🔵🟡Scotland v Poland 🔴⚪

13 minutes ago, GordonS said:

How many of the people saying they want Max Johnston over Ralston have seen a minute of him playing for his current club? Or have ever seen him play a full match?

He was at Cove Rangers until 9 months ago. If this were a friendly then sure, but unfortunately for us this is a match with potentially significant bearing on our chances of making the next World Cup.

It's Jordan Rhodes Syndrome. 

Yes, better to go for a proven failure than a potential one.

4 minutes ago, Clubberlang said:

If we’re winning 1 nil with ten to go we won’t see any of them

If we’re winning 1-0 with 10 minutes to go then at that point Clarke will have been proven right………

………but don’t worry, with that side we won’t be winning 1-0 with 10 minutes to go. 

I've said before that it's impossible to pick an inspiring 11 from that squad. I don't mind using Doak as an impact sub at this point, but Hanley and McLean are depressing selections, as is Dykes who was appalling against the Failed Statelet.

6 minutes ago, Clubberlang said:

If we’re winning 1 nil with ten to go we won’t see any of them

I'll be honest, us winning with ten minutes to go hadn't occurred to me as a possibility.

It'll probably be 5 at the back with McTominay in there, we'll narrowly lose, and the narrative will be it was just unlucky and signs are positive, before Portugal maul us.

I was thinking Clarke should walk after his car crash interview from the Hungary game but some folk on here are so bitter that they will be raging if he gets an unlikely result tonight. Some absolutely wild shouts like saying Doak should be starting when I'm not even sure he's played a game this year and has next to no senior experience to fall back on if he's not match fit. Strange people.

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I was thinking Clarke should walk after his car crash interview from the Hungary game but some folk on here are so bitter that they will be raging if he gets an unlikely result tonight. Some absolutely wild shouts like saying Doak should be starting when I'm not even sure he's played a game this year and has next to no senior experience to fall back on if he's not match fit. Strange people.

There’s a middle ground between starting Doak and playing the same setup that’s been shite for nearly a year.

It all feels a bit like the end of Strachans tenure for me but at the end of the day none of us need to be inspired, the 11 guys he's picked do and hopefully they go out tonight and put on a display. We definitely need something to lift the feeling a bit, a performance and win tonight might reassure fans that we're still on the right track. Another tedious display and I don't see a way back for Clarke with the fans.