Clyde FC vs City of FC Edinburgh City FC - 04/09/2024

15 minutes ago, Replays said:

Something badly wrong.

Makes you wonder.No matter who is in the dugout, who’s on the park, who the chairman is there’s just something very very off at the football club over the last 4-5 years. The rot may be deeper than we all realise. Club very much giving big Brechin energy when they went spiralling down. All be it not quite as fast.

Theres obviously a team in there on paper but Mcall can’t get it out them at the moment. Not even sure what the game plan is week to week, what style of football we are meant to be playing, no settled 11.On a very shoogly peg.

Edited by Ocelot1877

If this isn't for you, Mr McCall, just piss off.

Whatever is happening upstairs, you should be able to work out a best 11.  You have been given £ and appear to have assembled a squad of individuals from above our league but you have done the reverse of synergy.

For long times our fragile defense shelled the ball beyond our largely absent mid field.  The ball came back to us and we nervously repeated the play.

We were up against a poor poor side today, but we looked every bit as bad

.We got rode against East Fife in our last outing and the only mob we have beaten, beat them today.

What is the plan?

Playing goal music to celebrate that equaliser is peak Clyde in fairness.

I simply can't get my head around how we had two weeks to prepare and elected for that starting lineup and tactics. Then rip it up totally in the second half. The usual lack of height and strength across the pitch.

I thought Dom Docherty did okay against East Fife, and today when he came on. Robson and Hamilton aren't a concern. I think it's fairly obvious we need to run with the three up top who finished last season (Scullion Allan Rennie).

If EK want Connelly still then I'll take him. A luxury player, who causes far more problems than he fixes.

Didn't deserve anything from that game. Edinburgh City, whilst not world beaters, were very comfortable throughout. They kept the ball well, shifted it about, without creating too much, but looked a competent and able side. 

Clyde were the same as usual. No ideas, no creativity, no plan, no threat. It's not as if we can see what they're trying and it's just not clicking. Need a change.

The money we are blowing for no return on this squad and management team is frightening. At least last season when we were bobbins it wasn’t costing much. Absolute clueless shambles out there. Management have had the international break to take stock and the performance today is arguably worse. No evidence of a game plan or style of play developing. As others have said making multiple changes at half time is wearing a bit thin now.

On top of it all it’s £19 to watch that turgid shite, price hikes looking a stroke of genius now eh? Think I’m done until things change.