Celtic v Rangers: Sun 1st Sep, 12:30

3 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Genuinely don’t understand why Clement seems to be getting an easy ride from your fans. You’re going backwards under him.

He isn’t now, to be fair. I said before it would depend on any manner of defeat today.

I think there’s an acceptance that the board have let him down but he has failed to make any progress with this side after long enough. He needs to be more pragmatic in these games.

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

This has been the canter I feared it would be. Absolutely nothing about us.

Was surprised how many Rangers fans on Twitter seemed confident, but it's hard to tell who's actually serious on there.

Your squad is quite clearly miles behind Celtics, someone like Barron seems to be first choice and a key player for you yet for Celtic he's probably played about 100 minutes this season.

1 minute ago, KirkieRR said:

Wellm this one puzzled me:

agree with you. I think since Gerard, we seem to be a team built and set up for Europe. The difference with the players in Europe and domestic games is night and day. The set up by the managers we have had, is play a formation and stick to it, no matter what. There is no heart or desire for domestic games. Too much emphasis on Europe.

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

He isn’t now, to be fair. I said before it would depend on any manner of defeat today.

I think there’s an acceptance that the board have let him down but he has failed to make any progress with this side after long enough. He needs to be more pragmatic in these games.

Can you afford to sack him given his long term contract ?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was surprised how many Rangers fans on Twitter seemed confident, but it's hard to tell who's actually serious on there.

Your squad is quite clearly miles behind Celtics, someone like Barron seems to be first choice and a key player for you yet for Celtic he's probably played about 100 minutes this season.

Probably a lot of posturing, but an objective-ish kind of look at both sides will tell you we are miles behind.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Can you afford to sack him given his long term contract ?

I don’t think we should be sacking him personally, but he has failed in most big tests so far. The problem he has is we’ve been through a summer of downsizing so there is no real opportunity for him to improve it in terms of transfers.

Someone mentioned Gerrard before, and as much as some don’t rate him on here, he had a very good record in these matches despite also possessing an inferior squad.

We are essentially looking at a 12 point head start for Celtic at the moment as we can’t win these matches.

7 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Genuinely don’t understand why Clement seems to be getting an easy ride from your fans. You’re going backwards under him.

I think Rangers fans have accepted that Clement is still trying to get over the emotional trauma he suffered from the state of the pitch at Dens last season. 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t think we should be sacking him personally, but he has failed in most big tests so far. The problem he has is we’ve been through a summer of downsizing so there is no real opportunity for him to improve it in terms of transfers.

Someone mentioned Gerrard before, and as much as some don’t rate him on here, he had a very good record in these matches despite also possessing an inferior squad.

We are essentially looking at a 12 point head start for Celtic at the moment as we can’t win these matches.

You could be going to Tannadice behind United and 8 behind both Celtic and Aberdeen.

Do you think Aberdeen could get 2nd this season ?

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You could be going to Tannadice behind United and 8 behind both Celtic and Aberdeen.

Do you think Aberdeen could get 2nd this season ?

I don't think you need to see too much more of Rangers to answer that. They're shite. You need to know what Aberdeen are about and whether they can sustain a challenge. They can take points directly off the blue bigots. It's about whether they can avoid stupid defeats that we always see from whoever is third place elect. 

It appears the gap I'm quality is small enough to be bridged this season. So let's hope eh. 

19 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

I can remember fans of the old Rangers had a flag out the season that Hearts finished above them - something like "Second place is not good enough, but it is a must".

Might want to dig that one out again.

Kris Boyd still has it

Easy work in the end, so much so we were able to give Engels and McCowan a run out  and both look comfortable.

McGregor again just a level above anyone, not a single one of that Rangers team would make our bench just now.

@AJF Your boy Butland eh? 😂

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't think you need to see too much more of Rangers to answer that. They're shite. You need to know what Aberdeen are about and whether they can sustain a challenge. They can take points directly off the blue bigots. It's about whether they can avoid stupid defeats that we always see from whoever is third place elect. 

It appears the gap I'm quality is small enough to be bridged this season. So let's hope eh. 

I don’t think it’s just the ability from Aberdeen though - they showed yesterday real desire and that’s as important if not more important as you and I well know from watching the current Falkirk side.

I think Aberdeen are well placed to get 2nd tbh - especially if Rangers persist with Clement.

I also would not be surprised if Celtic won all 38 league games.