St Mirren v Celtic 25.08.24 12.00 kick off.

Just now, Albertlegend said:

Is there any point even playing these games anymore, if all the teams just took a 3-0 forfeit would they be any worse off??? 

Was thinking the same. The whole thing is so so stale. Celtic had 80% possession away from home when I turned it off. It’s not a competition, no matter how big the hilarious title celebrations are each year. 

HT 0-2

Yeah grim stuff, probably end up 4 or 5. We aren’t at it, again.

Keeper playing well thankfully, he’s saving us from an embarrassment, so far.

Boring.

The only positive from that is it's only 2 and not 5. 

Richard Taylor the only one that gets pass marks from me. I've said it before that Balcombe is really good in 1 on 1 situations. Jury's out on nearly everything else 

1 minute ago, Albertlegend said:

Is there any point even playing these games anymore, if all the teams just took a 3-0 forfeit would they be any worse off??? 

It's been discussed a million times, but @Monkey Tennis had it best when declaring that the 10 sacrificial lambs should all agree to play the youngest, most out of their depth XI each time they play the OF, thus rendering the matches unwatchable and highlighting the grotesque imbalance in resources.

3 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Was thinking the same. The whole thing is so so stale. Celtic had 80% possession away from home when I turned it off. It’s not a competition, no matter how big the hilarious title celebrations are each year. 

I was thinking the same tbh. This is not even remotely a contest, and it will be the same in 90% of their games this season. Why bother?

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's been discussed a million times, but @Monkey Tennis had it best when declaring that the 10 sacrificial lambs should all agree to play the youngest, most out of their depth XI each time they play the OF, thus rendering the matches unwatchable and highlighting the grotesque imbalance in resources.

In fairness, we played our first team against them a couple of years back and still lost 9-0...

Just now, Sarto Mutiny said:

In fairness, we played our first team against them a couple of years back and still lost 9-0...

Imagine 8 to 12 goal wins every week. For both of them.

Sky and the SPFL would be in their ear and they'd be around the table begging to discuss things within 6 weeks.

We're not doing ourselves any favours...awful when we get the ball, decision making all over the shop, giving the ball away at throw-ins etc.

Sadly it's just a case of keeping the score line respectable now.

Celtic losing their best player for £30m and then planning on poaching our best player and captain for around £1m to warm the bench for whomever replaces O'Riley and then complaining that they simply can't play U21s without the introduction of B teams at a higher level whilst teams like Dundee can and then having the audacity to blame the rest of the league for them not being competitive in Europe is f**king bold.

Just now, stressball said:

Reading a few of the comments, I don’t see what the keeper could have done about either of those goals.

Spot on. He had no chance with either. 

His distribution on the other hand has been poor. 

Cant fault him overall as his team mates with the exception of Taylor have been worse

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Imagine 8 to 12 goal wins every week. For both of them.

Sky and the SPFL would be in their ear and they'd be around the table begging to discuss things within 6 weeks.

I genuinely don't think the majority of OF fans would have even the slightest issue with this. They get off on watching their massively resourced teams duff up diddy teams. It's their raison d'etre.

8 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Weirdly we did that in the post-Covid season and got a 0-0 draw. Rangers fans had meltdown because we played kids: Celtic fans had meltdown because we got a point.

Good times, tbh.

3 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I genuinely don't think the majority of OF fans would have even the slightest issue with this. They get off on watching their massively resourced teams duff up diddy teams. It's their raison d'etre.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Weirdly we did that in the post-Covid season and got a 0-0 draw. Rangers fans had meltdown because we played kids: Celtic fans had meltdown because we got a point.

Good times, tbh.

Oh well. Just carry on as we are then.

Keep thinking there's kids shouting in the street outside and it's some wee bams yelling in the stands,