The Falkirk Bairns versus the Jam Tarts

13 hours ago, Gaz said:

When did Hearts sign this boy Shankland who came on in the second half?

I assume this is a different Shankland than the one folk were genuinely expecting to start every game for Scotland at the Euros?

Has he ever scored at the Bairnabeu? I can’t for the life of me remember him doing so with ANY of his clubs!🤔🤷‍♂️

Edited by kiddy

A lot being made of Hearts’ changes to their team but when you consider we were missing, arguably our three best players from last season, it makes the result and performance even better.

Would definitely be using this League Cup money to get Keelan Adams tied down to a longer deal.

10 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Would definitely be using this League Cup money to get Keelan Adams tied down to a longer deal.

Would make more sense to tie someone down like Calvin miller who’s contract runs out at the end of season imo. Extensions cost money best to use them efficiently and effectively.

2 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Would make more sense to tie someone down like Calvin miller who’s contract runs out at the end of season imo. Extensions cost money best to use them efficiently and effectively.

Yeah that's a fair point as well

Apart from laughing at Hearts hubris, it shouldnt go unnoticed (appreciate it doesnt IN Falkirk) just how well Falkirk have played, and the results they have achieved over the last year or so.

It has genuinely not got the recognition it deserves in the Old Firm* obsessed Scottish sports media.

I fully expect to see them back up in the Premiership before long.

*sic

Genuinely trying to think if even Jeffries had a better ratio of hits:misses in terms of player signings as McGlynn has.

I was in the Falkirk end yesterday, no need to sit I my hands.   First half was fine but Falkirk bossed the second half. Falkirk looked very decent and I would expect them to be challenging for the Championship title this season. 

Hearts need to improve quickly.  I think they will. 

56 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I was in the Falkirk end yesterday, no need to sit I my hands.   First half was fine but Falkirk bossed the second half. Falkirk looked very decent and I would expect them to be challenging for the Championship title this season. 

Hearts need to improve quickly.  I think they will. 

I think if Hearts had taken any one of their first half chances we'd have been looking at a totally different scoreline. Without Hogarth you could easily have been three or four up by half-time. Not taking those chances just gave us the confidence we needed to have a go in the second half.

3 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Diddy cup for diddy teams. Give me a shout when it goes 3 figure between cup wins🫢

Not every Edinburgh team can hack the league cup right enough.

18 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Not every Edinburgh team can hack the league cup right enough.

You're right, Hearts have still won that cup more times than Hibs

Onto the game though, well played Falkirk, thoroughly deserved, I like Naisy as a manager, but his absolute rookieness shone through on Saturday, and I believe he completely disrespected Falkirk by picking the side he did, he moaned about Shankland not getting much of a pre season and then didn't play him on Saturday, I don't get that! 

Best of luck in the next round Falkirk, I hope you smash that lot.