The Falkirk Bairns versus the Jam Tarts

Welcome one and all to the match thread for Falkirk FC v Heart of Midlothian FC in the SPFL League Cup round of 16. 

This is the place for pre match chat, travel advice, crowd predictions, offers of straighteners and lastly, if anyone can be arsed, pre and post match analysis. 

I will start with a predictions of a crowd of 6,789. A four (4) goal victory for the home side, and a request for a square go with @VincentGuerin

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Welcome one and all to the match thread for Falkirk FC v Heart of Midlothian FC in the SPFL League Cup round of 16. 

This is the place for pre match chat, travel advice, crowd predictions, offers of straighteners and lastly, if anyone can be arsed, pre and post match analysis. 

I will start with a predictions of a crowd of 6,789. A four (4) goal victory for the home side, and a request for a square go with @VincentGuerin

Set your rules and I'll see if I'm up for it.

11 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Can anyone recommend a good kebab place in Edinburgh that's open at lunchtime? I'm going to the museum on chambers Street first, then kebab, then match

You do know the match is in Falkirk?

Kebab Mahal on Nicholson Square is pretty close to Chambers St, open at lunchtimes and a bit of an institution.  Haven’t been there for 30 years though so no idea if it’s still good!

20 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Kebab Mahal on Nicholson Square is pretty close to Chambers St, open at lunchtimes and a bit of an institution.  Haven’t been there for 30 years though so no idea if it’s still good!

@Rugster

47 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Kebab Mahal is outstanding! @thistledo !!!!! 

55 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Sorry yeah I forgot to say that I am flying in to Edinburgh with my son first thing.

I was going to get the 38 bus but it seems like it takes a while. 

Also I've seen some horror stories about train prices so I don't know what's best 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Sorry yeah I forgot to say that I am flying in to Edinburgh with my son first thing.

Also I've seen some horror stories about train prices so I don't know what's best 

The scotrail website will tell you how much the train costs m8

Eta.... £12.10 return

Edited by Bairnardo

On 13/08/2024 at 14:09, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Bump the train

On 13/08/2024 at 12:59, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Can anyone recommend a good kebab place in Edinburgh that's open at lunchtime? I'm going to the museum on chambers Street first, then kebab, then match.

Palmyra on Nicholson Street is also decent, the chicken shawarma is unreal

On 13/08/2024 at 14:09, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Train into Falkirk Grahamston and get a bus from town. 

I've never used the 38 bus but I'd imagine it will take forever and there will be little difference in price compared to the train

Kent out which isn't ideal with Halkett not being up to full speed. However, it's chicken and egg with Halkett, he needs games to get fit so maybe a good chance to put him in.

Salazar available too but imagine he'll be bench at best.

On 13/08/2024 at 12:59, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Can anyone recommend a good kebab place in Edinburgh that's open at lunchtime? I'm going to the museum on chambers Street first, then kebab, then match.

My boy swears by German Doner Kebab. There is one near Waverly Station and one near Napier Uni. 

Every day he is in, he gets one.