Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So they have spent three weeks asking around if anyone wants to be the manager, and have so far found out that there aren't many promotion calibre candidates available at the start of the season? Why didn't they do this stage discretely before sacking Murray if it was indeed a decision made over the course of half a season. Surely even when Murray was linked to other jobs last season,  they would have made some enquiries on contingency options and gained some idea of who would want to do the job.

6 minutes ago, g martin said:

So they have spent three weeks asking around if anyone wants to be the manager, and have so far found out that there aren't many promotion calibre candidates available at the start of the season? Why didn't they do this stage discretely before sacking Murray if it was indeed a decision made over the course of half a season. Surely even when Murray was linked to other jobs last season,  they would have made some enquiries on contingency options and gained some idea of who would want to do the job.

They just don’t want to say we have had some knock backs , crap update tbh and imo makes them look like they don’t have or had a plan. I don’t buy this we are taking our time to get right guy sounds like something you say when stalling someone or something.

8 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

They just don’t want to say we have had some knock backs , crap update tbh and imo makes them look like they don’t have or had a plan. I don’t buy this we are taking our time to get right guy sounds like something you say when stalling someone or something.

What did you expect them to say, out of interest? 

Genuinely don't know what some of you expect. If they make no statement folk complain at the lack of an update. If they provide an update folk complain that it's not exactly what they wanted.

It's clear that we had a shortlist before we began but that so far they've all decided to stay put. That means sourcing new names and doing due diligence. 

I know we are all blinded by our own clubs but from the outside looking in, Barrowman came across as really unlikeable. Of course there is a surplus of football manager's looking for jobs but when your headhunting guys from other clubs then the ball is firmly in their court when it comes to contract negotiations. So, I'm not surprised its taking longer than anticipated.

Meanwhile the transfer window will soon shut so no strikers we desperately need....

Great.

Edited as apparently we are looking at Jamieson from St Mirren.

From the other thread.

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

Your just being ridiculous now , you will never sign another goalie unless westwater is getting the gloves on again 😜

Could do a lot worse! 

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

I know we are all blinded by our own clubs but from the outside looking in, Barrowman came across as really unlikeable. Of course there is a surplus of football manager's looking for jobs but when your headhunting guys from other clubs then the ball is firmly in their court when it comes to contract negotiations. So, I'm not surprised its taking longer than anticipated.

Boxed himself into a corner with the we know who we want and should have it done in days spiel without having our ducks in a line and actually finding out if our intended target wanted to come to us, left us scrapping around looking like f**king amatuers on this one. 

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Genuinely don't know what some of you expect. If they make no statement folk complain at the lack of an update. If they provide an update folk complain that it's not exactly what they wanted.

It's clear that we had a shortlist before we began but that so far they've all decided to stay put. That means sourcing new names and doing due diligence. 

I expected someone to be waiting in the wings and all but agreed by now. If they’ve been unhappy with the way things have been going for some time, then some sort of succession planning would be the way to go.

As long as the temporary management team can keep getting results to keep us at the top end of the table, then it’s not an issue. If we go on a bad run, that’s when the pressure comes.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Hurry up and announce Neil Lennon before Saturday 3pm

I hear we’re getting that lad Thomson, with Ayr’s Brown as his assistant. Gary  O’Connor as coach and Deek Riordan as kitman. Putting the band back together.

14 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Meanwhile the transfer window will soon shut so no strikers we desperately need....

Great.

Edited as apparently we are looking at Jamieson from St Mirren.

From the other thread.

The transfer window shuts in a week but not for free agents or loans.  I seriously doubt we're going to be paying fees for players (we haven't sold that many pies) so the window shutting should make no difference to us.

14 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

That does raise the question of how much due dilligence was done on the shortlist in the first place given that people just aren't interested in moving. Is it down to the expectations of this season, asking a Leven or O'Carroll to come in and win the league first go?