Falkirk 🔵⚪️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡

Falkirk 🔵⚪️ vs Thistle 🟡🔴  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Result Prediction

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/24 at 14:00

54 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Do you honestly think 2 turnstiles is enough for 1100 fans?

That's 550 people per turnstile, and even if every away fan turned up at 2.30 you would need to get 18 people a minute through each gate for them all to make it in on time. That’s just not feasible. Even 9 people per minute per turnstile from 2pm would be pushing it - and of course that’s unrealistic because why on earth should people be expected to arrive in excess of an hour early for a Scottish Championship match?

I can almost guarantee that if Thistle only opened 2 turnstiles for a 1000+ travelling Falkirk support, your attitude here would be completely different.

Yeah think it’s fair for the club to say they got that wrong in terms of turnstiles, also clearly not expecting those numbers as the separator cordon was moved by stewards (twice). 
Hardly a massive issue tbh, so they need to get better at something relatively simple fix. Just do it and move on.

Fair play to thistle guys too, decent away support 👍🏼

That's a shame from the club about the way fans being delayed getting in. The club also need to look at how fast they can get the cars in for parking, 1 guy on parking tickets was also not good enough, and £5 to park is far to expensive for what is a just a bit of gravel

Edited by ChrispPancake

On 15/08/2024 at 10:49, Bairnardo said:

Won't make this one unfortunately. Will enjoy the highlights of another home win. 

Certainly did. Two screamers. On about 18 minutes, Keelan Adams pulling the ball out the air and going by the defender is pure filth. His tough is absolute exquisite seen that from high balls a few times already from him. Enjoyed Nesbits reaction to Hendos goal... .We'll never hear the end of that. Only highlights obvs but Ethan Ross looked lively. 

Seen the various comments about the ref, but one lowlight was the Thislte player landed on his head and the ref waiting all the way until Tait was about to shoot before stopping it, thereby infuriating basically everyone. Fanny. As obvious a need to stop the game as you'll ever see. 

I can understand the Falkirk fans delight at being 3 for 3. Not saying they wouldn’t have beaten us if we had 11 for the full game, but it obviously makes it easier when you have an extra player for 60 odd minutes. No wonder it was attack vs defence in the 2nd half. 

2 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I can understand the Falkirk fans delight at being 3 for 3. Not saying they wouldn’t have beaten us if we had 11 for the full game, but it obviously makes it easier when you have an extra player for 60 odd minutes. No wonder it was attack vs defence in the 2nd half. 

This post has a bit of a “what a sad little life Jane” vibe about it.

4 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

It was a stupid decision by Stanway that caused it and Falkirk were the better side even at 11 v 11. I agree with McGlynn that playing against 10 can sometimes be more difficult, Partick went into a low block so we couldn’t play the style of football we usually do and it made the game very one sided. 

I think had Graham been fit its obviously a different game as Partick can be more physical up front, instead the lad Diack who looked lost and who’s only meaningful contribution was to get himself booked, just kept the ball coming back at your backline. I would be asking questions about the discipline in your team as we’ve had some terrible referees at the stadium but it felt like you picked up some needless bookings from players reacting every time a decision went against them.

10 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

For the Alloa game we had 1,400 Falkirk fans using the same number and all got in no problem.

That's not true. I was in the north stand for that game and the queue was ridiculous. Was away round by the club shop. Took ages to get in. 

Some strange takes. A goalie is never going to get sent off for time wasting, like it or not. I’d be wanting Hogarth to be doing the same if we were in that position.

We should have had more turnstiles open for Thistle fans and we wouldn’t like it if it was the other way about. 

Great following from Thistle, 5 years in League One and during covid means we rarely get games like this.

Thought Thistle started brightly first 10 minutes or so, however pre sending off we were on top for the next 20 minutes or so when the game settled. The ref got the sending off 100pc correct. Two definite yellows that both happened directly in front of us. Even on the second yellow you can tell from the thistle players body language they knew he deserved it. 

After that it was pretty much one way traffic. Our play was decent but finishing, yet again, very wasteful. Thought it might take a defender to break the deadlock and so it proved. Mackie Donaldson and Henderson all had great efforts. Still don't think we've played at anywhere near our best but bodes well that we have 9/9 points from three 7/10 performances. Love to see the finishing improve. 

As for Thistle the no18 striker looked excellent when he came on, held the ball up well, decent skill and good finish for his goal. Good away support but we really need to open more than two away turnstiles for championship games. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

Great start to the season. 

Possibly a controversial take, but on watching the highlights I'm not sure it was a dive for the second yellow. The boy gets right back up and doesn't claim for anything. I wonder if he's just slipped.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Possibly a controversial take, but on watching the highlights I'm not sure it was a dive for the second yellow. The boy gets right back up and doesn't claim for anything. I wonder if he's just slipped.

I thought he slipped when at the game but watching it back he is expecting the defender, Hendo, I think it is, to clatter into him but the defender stops and the the Partick boy is already his way down so for me it's a dive. 

Also look at his reaction. He doesn't argue with the ref or anything. He knew he got caught oout.i always think the way a players reaction is very telling. 

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

He angles his body to shield the ball an exaggerate the contact he thinks is coming from Hendo. Looks to me likes he sets up to gamble for Hendo to barge through the back of him and go down, except Hendo doesn't and he looks a fanny for going down. That and the booking would explain the getting up quickly. Correct decision was reached for me. 

12 minutes ago, Gaz said:

He jumps right back up but only to get to the ref to plead with him not to produce the inevitable yellow card.

For me it’s a definite dive. 

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Was as bad a dive as you'll see. 'Anticipating' contact and none came, a ridiculous gamble when on a yellow after 25 mins. Can always go off the players reactions and didnt see a single complaint from Stanway or any other Thistle player. 

26 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Alternative angles of the Falkirk goals here, really is a top-drawer finish by Spencer

🎥

Two penalty claims in a couple of mins in that vid. Thistle's #23 loses his footing at a cross and impedes McIver and in the next phase of play #20 handballs it from Brad Spencers shot then feigns a head injury to cover the fact. 

Stanway also needs to take lessons from Wasiri Williams, Olympic levels 1️⃣0️⃣

IMG_0267.jpeg

Edited by Blame Me

13 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Thought that also. Was running late so parked in the industrial estate and couldnt believe the queues at the north stand.

Wasnt an access issue. 1,100 Thistle fans = half the stand capacity = 2 turnstiles. For the Alloa game we had 1,400 Falkirk fans using the same number and all got in no problem. Couldnt see any overly zealous searching either, just assume a larger % than usual turned up too close to kick off 

I get that we have a really good board at last and that there’s a real good feel around the club but that doesn’t mean we have to defend every mistake we make. We will get things wrong from time to time. 

We clearly got it wrong yesterday. I was late getting in yesterday due to the traffic and the car park being full. I saw a long queue of Thistle fans at 3.15 so clearly something was wrong and if there was only two turnstiles that’s obviously not adequate for a larger away support.

Id like to think the club will correct this for appropriate games in future….

Edited by roman_bairn