Is Jim Spence okay?

This has all the hallmarks of a pre-season thread when we’re all desperate for the fitba to start again.

Not sure what it says about the calibre of the Premiership this season that it seems to be attracting more interest than the games.  :(

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This has all the hallmarks of a pre-season thread when we’re all desperate for the fitba to start again.

Not sure what it says about the calibre of the Premiership this season that it seems to be attracting more interest than the games.  :(

It says that the Scottish Premiership is turgid pointless garbage but then we all knew that, didn't we ?

Its both sad and disturbing watching Spence tweets become increasingly right wing and reactionary. He seems captured in the whole social media alt right bro nonsense under Musk.  Wings is another one who was always a bit unhinged but now an unhinged reactionary who has brought MAGA politics to Scotland. They both interact with each other quite a lot.  

I used to think he was one of the good guys when he refused to toe the party line when it came to the bigot brothers, especially Rangers when they were liquidated, but his views on Twitter have been increasingly right wing garbage, and I actually question the mans sanity these days, he's a very bitter wee man against anything Scottish government related and he won't accept any sort of debate these days because his word is final and he won't hear anyone else's side of things, I ended up blocking the gimp! 

8 minutes ago, Galajambo said:

I used to think he was one of the good guys when he refused to toe the party line when it came to the bigot brothers, especially Rangers when they were liquidated, but his views on Twitter have been increasingly right wing garbage, and I actually question the mans sanity these days, he's a very bitter wee man against anything Scottish government related and he won't accept any sort of debate these days because his word is final and he won't hear anyone else's side of things, I ended up blocking the gimp! 

This is pretty much spot on.

2 hours ago, Galajambo said:

Hahaha, he won’t accept any sort of debate so I ended up blocking the gimp.

Hmmmmmm.

3 minutes ago, jonty said:

Hahaha, he won’t accept any sort of debate so I ended up blocking the gimp.

Hmmmmmm.

Haha, yes it does sound a bit hypocritical, but there was no reasoning with him at all and I ended up just fed up of the little runt and blocked him, I tried though. 

20 hours ago, strichener said:

Well googled, however on what basis should social services be involved? 

This should have been as simple as a call asking the parent and then the report being filed directly in the bin.

If I found myself in a similar situation then I would be furious that decisions that I make as a responsible parent are second guessed by a completely random member of the public.

I also never said it shouldn't have been investigated.  However once it was established that there was nothing to the report, there can be no justification for maintaining a file.  The states involvement here is a gross overreach.

Speaking purely for myself as a parent I wouldn’t be too bothered by a phone call about this nor would I care if they had a file open for me or not.

Of course everyone has a different opinion which makes the job of a social worker (or anyone who needs to follow any rules as part of their job) quite difficult.

5 hours ago, arabdelic said:

Its both sad and disturbing watching Spence tweets become increasingly right wing and reactionary. He seems captured in the whole social media alt right bro nonsense under Musk.  Wings is another one who was always a bit unhinged but now an unhinged reactionary who has brought MAGA politics to Scotland. They both interact with each other quite a lot.  

He’s far, far from alone in that.  Grifting for the reactionary right whilst pretending to be anti establishment is, seemingly, much more financially beneficial.   It’s easier to accept when you start with the assumption that none of these eegits believe a single word they say.  Richard Dawkins included, by the way.  

He was always reactionary and bitter, it was just easier for folk to ignore it when they agreed with him on the topics he was being reactionary and bitter about, back in that 2012-2014 era around the Rangers situation and the independence referendum.

On 25/08/2024 at 08:37, Watson Nimrod said:

Like many I used to fair enjoy him on the radio, particularly around the time of the Rangers implosion when he often hosted the Radio Scotland podcast. 

He was back to himself for a while on the now defunct Courier talking football podcast (why they got rid of that format is beyond me but that’s a different subject) but at times you felt the collective discomfort when he briefly would go off on a tangent. 

Sad to witness someone who was respected loose himself down a rabbit hole. 

Probably the best thing to do if you end up down one.

6 hours ago, Galajambo said:

Is it any wonder? A total dishonest SNP disaster for the past decade and a half, they're bankrupt and under police investigation.

8 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Speaking purely for myself as a parent I wouldn’t be too bothered by a phone call about this nor would I care if they had a file open for me or not.

Of course everyone has a different opinion which makes the job of a social worker (or anyone who needs to follow any rules as part of their job) quite difficult.

Speaking as a parent you wouldn’t be too worried about a phone call from social services? Really?

I’d be concerned they were wasting their time and my money on stuff that is none of their business.