Celtic v Rangers: Sun 1st Sep, 12:30

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

I disagree. I’ve came across this before and there is no provision in the laws that give a booking for unsporting conduct for persistent team foul.

12.28.3 PERSISTENT INFRINGEMENT
Persistent infringement occurs either when a player repeatedly commits fouls or infringements or
participates in a pattern of fouls directed against the same opponent. Persistent infringement also
occurs if a player repeatedly fouls multiple opponents. It is not necessary for the multiple fouls to be
of the same type or all to be direct free kick fouls, but infringements must be among those covered in
Law 12 or involve repeated violations of Law 14. In most cases, the referee should warn the player
that the pattern has been observed and, upon a subsequent violation, must then issue the caution.
Where the referee sees a pattern of fouls directed against a single opponent, it is proper to warn the
team that the pattern has been seen and then to caution the next player who continues the pattern,
even if this specific player may not have previously committed a foul against this single opponent.
 If
the pattern is quickly and blatantly established, then the warning should be omitted and the referee
should take immediate action. In determining whether there is persistent infringement, all fouls are
considered, including those to which advantage has been applied

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Butland always seems to struggle with anything low along the ground. That was a good strike from Kyogo but it’s not right into the corner and the keeper should at least get closer to it.

Low and left is his biggest issue, from memory, that goal there, Idah at Ibrox in 3-3 game and O’Riley at Parkhead in the John Lundstram game. 

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

A player can only be cautioned if they commit persistent fouls, not a team.

Your team may be getting hammered, but at least you personally have learned something new today 👍

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I can't fathom St. Mirren's midfield giving Celtic players 15-20 yards of clean air to run forward into. 

Rangers doing it time and time again and looking genuinely terrified is quite a sight to behold.

St Mirren were clearly well drilled. Rangers have given up like your average Sunday league team at 2-0 down

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I can't fathom St. Mirren's midfield giving Celtic players 15-20 yards of clean air to run forward into. 

Rangers doing it time and time again and looking genuinely terrified is quite a sight to behold.

I don't think we were this bad or wide open. 

This game continues like this, it ends up whatever score Celtic want. 

I rate Barron as a player and he is really good in possession, always looking to receive the ball and comfortable taking it on with a nice range of passing, but my word he is getting absolutely destroyed out of possession here. 

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

12.28.3 PERSISTENT INFRINGEMENT
Persistent infringement occurs either when a player repeatedly commits fouls or infringements or
participates in a pattern of fouls directed against the same opponent. Persistent infringement also
occurs if a player repeatedly fouls multiple opponents. It is not necessary for the multiple fouls to be
of the same type or all to be direct free kick fouls, but infringements must be among those covered in
Law 12 or involve repeated violations of Law 14. In most cases, the referee should warn the player
that the pattern has been observed and, upon a subsequent violation, must then issue the caution.
Where the referee sees a pattern of fouls directed against a single opponent, it is proper to warn the
team that the pattern has been seen and then to caution the next player who continues the pattern,
even if this specific player may not have previously committed a foul against this single opponent.
 If
the pattern is quickly and blatantly established, then the warning should be omitted and the referee
should take immediate action. In determining whether there is persistent infringement, all fouls are
considered, including those to which advantage has been applied

So a player needs to commit repeated fouls, or participated in a pattern of fouls against the same player. Neither of these occurred.

It was our third foul and Jefte’s first 😂

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, flyingscot said:

I don't think we were this bad or wide open. 

This game continues like this, it ends up whatever score Celtic want. 

We weren't. That's what I mean, we have a squad with a fraction of the ability and budget of Rangers and we're not f**king daft enough to give Celtic that amount of space. It's unreal.

5 minutes ago, stressball said:

It’s almost like putting all your hopes on an Aberdeen squad player was doomed…

Tbf, he was seen as the next big one. 

He was too small to move up and age so they created a team full of players that wouldn't usually get near the club just to get him a game every weekend.