Airdrie vs Queen’s Park

Airdrie are gifting goals every game at the moment through individual errors. McGrattan is horrible when trying to take a ball with his back to goal and now the normally reliable Hancock has joined the give away. Not great officiating i've got say with the DTV guys claiming a still shows that Wilson was well onside and no idea why Turner was booked for QP.

Hancock & Fieldson will be lucky to finish the game, Fieldson in particular grabs a jersey in just about every challenge, cute though!

Airdrie remind me a lot of us last season; a team full of young boys who can knock it around well, but they're hamstrung by a manager who's absolutely set on his game plan that doesn't necessarily suit them as individuals, while being under a bit pressure to follow up on a good year where the club overachieved.

Our defence in particular is really starting to take shape, and that was without Kerr or Thomson (who should be really be back in midfield now anyway). Got the basics right for the most part today, but I think we can do better than that.

Brilliant to get our first win of the league campaign though and it feels like we're just going from strength to strength, especially considering the injuries we've been dealing with. If we can start scoring more goals we'll give everybody in this league a game.

I thought that was a largely professional (apart from Ferrie) performance from queen's. Debatable whether we should have won it but we kept a clean sheet despite however many attacks/shots, and we got 2 non-wonder goals. Good stuff, and well done to Jack wills for stepping in, hope he has a good game next week

7 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Airdrie remind me a lot of us last season; a team full of young boys who can knock it around well, but they're hamstrung by a manager who's absolutely set on his game plan that doesn't necessarily suit them as individuals, while being under a bit pressure to follow up on a good year where the club overachieved.

Our defence in particular is really starting to take shape, and that was without Kerr or Thomson (who should be really be back in midfield now anyway). Got the basics right for the most part today, but I think we can do better than that.

Brilliant to get our first win of the league campaign though and it feels like we're just going from strength to strength, especially considering the injuries we've been dealing with. If we can start scoring more goals we'll give everybody in this league a game.

Aye,most of the players not suited to managers game,maybe a change of tactics and style of play ,give the ball away far to easy,teams know the way we go about things,so easy to predict ,

Beat fair and square today. A few will blame the referee but he didn’t drop the ball a yard out from goal and he didn’t give it away in the midfield to lead to the goals. We look like a development team filled with players with little to no experience of football with implications and it shows. 

30 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Beat fair and square today. A few will blame the referee but he didn’t drop the ball a yard out from goal and he didn’t give it away in the midfield to lead to the goals. We look like a development team filled with players with little to no experience of football with implications and it shows. 

Welcome to world we experienced in the QP 23/24 season under Beuker and Veldman.

Scoring first is so crucial in most games so it was just the start QP needed and we didn't. Individual errors from McGrattan who was well off the pace in all our recent games, and Hancock getting mixed up made it almost impossible. However I'd need to see the Wilson offside goal decision but can't blame the Ref for that, nor the loss overall.

Too pedestrian in most of the match although I detected my pulse rate rising in much of the second half. Queens did a professional job on us throughout the game and we've a lot to learn . Yes injuries have their impact but we can't get detached in this league

Quite funny to see Ferrie getting in that fankle but it's not a game I enjoyed!

Craig Napier probably irritated/puzzled both set of fans so he'll be pleased with his days work. 

5 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Whisper it "strength in depth".

I missed the first trying to get in the ground, but Turner is a real asset played in his correct position.  Really encouraging to see our defence very solid this season despite a rotating backline every week. This team will only get better as the injury list shortens and we can move Thomson to midfield. As has been mentioned. last season's kids have many championship minutes now, and look confident.

That's about 7 1/2  injured now, and none really just 'fringe players'. With at least half of them back, hopefully soon, we can build some consistency.

Like most I was sure we had bungled the summer window, but in fact CD and co seem to have played a very good hand, without resorting to the sensational.