Dundee Utd v St Johnstone FC (KKK)

21 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

The point of having the third CB is for one of them to always act as a defensive midfielder though. You still need to have attacking outlets for this system to work so I think it's a case of the players need to learn how to play the system properly IMO

What is giving you that idea? At no point have I seen any of the CBs moving into midfield.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

@craigkillie

Any idea what sort of suspension Sidibeh will face?

Got a red card after 2 yellows, then a further red for punching a player in the stomach after.

Haven't looked on to see if this has been answered by someone else, but it will be at least a 4 game ban.
Red card for second booking = 1 game
Red card for violent conduct = 2 games
Additional game for 2nd red of season = 1 game

There could be an additional ban added on to the violent conduct one if it is deemed severe enough, but that isn't something I've seen happen.

Two poor teams overall. Utd possibly deserved the win with the second half performance.

Rae was a liability all game. We have to get better in if we want to have a decent season. Even his non-howler games you never feel confident in him. 

Centre mid is such a weakness. Neilson in there was not the answer, and never will be. We need better than hopeful balls down the channels all game. Smith not good enough either for me. 

There’s potentially a capable team, with the right additions. But as many have said already, Levein’s reluctance to change things cost us.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Just watched the highlights,Perth should've destroyed this mob 1`st half, the spawney good luck won't last forever Birdseye.

Thank you.

Ragin’

Like all newly promoted teams, we just have to avoid bottom two places to consider it a successful season. 

The team across the road have to do better than last season to show improvement.  Whether that is 5th/higher or scraping top 6 and actually winning a game post split, it remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

What is giving you that idea? At no point have I seen any of the CBs moving into midfield.

Just meaning in a traditional back four at this level anyway, you'll have the two CB's that will stay central and that is it.

Having the third CB in there allows another body whoever is closest to the ball to press an opposing attacker mainly in the wider areas of the pitch (either the LCB/RCB) so you've got an extra body in the midfield area essentially covering the gaps. 

14 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Actually thought he (Don Robertson) had quite a good game, for once. 

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Some day out you get in Dundee, though. 

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

You got zero points.  HTH.  :)

We were poor, but to be fair I thought United mostly were as well.

It was a reversal of the norm whenever the two teams have played over the last few years; this time we had a comedy keeper and utd’s looked competent. Felt that was the main difference.

10 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Just watched the highlights,Perth should've destroyed this mob 1`st half, the spawney good luck won't last forever Birdseye.

Thank you.

That's a poor attempt at fishing, even by your low standards.

It was literally a game of two chances.

Both sides only real opportunity was a tap in with a keeper stranded. United scored we didn't.

League wide record of wins after scoring first always points at whoever getting the goal going on to get at least a point, so the Raymond miss a costly one.

Both teams pretty evenly poor in first half for me, with auto being better in the 2nd. A competent keeper and defence in front of them doesn't concede either goal there. Had it been a draw, it would have been decent for saints and Utd coming away thinking they should have won. The Utd defence doesn't look that great though.

You can see flashes in Saints of what could be, should we bring in 2/3 first team players. Levein showing again that he is too slow to make the changes.

Shed is pretty rubbish for watching games in and that attendance surely cannot be right. George Fox and utd stand behind goal was full and shed nearly, so where was the nearly 7k empty seats? 🤔

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

Both teams pretty evenly poor in first half for me, with auto being better in the 2nd. A competent keeper and defence in front of them doesn't concede either goal there. Had it been a draw, it would have been decent for saints and Utd coming away thinking they should have won. The Utd defence doesn't look that great though.

You can see flashes in Saints of what could be, should we bring in 2/3 first team players. Levein showing again that he is too slow to make the changes.

Shed is pretty rubbish for watching games in and that attendance surely cannot be right. George Fox and utd stand behind goal was full and shed nearly, so where was the nearly 7k empty seats? 🤔

United released the attendance later as 9600. Think someone didn't have their glasses on at the game!

13 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

The point of having the third CB is for one of them to always act as a defensive midfielder though. You still need to have attacking outlets for this system to work so I think it's a case of the players need to learn how to play the system properly IMO

Surely the three in the middle has to be Doc, Sibbald and Babunski.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

We were poor, but to be fair I thought United mostly were as well.

It was a reversal of the norm whenever the two teams have played over the last few years; this time we had a comedy keeper and utd’s looked competent. Felt that was the main difference.

There’s no way your keeper was as bad as Birrighiti. He managed to relegate us on his own.

15 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

"You're so obsessed, you're becoming a bore" - or in your case, tedious as phuck.