Rock Bottom Pars v Not Much Better Rovers Friday 13th clash

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Is there anything that gets anywhere close to the hardie free kick? It's a cracker of a goal in its own right but for what it meant it's going to trump everything else.  No need to post it, we all know how this it looks

But for a few inches, the best derby goal issue would have been settled with the Kirk volleyed effort off the bar from a lovely flowing move. Would have been a sensational goal.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Is there anything that gets anywhere close to the hardie free kick? It's a cracker of a goal in its own right but for what it meant it's going to trump everything else.  No need to post it, we all know how this it looks

Aye, for the whole package Hardies comes out on top. 

I think Fraser Murray scored a good free kick against Raith when he got a hat trick? Was during the covid season. 

12 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I said at the time if McGurn was in goals he would have saved it. Instead we had the bombscare that was Andrew McNeil who I never really had any confidence in.

If we’d kept David McGurn in goals instead of Andy McNeil we’d probably have went to East End Park top of the table rather than second. Absolutely inexplicable to bin one of the best goalkeepers I’ve seen in a Rovers jersey for someone who was complete tripe. 

Did enjoy arguing with a Rovers fan in the pub after the game who said McGurn had been brought on at half time for McNeil and it was him who conceded the two goals. He refused to believe that McNeil had just changed his top during the interval. 
Edited by McGuigan1978

30 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

If we’d kept David McGurn in goals instead of Andy McNeil we’d probably have went to East End Park top of the table rather than second. Absolutely inexplicable to bin one of the best goalkeepers I’ve seen in a Rovers jersey for someone who was complete tripe. 

Did enjoy arguing with a Rovers fan in the pub after the game who said McGurn had been brought on at half time for McNeil and it was him who conceded the two goals. He refused to believe that McNeil had just changed his top during the interval. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I’m sure Mcgurn had made a number of errors leading up to him being dropped tho.

Im sure it was about ten mins in, there was a long ball over the top that McNeil left that ended up hitting the crossbar… you could tell then it was going to end in disaster!

Got absolutely no idea what to feel about this one. Still a bit worried about our goal threat, and not really sure what to expect at all from Raith. Rough start for them but as has been said many times in the thread already, they've got the players to be right up there.

Absolutely desperate to get that record in the bin though. Embarrassing set of results for us against you lot last season, and if we're anything other than right up for it from the first whistle then I'm gonna be seething.

Wouldn't be surprised to see McPake emptied if we win this. Equally, if we lose, there's going to be a lot of pressure on the team to turn things around. 

No idea what to expect here, really. Freeman and Stanton should be fit to start, not sure about Vaughan. For me: 

Dabrowski

Freeman - Hanlon - Dick - Stevenson

Byrne

Mullin - Stanton - Easton

Smith - Vaughan (if fit)

Edited by Michael W

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

For me: 

Dabrowski

Byrne

Smith - Vaughan (if fit)

That's still a really strong starting XI at this level and man for man better than what we have I'd say. I think we'll be similar, the only questions are about left back - is Ngwenya fit or does Otoo play there - and if we continue with a back four do we keep faith in Fogarty and Young while Benedictus, Fisher and Breen could be available (I would, but Bene is the captain and generally starts when fit). 

20 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see McPake emptied if we win this. Equally, if we lose, there's going to be a lot of pressure on the team to turn things around. 

No idea what to expect here, really. Freeman and Stanton should be fit to start, not sure about Vaughan. For me: 

Dabrowski

Byrne

Smith - Vaughan (if fit)

Not a chance Matthews should be dropped. 

I think we'll probably be 4-5-1. 

Dabrowski, Freeman, Hanlon, Dick, Stevenson, Byrne, Matthews, Stanton, Easton, Gibson, Smith.

7 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Not a chance Matthews should be dropped. 

I think we'll probably be 4-5-1. 

Dabrowski, Freeman, Hanlon, Dick, Stevenson, Byrne, Matthews, Stanton, Easton, Gibson, Smith.

I am fine with that as long as he's going into midfield. 

But personally I'd stick with two up front - Smith is lost as a lone striker. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I am fine with that as long as he's going into midfield. 

But personally I'd stick with two up front - Smith is lost as a lone striker. 

I can see why, but that leaves us with little midfield cover and we're not the most energetic/mobile in that area right now without Brown. 

Get Easton and Gibson up with Smith when we attack and Stanton and Stevenson running from deeper, we could be OK

16 hours ago, North West said:

Main Shed, not Stand.

More like some ill fitting shitty corner unit you would get from from MFI or similar crappy furniture shop. The whole place is like a badly put together  identifit off crimewatch..... 

46 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I’d imagine the Dunfermline owners can’t really be bothered with changing the manager given they’re wanting away and their dislike of the fans. Equally the club is going to look even less attractive a proposition to any buyers in League One, so if McPake looks like actually taking them down I’m sure he’ll get the bullet.

45 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That's still a really strong starting XI at this level and man for man better than what we have I'd say. I think we'll be similar, the only questions are about left back - is Ngwenya fit or does Otoo play there - and if we continue with a back four do we keep faith in Fogarty and Young while Benedictus, Fisher and Breen could be available (I would, but Bene is the captain and generally starts when fit). 

Bene’s not available, so I reckon we’ll stick with Young and Fogarty. Both have earned their spot, ahead of the others who have been poor so far. Ngwenya is a doubt, so I fully expect Otoo at LB.

22 hours ago, Enigma said:

Much as I don’t want to piss on our own chips I think the Main Stand Archibald Leitch claim is a long perpetuated myth/legend, at least it is according to John Greer. It was designed by somebody else.

Google it and its in the stands designed by Archibald leitch

1 hour ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Google it and its in the stands designed by Archibald leitch

Google it and you get a lot of things, both factual and not, for example this write up suggests its not a Leitch design https://www.terraceedition.com/home-haute/far-corner-starks-park-mike-bayly-football-photography-groundhopping

While there are design similarities, there is little evidence to suggest the main stand at Stark’s Park was a Leitch creation. There is no reference to it in Simon Inglis’ authoritative Engineering Archie, or his earlier work Football Grounds of Britain, other than mention of a “Leitch-Style gable on the roof bearing the initials RRFC” suggesting, at best, a pastiche.

Consulting local archives, a lengthy piece in the Dundee Courier from April 1922, outline Rovers’ plans to construct a new grandstand, pavilion and offices at a cost of £10,000, following the club’s full acquisition of the ground. The architects are detailed as William Williamson and Geroge Deas of Kirkcaldy.

Edited by CountryBumpkin