Falkirk 🔵⚪️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡

Falkirk 🔵⚪️ vs Thistle 🟡🔴  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Result Prediction

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/24 at 14:00

1 hour ago, BPM said:

You do realise that there is a gym set out on the East side of the away stand? 
The midweek before a game the clubs have an operational meeting at which away fan likely attendance is discussed. If you looked at the set up of the stand to begin with is was clear that they had set up for about 800 coming. Clearly there was about 40% more turned up than planned and they had to use other sections. For the full house the week before the club clear the gym that rents out the stand so both sets of turnstiles can be used. They was no issue at the Hearts game. So IMO the club were caught out yesterday as more turned up than expected (and I would guess advised by PT)but they could not open the other side turnstiles as the gym is all set up in that part of the stand. 
In future it looks to me the club have two options. Clear the gym for every home game where there is a chance of more than about 800 or build two extra turnstiles at the West side of the north stand. 

The gym equipment should be cleared out of the way before a home match.

11 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Was as bad a dive as you'll see. 'Anticipating' contact and none came, a ridiculous gamble when on a yellow after 25 mins. Can always go off the players reactions and didnt see a single complaint from Stanway or any other Thistle player. 

Actually think Dhanda’s was worse last week but he got away with it through Dickinson’s indifference 

We should add the referees decision to book Agyeman for not retreating when he was in fact retreating and the ref was facing the other direction, into the pantheon of awesome decisions.

Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path 
to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not 
within playing distance of either player.
All players have a right to their position on the field of play; being in the way 
of an opponent is not the same as moving into the way of an opponent.
A player may shield the ball by taking a position between an opponent and the 
ball if the ball is within playing distance and the opponent is not held off with 
the arms or body.
If the ball is within playing distance, the player may be fairly 
charged by an opponent.

Can only assume Alfie was penalised for this but it's such a wooly rule. The mere act of shielding has to include the body at some stage 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The gym equipment should be cleared out of the way before a home match.

I agree but the cost of that is not needed v a good few in this league. QP, Hamilton, Morton and Livingston for example 

51 minutes ago, BPM said:

I agree but the cost of that is not needed v a good few in this league. QP, Hamilton, Morton and Livingston for example 

Very true but the gym company should have been made aware of the need to clear their equipment away for certain games.

The club should have erred on the side of a bigger than expected away support on Saturday, at the end of the day Thistle are one of the biggest clubs in this division and the weather was fairly reasonable.

Obviously I recognise the need to maximise income but not at the detriment of match day operations.

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Very true but the gym company should have been made aware of the need to clear their equipment away for certain games.

The club should have erred on the side of a bigger than expected away support on Saturday, at the end of the day Thistle are one of the biggest clubs in this division and the weather was fairly reasonable.

Obviously I recognise the need to maximise income but not at the detriment of match day operations.

I would think they would know that. If Partick tell Falkirk that they are bringing 700 (as confirmed by JS) and that can be easily accommodated by the initial set up and they turn up with 1100 I have some sympathy with the club. What is important now is they don’t get caught like this again and err on the side of caution moving forward. 

I’ve always wondered in this day and age how and why the away club estimate how many people will be showing up. Considering the online ticketing is done by the home clubs should they not already have a rough estimate? 

Obviously having a PATG option for this game can cause a few more issues with numbers.

Edited by Maine

7 minutes ago, Maine said:

I’ve always wondered in this day and age how and why the away club estimate how many people will be showing up. Considering the online ticketing is done by the home clubs should they not already have a rough estimate? 

Obviously having a PATG option for this game can cause a few more issues with numbers.

Maybe when the decision was made the online sales were only 3 or 400? It was a bad mistake at the weekend. Falkirk have to and will learn from it I am sure. 

Once it is declared an open event with a PATG facility, crowd control measures should be in place in preparation for the maximum number of tickets you intend to sell. Clearly, on Saturday, means of access and egress were inadequate. Whether there was sufficient stewarding and first aid cover is unknown.

Falkirk FC should be applauded for allowing access to 'walk-ups', football needs supporters and the more the merrier. But there are responsibilities that this brings, along with the extra income. 

I'm not sure PATG makes that much of a difference. I usually buy online tickets sat in the pub fifteen minutes before kick off.

4 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

This is all reminding me of the halcyon days of Ian Maxwell telling Hibs to expect 200 odd fans from us. 

That's exactly what it reminded me of if you're talking about that first away game of the season when they'd just scraped out of the Championship.

The other was that truly nonsense League Cup game against Queen's Park with about twenty late goals and a Shankland strike from a thousand yards. If I remember correctly (which I often don't) kick off was delayed to let the fans in as Thistle are obviously too massive a fanbase for Hampden to cope with.

5 hours ago, Double t said:

Credit to the Thistle board for explaining their part in this. Clearly appears that the estimate of 800 wasn’t unreasonable on paper though, but it was ultimately a big factor in the queues on Saturday……..

7 hours ago, Double t said:

Re: the graphic attached to this post, surely it should be Tiger McLaughlin with an i and not McLaughlan with an a? Should that not have been noticed and corrected ages ago?

Well crowd issues aside, that was a rough game to watch. The ref was genuinely horrific and the 2 yellows for stanways embarrassing red card were actually the only things he did get  right. Stanway has completely single handily killed us in that game. Falkirk are a good side and truthfully I’m not sure we would have got anything from the game regardless but the second he walks we were for it. It was a total backs to the wall job and truthfully I’m amazed we even managed to get to such a late point in the game at 1-1. Diack was truly awful, we missed Graham so badly in that game. He’s a leader and he knows how to help the team out. A lot of the reason it was such a backs to the wall job was due to Diacks complete inability to make the ball stick. Probably my only positive from the game was Ablade was hungry and energetic and looks a handful when he came on. Hopefully that goal will do his confidence wonders and now next week truly is a must win for Dools. Well beaten on the day and the score line flattered us. No lack of effort from anyway but things must improve fast before the gap becomes to big.