🔵🟡Scotland v Poland 🔴⚪

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Get Clarke to f**k now. Whoever comes in uses the rest of NL to prepare for WCQ

"Whoever comes in" - who is that?

Not denying we've had a terrible year but I just don't see who comes in and replicates anything close to Clarke's Scotland at their best. 

We sack him and it'll be years and years of misery again. 

Just now, Gordopolis said:

Sure, of course. My point was that he didn't just "not hide" after (and before) the pen - he actually was solid defensively and triggered a fair few attacks. 

If a player is fired into the sea every time they give away a pen, we'd have few defenders left pretty soon.

Sure, but there's giving away a penalty and then there's giving away a penalty.

I can't even compute what the fcuk he was attempting to do, it was that stupid.

If we sack Clarke, the powers that be will not entertain anyone that isn't Scottish. Be clear on that. It isn't happening.

Moyes is the only natural candidate. He isn't more negative than Clarke ffs. Moyes managed his whole career, pretty much, in the top flight in the Premier League. He also won a European competition for West Ham recently in 2023. He absolutely would be the prime candidate. 

2 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

Thought the Gilmour sub was absolutely bizarre to be honest.  Didn't mind Morgan coming on (and he showed some decent touches when he did come on) but Gilmour was bossing midfield at times and when he went off we struggled for composure in there.  I don't know whether Clarke doubts that Gilmour can maintain the energy levels for 90 minutes or whatever, but I've noticed any subs he makes at times always involves Gilmour going off.

Other teams will happily carry a guy who is perceived to be unathletic or lethargic if he's absolutely vital to how they play, even if it means you surround him with guys who will do more than their fair share of shitwork to make up for it. We take off the one guy who reliably plays sensible passes and won't give the ball away, presumably because he's perceived to be a bit "wee" and doesn't hare around like a blue-arsed fly. It beggars belief.

I hold back criticism of selecting Ralston. I don't think there is anyone in his position that is anywhere close to the standard required, outwith the 2 injuries.

Picking Hanley and McLean is just ridiculous though, particularly McLean.

We have more than enough central midfielders. Take him off and use one of the more attacking ones.

2 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

This is not normal. We all know what Scottish football is like but our national team is strong evidence of Simulation Theory. It can't be like this as often as it is without some sick, cruel, vengeful entity controlling everything. 

50 years ago my mate said to me after another 'gallant' defeat, 'What did we do in a previous life to deserve this?'  

Well before simulation theory but still rings true.

Just now, DAFC. said:

If we sack Clarke, the powers that be will not entertain anyone that isn't Scottish. Be clear on that. It isn't happening.

Moyes is the only natural candidate. He isn't more negative than Clarke ffs. Moyes managed his whole career, pretty much, in the top flight in the Premier League. He also won a European competition for West Ham recently in 2023. He absolutely would be the prime candidate. 

Moyes is 100% more negative than Clarke.

How does Moyes stop our defenders that are patently not good enough making silly mistakes and costing us goals?

1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

I hold back criticism of selecting Ralston. I don't think there is anyone in his position that is anywhere close to the standard required, outwith the 2 injuries.

Picking Hanley and McLean is just ridiculous though, particularly McLean.

We have more than enough central midfielders. Take him off and use one of the more attacking ones.

Max Johnston is a much better player.

Just now, ArabFC said:

I think it's where we are defensively with the options we have, sadly.  Ralston was actually decent in every other aspect other than the defending (any time he had pressure he looked feart) and I think that's the most annoying thing, at times I think he can be a really good player, but defensively he's never been good enough, hence why he's never considered a regular first choice for Celtic.

I would argue though that from a far more experienced defender, Hanley's was the more criminal error btw.

Just now, DAFC. said:

I don't disagree he's who they would go for. I just think he's the wrong guy. He is a very very defensive manager, ask fans of any club he's managed.

Still at this point I'd take a random off the streets.

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Fair dos it was a bit of an amateurish challenge. But I'd say it was much less f**king mental than Harley's 

3 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

When, if ever have conceded two penalties in the one match?

7th Apr 1960     Scotland 1-1 England     Charlton scored '49, saved '75 but ordered retaken, missed
24th Feb 1982     Spain 3-0 Scotland     Satrustegui saved '26 (rebound was scored by Victor), Quini scored '83

7 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Fair dos it was a bit of an amateurish challenge. But I'd say it was much less f**king mental than Harley's 

Hanley fcuked up, but you could at least see what he was attempting to do - we see that second too slow challenge all the time. There was literally no way Ralston could win the ball sticking his leg in like that. None, zilch, nada. I couldn't even understand how it was a penalty when the ref first blew, because it didn't make any sense that a defender would do that.

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 22.17.32.png

Edited by ArabFC

Well I sold my ticket, couldn’t be f**ked with a 3 an a half hour drive down. I’ve been despondent since walking out at Stuttgart 

Got worse with Clarkes complete abdication of responsibility 

But barring the stupid, needless mistakes tonight was so much better.

Weve just chucked away possibly the easiest 3 points available but I still feel better than I did in June.

Very unlucky tonight 

All the new boys contributed 

Some of the old guard need to be got rid tbh.

Tony Ralston, hats off to him played well which can’t have been easy with the eyes of the country on him

massive respect to him for that tonight Fair play

Maclean thanks but cheerio

Hanley possibly the same

McGinn better than of recent but still not the talisman

Big Scott and Wee Billy with some speed and zap around them Morgan Gauld Doak are the current heartbeat of the team 

Clarke I dunno 

Cant forgive him for June tbh