Todays scores 31/8

Thought I''d pop down and take in the Pollok, Darvel Scottish cup tie and thought it would be close game due to being a cup tie but, yeha I did expect Pollok to win

and in realty, came away from Pollok's game in disbelief

Wtf, They seemed not interested, no width and could not and did not see any inspiration coming from the management team   😶
Well done to Darvel

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Thought I''d pop down and take in the Pollok, Darvel Scottish cup tie and thought it would be close game due to being a cup tie but, yeha I did expect Pollok to win

Wtf, They seemed not interested, no width and could not and did not see any inspiration coming from the management team   😶
Well done to Darvel

Very honest assessment. Fans Forum also unhappy with signings, tactics and lack of motivation from the dugout. 

17 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Well done to Darvel

Can't argue with that assessment of Pollok we looked like we had no idea what we were doing today total shambles.  

Johnstone Burgh 2 St Cadocs 1

Nice opener from Kyle Lafferty after a rare start,  the Burgh really should have added a second before St Cadocs levelled after creating a couple of half chances. 

Both teams cancelled each other out for the most part in the second half but the Burgh did have most of the possession with Max Kerr and Cian Kilday causing some problems for ST Cadocs don the left. 

Eventually Cammy Eadie scored from a corner.  St Cadocs didn't really look like levelling the score, but did hit the bar from outside the box with an excellent effort. 

A narrow but deserved win for the Burgh.

Keeps the Burgh "up there" with a chance of finishing second behind the Bankies!

27 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Well done to Darvel

We were rank rotten.

Clueless gutless and no tactics.Could have played all day and never looked likely.

Darvel tied things up first half.

Total mess at Lok.

Creetown 1-3 Cumnock 

1-0 at half time then 7 mins into 2nd straight red to Ferry right back, booking would have sufficed.

Cumnock scored 2 late goals the 3rd from a pen and another red card to home team.

Cumnock very poor; no creativity, no skill, no guile.

MOTM for Nock was the referee, shocking display.

Result of the day

Glenaftton 2-4 Threave

17 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Creetown 1-3 Cumnock 

1-0 at half time then 7 mins into 2nd straight red to Ferry right back, booking would have sufficed.

Cumnock scored 2 late goals the 3rd from a pen and another red card to home team.

Result of the day

Glenaftton 2-4 Threave

Result of the day

Benburb 0 Vale of Leithen 3 

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Well done to Darvel

Big crowd at Newlandsfield though.

Official attendance was 956

Inverkeithing Hillhead Swifts 0 Beith Juniors 4 Carlo Monti (2) Fraser Malcolm & Jordan Stuart with the Beith goals.  Beith were comfortable even though it was a bit of a slog until the first goal went in but after that cruise control for Beith. Have to comment on the referee, He was excellent today and certainly the best we have seen this season. 

Pics from the game bey clicking the link below.  

Inverkeithing Hillhead Swifts v Beith Juniors

Super injury time comeback today for Meadow. We really needed that and thought the game was fizzling out at 2-1 down on 90 minutes but the players dug in and showed great spirit to win 3-2. Lot of time wasting from Preston in second half once they scored which every right to do so a bit fitting we scored two in injury time. We need to use that to kick start our season and hoping for kind home draw please next.

3 hours ago, archieb said:

Big crowd at Newlandsfield though.

Official attendance was 956

Aside from the obvious, another big disappointment for me is that we've had crowds of close to 1000 in each of the last two home games and turned in poor to dreadful performances in both. A lot of talking points but not a lot of good football to entertain the casual fans. 

We really were dreadful today. First half in particular was completely unacceptable. 

6 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Creetown 1-3 Cumnock 

Result of the day

Glenaftton 2-4 Threave

Yes we should hang our heads in shame 

An embarrassment for the Glens, can't complain, threave played well and were better team

14 hours ago, 93glens17 said:

Yes we should hang our heads in shame 

An embarrassment for the Glens, can't complain, threave played well and were better team

Threave are a possession based team; deny them possession and they do struggle.

Since I started watching them 3 seasons ago, they do like to play out from the back.

Just listened to Stewart Maxwell's post match interview in the wake of the darvel defeat,  fair play the guy doesn't hide but is he totally incapable of giving any opponents an ounce of credit?  Not once have I heard him doing so and he really comes across as obnoxious and very blinkered.  Shoogly peg surely.