Ingrained in your head.

13 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Nuts, bolts, screws........"Righty tighty"

Reminds me of a wee story that was, I think, in Private Eye's "In The News" yonks ago.

Apparently a guy escaped from a secure unit / psychiatric facility and whilst on the loose, he sexually assaulted a school cleaner.

The newspaper headline read "Nut screws washer and bolts."

Allegedly..........................🤔

7 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Reminds me of a wee story that was, I think, in Private Eye's "In The News" yonks ago.

Apparently a guy escaped from a secure unit / psychiatric facility and whilst on the loose, he sexually assaulted a school cleaner.

The newspaper headline read "Nut screws washer and bolts."

Allegedly..........................🤔

The first time I heard that joke, the tears simply rolled down my bib.

When I was a young kid (early - mid 80's), my Granpa used to watch me a couple of days a week when my mum was at work.  I distinctly remember anytime I'd ask "Where's mummy?", his response was always "She's run off with a <racist word>".

Now whenever my kids ask the same question, this leaps to the front of my mind, like it's trying to get itself said.*

*It has never succeeded. 

On 09/09/2024 at 09:10, Fullerene said:

Remembering someone's birthday when I can't remember their name.

I remember 10th September is someone's birthday who I haven't seen for 40 years and didn't really like much in the first place. 

Edited by tamthebam

I remember a beer advert in the pictures (cue Pearl and Dean music) that took place in a pub. A go-go dance came in and got up on stage, and everyone rushed over to the stage to watch, but one guy stood at the now empty bar and watched the show using the mirrors above the bar that gave a perfect view. I can’t remember if it was McEwan’s or Tennent’s, but was late 70’s or early 80’s and the go-go dancer is certainly ingrained in my memory.

I can still remember the first staff no. I ever had. I was there for five years and left in 1998. I have to check my payslip for my current one where I've worked for the last sixteen years. 

8 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

When I was a young kid (early - mid 80's), my Granpa used to watch me a couple of days a week when my mum was at work.  I distinctly remember anytime I'd ask "Where's mummy?", his response was always "She's run off with a <racist word>".

I got the exact same.

0898 21! 21! 21!

Hard to believe that anyone actually phoned those things, but I guess they must have done. There were so many adverts on for them past 9pm.

Edit: just looked it up, and that's about £1.30 a minute in modern money  :blink:

Edited by BFTD

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

0898 21! 21! 21!

Hard to believe that anyone actually phoned those things, but I guess they must have done. There were so many adverts on for them past 9pm.

Edit: just looked it up, and that's about £1.30 a minute in modern money  :blink:

2 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

118 24 7 give them a call its directory heaven. 

The radio adverts for Maureen 118212 are still kicking about.  I canny believe that in the internet age, people are still phoning a directory enquiry service at a squillion £ per minute to obtain info they could google in 30 seconds.

Yet, there must be a market for it if they can afford radio advertising, and still make a profit above that.