can’t see any experienced or previously successful manager/coach working under him.

Murray said himself he much preferred working under this model than his first season in charge when we had no director of football. Whether you want to call him experienced or previously successful though is a different matter.

Thomson & Courts are currently not with clubs, is that right? If so you can rule them out because Barrowman said the preferred candidate was with another club, but not necessarily a manager.

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

It'll be interesting to see where Murray does end up. I don't think this sacking has damaged his reputation at all. 

What happened to the last manager who shitfested his way to 2nd with a good helping of luck before finally getting emptied next season?

[edit: said manager is still looking for work and really enjoys being in a Head Coach role! Go for him!]

Edited by Thumper

16 minutes ago, pub car king said:

It'll be interesting to see where Murray does end up. I don't think this sacking has damaged his reputation at all. 

Murray will get another championship possibly even bottom-end premiership gig. The popular opinion is likely that his dismissal was quite harsh. 

3 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Murray will get another championship possibly even bottom-end premiership gig. The popular opinion is likely that his dismissal was quite harsh. 

I actually think your manager is the weak link. Really talented squad you guys have but Doolan always looks technically lacking when it matters. Nice guy but not good enough imo. Multiple times I’ve seen it vs us and others on a Friday but the one that stands out is 1st game last season. Cruising to a 2 nil win and he takes off your two players who hurt us..our goals came from the side he changed.

If the Pars get zero points from Hamilton and Ayr I expect Murray to be in their dugout come our game.

13 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

If the Pars get zero points from Hamilton and Ayr I expect Murray to be in their dugout come our game.

That's an interesting take, and isn't that far fetched...unlike the moaning and ITK comments on here.

27 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

There is nothing to suggest Murray is good enough to manage in the Premiership tbh.

40 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I actually think your manager is the weak link. Really talented squad you guys have but Doolan always looks technically lacking when it matters. Nice guy but not good enough imo. Multiple times I’ve seen it vs us and others on a Friday but the one that stands out is 1st game last season. Cruising to a 2 nil win and he takes off your two players who hurt us..our goals came from the side he changed.

Another defeat or 2 in the next month and Doolan will be gone.

Nothing is beyond the realms of possibility but I’d be extremely surprised and disappointed if it was Liam Fox, his record is hardly good at previous clubs and doing ‘no bad’ with Hearts B in Tier 5 isn’t what a supposedly ambitious board should be looking at. He’s another Gary Locke but nowhere near as good.  Appoint him and I’ll go get my bucket and spade out the cupboard.  The Scott Brown rumour is a weird one if there’s any truth in it as I don’t see any reason for him to be linked, Ayr could surely offer equal terms to what we can so unless he’s desperate for a return to Fife for a Stuart’s Pie and a night in Wee Jimmies I don’t see why he’d even be interested in talking to us let alone our board being willing to pay off Ayr Utd compensation terms.  

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Murray getting sacked so early kinda works in his favour really.  If we'd lost the first 7 or so games of the season and then he got sacked, people would say last season was just a fluke and he's not that good a manager.  But getting sacked so early and without having what everybody would refer to as a bad run means that no matter how we do after the new guy comes in, it works in his favour.  If the new guy comes in and we storm the league, Murray can argue that he built a promotion capable team but got unfairly sacked and didn't get to finish the job (he could also argue he build a promotion capable team at Airdrie before he left).   

If on the other hand the new guy comes in and is awful and we struggle, then Murray automatically looks better and it's really easy for him to argue that he was the one getting a tune out of the team and we'd have done better had we not sacked him.

Even if the new comes in and we do so-so, it's still easy for Murray to argue we'd have done better with him in charge, just needs to point to us coming 2nd last season as his argument.  

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

That's an interesting take, and isn't that far fetched...unlike the moaning and ITK comments on here.

I genuinely believe he’ll be snapped up. Whilst I don’t disagree our 2024 form dipped he’s a good guy and massively improved us. Wish Ian nothing but the best.

McPake is now being negative in his post match interviews which only ever leads to one thing. I reckon 0 points and 4 games played will be enough for a call to change. Who would you pick in the Pars situation…?

12 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Think we,re as close to appointing a new manager as the cladding being finished on the Main Stand 😅

My money would be on the cladding to be in place first.🫣 And will last much longer than a number of managers in the forthcoming years.🥺