Affairs

BukyOHare

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Tough crowd.

People get married for all sorts of reasons, (including love, I'm led to believe.) but in many cultures, as you know Victor, arranged marriages can't be avoided and there must be millions of folk trapped in desperate wedlock who cannot escape by deciding to divorce.

Not all young couples have the freedom of choice that you, your partner and most of us enjoy.

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

People get married for all sorts of reasons, (including love, I'm led to believe.) but in many cultures, as you know Victor, arranged marriages can't be avoided and there must be millions of folk trapped in desperate wedlock who cannot escape by deciding to divorce.

Not all young couples have the freedom of choice that you, your partner and most of us enjoy.

I think you've maybe taken the post a wee bit too seriously.

Have a cup of tea. Go for a walk.

I'll keep in mind in future that not everyone fully grasps exaggeration for effect.

I like weddings tbh.  I think most people, in this country anyway, get married because they love their partner and want to build their lives together. They might have a big wedding because they want to share it with their friends and family. 

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I like weddings tbh.  I think most people, in this country anyway, get married because they love their partner and want to build their lives together. They might have a big wedding because they want to share it with their friends and family. 

There’s also the small matter of everything costing several times more than it should simply because the word “Wedding” was mentioned and everyone involved adjusted their quote upwards accordingly.

This conversation has taken a bit of turn into the cul de sac of merits or otherwise of marriage vs cohabiting. 

Somebody must have better stories about their philandering boss getting caught with the wee durty from accounts six months after they both mysteriously made an early exit from the Christmas party, Shirley? 

Edited by alta-pete

1 minute ago, Blootoon87 said:

I can't fathom the effort it would take to keep an affair going. Trying to keep all the plates spinning would be exhausting and not worth the hassle.

100% this. Plus it's hard enough disappointing one woman in my experience, let alone multiple. 

18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The YouGov poll earlier covered this, responses below - overall result then Male and Female respones.

image.png.b90e80d901ab13829ec1390d87fa4020.png

1% say that none of having sex, having oral sex, sex with a prostitute, kissing, webcam sex, sexting or having an emotional relationship is cheating, wtf.

Women seem to have a lower bar for what they consider an affair than men.

If your partner dictates who you can and cannot form an emotional relationship with then that sounds like a particularly grim relationship to be in.

10 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

This conversation has taken a bit of turn into the cul de sac of merits or otherwise of marriage vs cohabiting. 

Somebody must have better stories about their philandering boss getting caught with the wee durty from accounts six months after they both mysteriously made an early exit from the Christmas party, Shirley? 

I have a friend who found out their married partner was having an affair on Christmas Eve. The partner had been promoted at work and had been struggling to cope, taking to drinking heavily every night and passing out. That night the couple were watching a movie on their iPad in bed when a text message came through clearly indicating that the newly promoted partner had been having a sexual relationship with their new boss. 

They were having Christmas with the partners family and the exposed cheating partner begged to get through the day and deal with it afterwards, which they did - they got through the day and then split up the the next day. 

My friend didn’t report their ex, as the work they do doesn’t really allow relationships between managers and employees. Best just to move on.

25 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I can't fathom the effort it would take to keep an affair going. Trying to keep all the plates spinning would be exhausting and not worth the hassle.

I saw a documentary once about a guy who was a bigamist. It was actually very impressive how he managed to live two completely separate lives at the same time. It was a masterclass in logistics. 

1 minute ago, Soapy FFC said:

I saw a documentary once about a guy who was a bigamist. It was actually very impressive how he managed to live two completely separate lives at the same time. It was a masterclass in logistics. 

‘Dollar’ Bill Stern done that in Billions.  He had two mini vans.

1 minute ago, Soapy FFC said:

Not exactly the same but I've often wondered how those Mormon dudes with 4 wives & sets of kids do it. They must all have Ph.D's in project management.