Dundee Utd v St Johnstone FC (KKK)

The Danny Griffin Derby makes it's return as Utd welcome the visitors from the EDL.

Kind request for Utd fans not to look in the direction of any St Johnstone fans whom are of a smaller stature lest they become upset.

This game should be a good test for us.  St Johnstone have had a mixed start to the season and we are just bedding in ourselves.  No disrespect to the Perth club but it’s games like this that we need to be getting all three points.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This game should be a good test for us.  St Johnstone have had a mixed start to the season and we are just bedding in ourselves.  No disrespect to the Perth club but it’s games like this that we need to be getting all three points.

Agreed. I reckon Saints are going to have a very tough season but you can never take them for granted. I have a wee soft spot for them after living in Perth and parts of Perthshire for a while but I hope United do the business tomorrow. 3-1 United.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t think they’d take it as disrespect. Relegation candidates always need to be looking to beat each other. 

Another test of the new squad, and one I think could be fun.

Goodwin sides are pretty predictable, and you know he's going to "play it safe" for as long as possible, so a quick start key.

Would assume Essel comes back in for MacPherson but no other change really needed? Maybe Wright out for Keltjens but I'd give Wright more time.

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The Danny Griffin Derby makes it's return as Utd welcome the visitors from the EDL.

Kind request for Utd fans not to look in the direction of any St Johnstone fans whom are of a smaller stature lest they become upset.

I’m actually on the train up to Scotland as we speak. I started at the gym a couple of months ago in preparation for this fixture, so I’d strongly advise any United fans to steer clear of me.*

*mainly because I injured my leg after two sessions and ended up unable to walk for a month, halting my progress significantly. So I repeat, please steer clear of me. I’m 100% not ready for it.

10 minutes ago, ArabWurzel said:

Agreed. I reckon Saints are going to have a very tough season but you can never take them for granted. I have a wee soft spot for them after living in Perth and parts of Perthshire for a while but I hope United do the business tomorrow. 3-1 United.

If Saints will have a very tough season then so will Utd. Nothing between the sides as you'll find out tomorrow. Infact with Perth's strike force I'd have them as favourites.

Thank you.

The abilty to switch between a three and a four during games is a big thing for Saints but it's important that the manager, more often than not, gets it right from the start.

The personnel won't alter much though and you largely know the 11 players he'll start with.

Hard to not look forward to games when you know you have Sidibeh and Kimpioka starting up front.

First time in the Shed for me. Must've either missed the games when we had it previously, or the options along the side of the pitch were also there.

5 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If Saints will have a very tough season then so will Utd. Nothing between the sides as you'll find out tomorrow. Infact with Perth's strike force I'd have them as favourites.

Thank you.

Hard to tell what type of season United will have considering there are so many new players. Saints will always be favourites with you Dees simply because you want us to get stuffed in all of our games - the feeling is mutual.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

I’m actually on the train up to Scotland as we speak. I started at the gym a couple of months ago in preparation for this fixture, so I’d strongly advise any United fans to steer clear of me.*

*mainly because I injured my leg after two sessions and ended up unable to walk for a month, halting my progress significantly. So I repeat, please steer clear of me. I’m 100% not ready for it.

3oi9qbN.gif

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Riveting stuff

Always interesting to see how clubs do when they get promoted and come up against the more established top flight sides.

Dundee last season should be template for them to replicate.

Been pleasantly surprised with Saints so far this season and keeping the progress on the pitch here, by picking up a point at least, keeps things ticking along. Really need to be keeping a clean sheet and with the strikers being on form, would fancy us knicking a goal.

Always thing Tannadice is a smaller tighter pitch (stats might prove me wrong), so actually might not suit the way we play the front two, but for me, both have to start and bring Essel in for bawbag. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Always interesting to see how clubs do when they get promoted and come up against the more established top flight sides.

Been presently surprised with Saints so far this season and keeping the progress on the pitch here, by picking up a point at least, keeps things ticking along. Really need to be keeping a clean sheet and with the strikers being on form, would fancy us knicking a goal.

Always thing Tannadice is a smaller tighter pitch (stats might prove me wrong), so actually might not suit the way we play the front two, but for me, both have to start and bring Essel in for bawbag. 

bf0d6f_7f79b9bb69484b3b8e326470770912b8~mv2.gif

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Been presently surprised with Saints so far this season and keeping the progress on the pitch here, by picking up a point at least, keeps things ticking along. Really need to be keeping a clean sheet and with the strikers being on form, would fancy us knicking a goal.

You’ve got a player called bawbag? Wowser.