Morton Minnows v Flying Falkirk

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Take more fans and you won't be there 😶😶

Old days of Morton pre they Clydebanked the terrace was great.

5-0 Falkirk prediction 👌

Surprised we didn’t take more of a crowd that day sort of big game in the grand scheme of things that season, but when you let a 1-3 lead slip back to 3-3 in the 94th minute then I wish I didn’t go 

7 hours ago, ffcowboy said:

Morton fans, I'd like to pass on my condolences to the passing of Martin Doak, one of your great servants - RIP, gone too soon 😢 

Only 60. Sad news, indeed. I remember him playing for Falkirk as well, but couldn't have told you that he was only on loan and only played seven games. I thought it was much more than that, so he clearly made quite an impact in a short time. I remember him as a goalscoring midfielder, in the Neil Duffy mould, and the tribute on the Morton website suggests the same.  RIP.

First of five successive away fixtures for us today, so it was a fairly easy decision to give it a miss, although the group of us who go to games together decided pre-season that we probably wouldn't go to Cappielow because it's such a shithole, for reasons others have mentioned.

I remember going there on the first day of the season many years ago and you could smell the toilet near the turnstiles as you passed it on the way up to our half of the covered terracing. Last time I was there I was stuck in the cramped main stand with a shit view.

That said, the weather forecast is for a cracking day and I hope the Bairns packed behind the goal enjoy seeing us pick up another win (a team who, barring one defeat when we hit the woodwork three times, always seem to find a way to win against a team who can't score) - and guard against sunburn.

Seriously, I used to say there was only one time when I had gone to Cappielow that it wasn't raining - and that's the time that it was snowing. And that was true.

But I saw, literally, the other side of Greenock a few years back after my son broke his leg and we had to cancel our summer holiday. We ended up just having days out around Scotland and one of them was to go to Greenock to see the Red Arrows, who were performing at the Tall Ships. It was a glorious, sunny day and I ended up with sunburn. In Greenock, FFS 🤣

Until that point, I didn't even know Greenock had a promenade. It was packed that day so you couldn't really 'see' it but we've stopped there for a walk (and an ice-cream, obviously) a few times since and I have to say I do like it there. 

Cappielow, though, not so much. With the weather and the way Falkirk are playing, I am still tempted, but it's working in the garden for me until 3pm, then a seat - and a beer - in the sunshine in time for the game.

41 minutes ago, 10MinuteFitba said:

Taking in this one today.  Looking forward to it.  Don't want to jinx it, but I was at Falkirk's last defeat - the League Cup tie at Ayr at the start of the season 😬

Would you mind staying at home today? Thanks……

46 minutes ago, 10MinuteFitba said:

Taking in this one today.  Looking forward to it.  Don't want to jinx it, but I was at Falkirk's last defeat - the League Cup tie at Ayr at the start of the season 😬

I just met your mum at the Coop and she said you're not allowed to go to the football today as you never tidied your room. Sorry about that.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I just met your mum at the Coop and she said you're not allowed to go to the football today as you never tidied your room. Sorry about that.

That’s not the sort of yer maw joke I expected on this thread!

On 29/08/2024 at 02:36, LauriestonBairn said:

Heading along to this. 

Do I need inoculations? 

On 29/08/2024 at 19:24, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳 Dunno.

What’s actually wrong with you??

Mysophobia.