Rock Bottom Pars v Not Much Better Rovers Friday 13th clash

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

A lot of their key players are either not fit or injured. There doesn't seem to be a new manager "bounce" and he seems like a bit of a clown this guy they've appointed (we know that feeling well) If we lose here, McPake can honestly get f*cked. 

Interested to see where this opinion has come from, i'd guess its either from ignorance, idiocy or dropped on the head as a child.

7 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I think this'll be a fairly tense game without much good football being played. Rovers to take a 1 nil lead into the break, Pars to equalise in the second half. Game to finish 1-1.

I'll take that right now and we can all move on to the next critical game.👍🥹

Edited by embow
Reduce size of quote

3 hours ago, HoBNob said:

They've lost a challenge Cup game while the new guy has been in charge for a few days, that seems awfully early to suggest they won't have a bounce or that the new guys a clown. 

The bounce lasted 45 minutes. 

Hard game to predict. 

I think our bad start is down to missing key players, not that we're a bad side.

A unit of a centre forward coming in would boost my optimism for this game and the season ahead but that's probably unlikely. 

Would bite your hand off for a flukey 1-0 win.

8 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Just think Pars fans.....  roll over on Friday, we beat you.  McPake is chucked out the door onto Halbeath Road.  You announce Ian Murray as your new manager on Monday.

You're weclome.

Think Murray would actually be a good fit for Dunfermline and would absolutely come back to haunt us. Guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

There's absolutely no way we're winning this.........is there?

My sister's 60th birthday  meal on Friday in the garvock.

Families eh. As I missed the Ayr game due to being down south, never went to methil, so my absence from pars games has seen a draw and a win.

Hopefully this trend continues or is the next result in the sequence a loss.lol

Coyp

1 hour ago, timbermill tactician said:

My sister's 60th birthday  meal on Friday in the garvock.

Families eh. As I missed the Ayr game due to being down south, never went to methil, so my absence from pars games has seen a draw and a win.

Hopefully this trend continues or is the next result in the sequence a loss.lol

Coyp

I missed a Pars Vs Raith game last season as I had a wedding at the Garvock, was planning on sneaking off to watch between ceremony and the meal but I'm bloody glad I didn't.

3 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Just think Pars fans.....  roll over on Friday, we beat you.  McPake is chucked out the door onto Halbeath Road.  You announce Ian Murray as your new manager on Monday.

You're weclome.

My worst case scenario for the club at the moment is McPake continuing to do just enough to leave doubt in the mind of the board or any new owner, and we continue to limp, sometimes literally, through the season. McPake needs to get really good, really quickly, or we need to shit the bed and force a decision. A drab draw or a fluky win (which would be welcome relief) isn't what we need. I'd obviously take any points in the short term but longer term, we need more dramatic changes in performance or coaching.

But yes, I wouldn't object to Murray if it happens, although I do hope we throw the net far and wide if/when the managers job becomes free. I'm not convinced he's as good as some of the fever pitch hype last season when he was being touted for Hibs, but I do think his players play for him and he clearly wouldn't be lacking in motivation to make an example of the idiocy at Rovers at start of season.

I don't think Raith have too much to worry about. I think once they have all their main players back they'll be quite comfortable in the top 4. The biggest issue for them is if the new manager turns out to be a dud.

I'm more worried we've not got enough. Our injury list is quite healthy compared to yours, minus Matty Todd who is due back into contact training in the next fortnight. I'm sure we'll use the loan market for 2/3 players before the end of the month, however the performances haven't been great with an almost fully fit squad. Also, most think our manager is a dud.

On the subject of Ian Murray, if McPake was to go then I would not be unhappy with his appointment as I think he's probably a better manager than James McPake. That being said, I think the setup at Starks was more beneficial to him as opposed to our setup. Potter who knows Scottish football and the division, compared to Meggle who does not and was rarely in the country. Barrowman who also knows Scottish football and the division, compared to Cook who does not. However, I think the outcome of last season's matches was more to do with squad quality as opposed to who was in the dugout. 

7 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I don't think Raith have too much to worry about. I think once they have all their main players back they'll be quite comfortable in the top 4. The biggest issue for them is if the new manager turns out to be a dud.

I'm more worried we've not got enough. Our injury list is quite healthy compared to yours, minus Matty Todd who is due back into contact training in the next fortnight. I'm sure we'll use the loan market for 2/3 players before the end of the month, however the performances haven't been great with an almost fully fit squad. Also, most think our manager is a dud.

On the subject of Ian Murray, if McPake was to go then I would not be unhappy with his appointment as I think he's probably a better manager than James McPake. That being said, I think the setup at Starks was more beneficial to him as opposed to our setup. Potter who knows Scottish football and the division, compared to Meggle who does not and was rarely in the country. Barrowman who also knows Scottish football and the division, compared to Cook who does not. However, I think the outcome of last season's matches was more to do with squad quality as opposed to who was in the dugout. 

It's worth mentioning that in Murray's first season we were feeling the effect of McGlynn's multi year legacy deals for a lot of players. Murray really didn't set the heather alight in that time. 

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It's worth mentioning that in Murray's first season we were feeling the effect of McGlynn's multi year legacy deals for a lot of players. Murray really didn't set the heather alight in that time. 

Weren’t McGlynn’s multi year deals only for Gullan and Ross? I think the current manager will struggle with Potter’s multi year deals more than Murray should have with Mcgylnn’s.