Morton Minnows v Flying Falkirk

Good to see Falkirk fans haven't changed a bit.

On the game, we've had more reasons for optimism than first thought before the league got underway but it's still hard to see us winning games until we sort out the centre forwards. It's encouraging that we've got some flexibility with the midfield shape, with Lyall and especially Moffat impressing despite their roles changing a bit with the shape week to week while Garrity and Crawford have both been fine, so it feels like a first choice centre forward is the final piece of the jigsaw but until a new signing comes it's hard to say what to do.

As with Livingston, Falkirk have quality in midfield and therefore it would be a risk to go back to a 4-1-3-2 that may leave Wilson with too much ground to cover: we had a similar worry at Firhill and he absolutely bodied their midfield that day being the best player on the park by a mile, but at some point leaving him isolated as a defensive midfielder will backfire if we do it every week. So ideally you'd match up Falkirk with something closer to a 4-2-3-1, but we saw enough on Saturday to show that JET cannot remotely play as a lone striker - we were actually worse defensively for the extra body in midfield because the pressing from the front was non-existent without Garrity up there to do the running of two centre fowards by himself and their defence could step out with the ball under no pressure to stretch the midfield, as they did for their goal.

Barring a signing later this week who goes straight into the team, you're going into Saturday with one obvious flaw in the starting XI that the opposition can target either way.

12 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We'll also have the option of part of the main stand instead: if you prefer your surroundings to have seats and a roof, but no leg room and a restricted view 

This.

The last time we went through to Morton for a league game we didn't want to sit in the rain behind the goals so thought we'd pay for tickets in the main stand. We couldn't see well for pillars (and roof) in front of us and I had to sit uncomfortably sideways through the game as my legs wouldn't fit between the rows. That added to being goaded by really drunk "fans" in their shirt and tie hospitality next to us made it a truly underwhelming experience (and one I won't be repeating). 

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

48 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

This.

The last time we went through to Morton for a league game we didn't want to sit in the rain behind the goals so thought we'd pay for tickets in the main stand. We couldn't see well for pillars in front of us and I had to sit uncomfortably sideways through the game as my legs wouldn't fit between the rows. That added to being goaded by really drunk "fans" in their shirt and tie hospitality next to us made it a truly underwhelming experience (and one I won't be repeating). 

It really is one of the worst grounds in the country.  Decent pitch and that’s about it.  Stuck in the 19th century

13 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Forgot how dull Falkirk fans are.

6 pages of the worst patter in the championship.

Bring back crowdwanking

Yes.…..   and no.

4 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

It really is one of the worst grounds in the country.  Decent pitch and that’s about it.  Stuck in the 19th century

I'm sure that a few Morton fans said that this has deteriorated a bit now too.

7 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Oft you should sit in the Dundee main stand makes cappielow 10/10 

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm sure that a few Morton fans said that this has deteriorated a bit now too.

Seems to have picked back up not sure it’s of the standard it used to be but hopefully getting there, looks in good nick atm 

Feel like we’re still in a trial and error phase of our new tactics and team shape, with some work still to do to make us more effective out of possession. At least we’ve competed well and are continuing to pick up points while figuring it out.

Would’ve been happier if Falkirk had lost a game or two to end their run prior to this one. Their momentum and familiarity are two factors we just don’t have. 

A team who only draws vs a team who doesn’t lose? 1-1.