Portugal v Scotland

JS_FFC

2 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

They’ve just got Matterface doing the half time stuff? Sounds like he isn’t even there either. What is this Eurosport shite

It's Viaplay's stream just commentated on and broadcast by ITV - so they'll have nothing in-ground I'd think.

Look, I'm all in favour of going 1-0 up on Portugal. It's just that I'd rather we did it in the 88th minute rather than the 6th.

That said, the luck is going our way so far tonight. Can't be a bad thing

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

McGinn makes some bizarre decisions when he's on the ball.

I think he's often far too inclined to look for fouls. 

He's good at it, but there are often far better options available to him that he ignores to stick his arse out and wait for contact. Its 50/50 whether refs give them.

I also feel his passing has been quite wayward recently.

I think you can tell the teams confidence has been dented a bit of late. 18 months ago we would have looked nervy or scared whereas I think there is a bit of that on show. Hopefully HT can calm them down. They've earned League A, time to go out there and show they belong. 

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

McGinn makes some bizarre decisions when he's on the ball.

I often think he doesn't make any decision on the ball. It's like he just can't make a decision and defaults to turning his back and shielding it.

We might still end up losing this 4-1, but having panned the decision to keep McLean in when the team was announced, that first half performance wholly justifies it. The defensive work McLean and Christie have done helping Ralston has been fantastic and no one else either beside Gilmour in place of McLean or on the right wing in place of Christie would have replicated that.

It really doesn't feel likely that we'll keep a clean sheet if the game carries on with this amount of pressure, but smash and grabbing a second on the break isn't totally out of the question, especially with how good Dykes has been.

If Martinez has absolutely anything about him Portugal will step it up considerably next half.

We've rode our luck a bit but they've been complete pish by and large.

For all Portugal dominance on the ball, off the ball they look pretty exposed when we win the ball back in midfield, could really do with making more of the times we do manage to get forward though as no doubt we will concede a couple the way this game is going