Airdrie Vs Falkirk

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

To be fair that was a half time view, each and every one of our players was dugmeat second half.

You had 10 minutes the whole game from 20-30 minutes. The rest of the time you were hardly out your own half. 

IMG_8116.jpeg

One of the most well deserved wins you will ever see at this level. Falkirk's gear shift in that second half was extremely impressive. 

McCabe is at a major crossroads. His system has been sussed by everyone. High press at goal kicks and it's panic stations. Where Falkirk shone was recycling the ball and winning second balls. McCabe looks like he has no plan B beyond throwing Lewis McGregor on and hoping for the best.

Edited by cb_diamond

Such a game of two half's. Both enjoyable. First was really evenly matched. Almost man for man, tactic for tactic even. Felt Airdrie edged it slightly on the physical side. I only mention that because in the second, and it's a hallmark of this Falkirk team. We fronted up and asked the question if they could go with us the whole way. And they absolutely could not. 

McGlynn utterly figured them out. Caused carnage with the press, started to win our battles physically. Mackie and Miller in particular but Coll and Hendo too dominated their men. 

Before the first goal went in I was thinking about who our best were, and I had settled on Tait or Coll,  but f**king hell, what a goal to settle the debate. Tait was imperious again today. In the first half he was the one who was moving the ball first time to try and beat the man for man type tactics and did so several times. 

That finish though. Just f**king majestic. Tait gets motm for me. 

Coll gets a mention for doing his usual and squeezing right up in possession to keep them penned in. It was all just a lot more fluid and Spencer too had a great second half. 

It's the norm to run out of gushing praise for this team and today no exception. Il mention Ross too. Unlucky to be dropped and had a really positive impact then he came on. Basically responsible for the second goal. 

Great atuff and Airdrie very lucky not to have been hit for 3 or 4+. Many last ditch blocks and saves. 

Second half is one of the best half's we've had under McGlynn. Wonderful. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

He got all the cards right IMO. But should have booked their keeper which btw.... Why was he timewasting? Very weird. 

But yeah he made some totally bizarre calls

Frizell should have also been booked for kicking the ball away. Was surprised the ref spoke to him as the rules are a yellow for it

Fair play to Falkirk, completely bossed us, 2nd to every ball and it was 2-0 going on 10/11. 

2nd half was completely one sided, probably the best I've seen an opposition play against us since Hearts in the Scottish Cup last season, very impressed with the way you pressed us all game.

As for ourselves that was absolutely dreadful, probably the worst game I've seen from us since McCabe has been manager, teams have sussed us out far too easy and we have no plan b whatsoever.

First time I've had concerns about how McCabe will be able to turn this around.

25 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Fair play to Falkirk, completely bossed us, 2nd to every ball and it was 2-0 going on 10/11. 

2nd half was completely one sided, probably the best I've seen an opposition play against us since Hearts in the Scottish Cup last season, very impressed with the way you pressed us all game.

As for ourselves that was absolutely dreadful, probably the worst game I've seen from us since McCabe has been manager, teams have sussed us out far too easy and we have no plan b whatsoever.

First time I've had concerns about how McCabe will be able to turn this around.

Respect 👍

Fair play to Falkirk, as others have said that’s one of the best performances I’ve seen from a team in the same league at Airdrie for a long time. The first half was largely even until McGlynn figured things out half an hour in and Falkirk dominated from there. After what seemed like loads of missed chances and the 63rd corner I did wonder if maybe this would somehow be our day, only for Tait to produce that strike.

I’ve moaned about Airdrie enough on our thread so won’t repeat myself too much. Falkirk were always going to be fine this season but I was a bit unsure if they’d be able to challenge for the title when injuries kicked in, but if you’re winning five games without a starting defender and attacker and playing like that then it’s hard to argue against them. 

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

@Bainsfordbairnwhen can we expect our now almost weekly photo of Dylan Tait getting it right up a set of opposing fans? 

I mean he really did today. I was worried for a minute he was going to be sent off as he’d already been booked. What a brilliant wee shite stirrer he is.