31 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I said as much in another post like yours - I don't believe in ghosts but I believe your story.  

As I said, I swear on my, or anyone’s life - we both heard it, clear as day, multiple voices and the sound of charging, running people coming right at us from behind in that Stemmons Freeway underpass. Both of us immediately turned around, scared, fully expecting a few guys had spotted us and we were getting robbed. Same with the lights going off and on in the hotel the moment we got back and spoke about it. It’s the only time in my life I’ve experienced anything remotely like it. Thankfully.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

As I said, I swear on my, or anyone’s life - we both heard it, clear as day, multiple voices and the sound of charging, running people coming right at us from behind in that Stemmons Freeway underpass. Both of us immediately turned around, scared, fully expecting a few guys had spotted us and we were getting robbed. Same with the lights going off and on in the hotel the moment we got back and spoke about it. It’s the only time in my life I’ve experienced anything remotely like it. Thankfully.

I guess there is a logical explanation in that somebody may have been having a laugh by playing a recording just to spook folk just like you.  Unlikely, I know but possible. 

9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I guess there is a logical explanation in that somebody may have been having a laugh by playing a recording just to spook folk just like you.  Unlikely, I know but possible. 

St Mirren spook me enough without anyone else joining in. 🙃

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Are you a Scooby Doo fan?

10 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I get really weird auditory hallucinations when I'm pished.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that you and your significant other had been at the bottle, merely that I can totally understand being freaked the f**k out, because even though I know I'm pished the chatter is no different at all to if there were actually a bunch of people standing a few yards behind me talking away, laughing, sometimes things like clinking glasses/bottles, footsteps etc. Every time I still turn around to check if there is actually anyone there, and there never is, but it sounds 100% convincing so I always check. Even though I know it's just a weird thing I experience when I'm hammered, it's still freaky as hell, every single time. 

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

I get really weird auditory hallucinations when I'm pished.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that you and your significant other had been at the bottle, merely that I can totally understand being freaked the f**k out, because even though I know I'm pished the chatter is no different at all to if there were actually a bunch of people standing a few yards behind me talking away, laughing, sometimes things like clinking glasses/bottles, footsteps etc. Every time I still turn around to check if there is actually anyone there, and there never is, but it sounds 100% convincing so I always check. Even though I know it's just a weird thing I experience when I'm hammered, it's still freaky as hell, every single time. 

Stone cold sober. Until I experienced that in Dallas, as I said, had never experienced anything like that before. Or since. I can only describe it as ‘weird shit’, not ‘ghosts’ obviously. However, we definitely felt an ‘atmosphere’ around Dealey Plaza during the day, never mind at night. The underpass where the president’s car sped away towards Parklands is mere seconds away from the fatal shot area, and on the day in 1963, would no doubt have been full of screams, raised voices, public and security detail, and people running after the car, and public running towards where they thought shots had come from - we heard raised voices and the sound of multiple people running… All I can say is that I wouldn’t make this up, absolutely haven’t made it up, and as for the lights in the hotel room as soon as we got back to the hotel and started talking about what we heard in the underpass? Weird, weird shit… don’t know what was going on, but it honestly did. 

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It's certainly not you Trotsky, he's clean shaven, with clean clothing on.😎

Thank you.

I'll take Trotsky over Stalin. Cracking poster below that was apparently supposed to make him look anything other than badass somehow?  :huh:

Also, there's no shame in being unable to grow facial hair. You can't help your genetics, and it doesn't make you less of a man.

WhiteArmyPropagandaPosterOfTrotsky.jpg

On 15/09/2024 at 00:43, Boo Khaki said:

You never hear anyone going on about the ghost of a jake sitting on a park bench, wearing a stained Alloa Athletic top and necking an ethereal can of Special Brew.

People in Alloa are probably so used to seeing @BFTD, they don't pay attention to someone else doing it.

8 hours ago, Shotgun said:

People in Alloa are probably so used to seeing @BFTD, they don't pay attention to someone else doing it.

That's me taking one for the Shillinghill alkie team!

I worked at an offie near there 5-10 years ago and the wee group of hopeless jakes who seemed to be permanently resident outside would drift in for a can of whatever was cheapest through the day. I don't recognise a single one of them these days, so I'm going to assume the old team sorted themselves out rather than that, more likely, they're all deid  :(

• 2 weeks later...