Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Would be amazed if it wasn't McCabe. Although it will take a few bucks to make it happen 

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

That doesn't stop that happening. If Raith substantially increase his wage I think he'd jump at it.

If he managed to get them promoted it could lead to an even bigger job 

1 hour ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Rhys McCabe would jump at the chance of the Raith job if offered. Much bigger club and pay rise.

I have no doubts McCabe will leave airdrie. However, I just can’t see him going to raith, especially this early in the season. He has built his airdrie squad up well this summer. It’s the first time it’s fully his team. Not sure why he would then move to a team in the same division. I would imagine he will have his eyes set on bigger teams

39 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

He was another poor purchase but it was Paul Harvey who is our record signing. Think we spunked £200k on him.

We also signed Kenny McDonald for £80k in 1989. He was another shadow of the player he was at Airdrie.

It was £325K Scary. That's what happens when you leave the janny in charge

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Scott Broon, just tae rankle Ayrs feathers 😂😂😂

Mind you Moyes is oot o work 😉

It’s amazing that some Raith fans have never gotten over bottling a league to us six years ago. 

Not sure if Raith fans are aware but Jackie Macnamara and Rhys McCabe are pretty close. McNamara’s agency (Consillium) have almost 50% of their clientele signed up at Airdrie. It’s all part of McCabe and Airdries deal.

McCabe has a pretty cushty set up at present and knows that one more good season at Airdrie will get him a Scottish premiership club or a decent gig down south.

Id put my mortgage on McCabe NOT going to Raith. Hardly a step up considering the aged players they have and the fact Fordyce and him had a falling out. 

It’s a pretty uninspiring list of names being touted.

I guess with the Kelty connection, the Hibs connection and the fact he isn’t currently in a managerial position would make Thomson a strong candidate from our boards’ point of view. Is he even looking to get back into management though? 

McCabe has done extremely well in his short time as a manager and would be a popular choice with our fanbase. Is he the next Sir Alex/Pep/Klopp like some on here would have you believe? Little early to tell surely!?

1 hour ago, Chippyminton said:

Agreed. When you look at what he's done with Airdrie it's a no-brainer. I'm guessing that the way Raith have been piling out the wads (in a totally unsustainable manner I'd add) they'll make him a ludicrous offer.

Change the record min , from 1800 average to 4000 average , Record season ticket sales 750k prize money last season , Record strip sales do I go on , We are operating within the budget , So we haven’t been piling out the wads as you put it 

The next Raith appointment could depend on what has happened to Murray, ok I know he has been binned,  has he been binned with 2 years of compensation in his back pocket, free to manage any time, or the more likely option of him remaining on the payroll picking up his monthly wage, but basically being frozen out the game...   

That's a fairly large expense I would imagine and if that is the case you would think an Internal promotion could be on the cards. Is a Hanlon, Stevenson partnership that far fetched, Fordyce has been an assistant manager for 2 seasons, Potter has managed before....

Surely Raith don't have a bottomless pit of money..

33 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

No Jack Ross option?

29 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

This

Potter has worked with him at Sunderland,St Mirren and Hibs

Worth mentioning he spoke openly about not wanting to be a manager again, and preferring the relative security of a more background role like "Director of football", before he became Newcastles "Head of Coach development".

I'd imagine we won't see him manage up here any time soon, if he ever does at all.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning he spoke openly about not wanting to be a manager again, and preferring the relative security of a more background role like "Director of football", before he became Newcastles "Head of Coach development".

I'd imagine we won't see him manage up here any time soon, if he ever does at all.

This is the main reason he doesn't get included in my polls anymore.

I need to hawk former Dundee managers like Gary Bowyer for a cushty job and peddle shite like John Hughes and Mark Fotheringham so my club doesn't get landed with them in the future therefore there's simply no room for the audaciously competent shouts like Jack Ross & Robbie Neilson.

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Out of that list Bowyer, Imrie and Thompson are probably the best options Raith won't get McCabe imagine he'll get a good premiership job or a job down south if he was to leave Airdrie. Would be a good laugh if they end up with a Hughes, Hartley or a Ferguson though.

Don't think McCabe has done enough yet for a "good" Premiership club to take a punt on him, but he'll likely end up with offers from clubs at the lower end of the table. Suspect Raith's cash and plans to go up would probably be more appealing for him at this stage than the risk of going somewhere like Motherwell.

McCabe will almost 100% be offered the Hibernian and St Johnstone jobs if he's still at Airdrie when they have vacancies, which there's a real chance happens within the next few months.

I don't know if us being shite and looking doomed to relegation would put him off us, or if the chance to build an entire backroom and squad would appeal, but I think he'd jump at the Hibs job.