Raith Rovers v falkirk

55 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Brendan Rodgers said that was the best team to have come to Celtic Park. Well, I can tell you that wasn’t the best team we’ve seen at Stark’s Park this season.

It’s almost like we weren’t at our best today and were missing players. If we were all to simply judge on one performance then I wouldn’t be too concerned with Raith, however, I know your squad has a lot more to give

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

An interesting watch from South Stand. We looked vulnerable on our left with Stevenson and Hanlon, as Falkirk kept lobbing balls down the wing and running after them…and too often getting to them before either of our two could. Pollock looked to be in a spot of bother early and seemed a wee bit slow later.

Unlike many, I didn’t really like Easton in the more central role, and it seemed his more effective actions were from to the sides running TO the middle. However, he did have a decent game there.

Dabo was worrying me a bit, as he was more off his men, I guess relying on his speed. He did, however, show some flashes of quite good skills. Jack Hamilton did an absolute ton of work which will get little recognition but which was vital to the win.

Also, very refreshing to see Big Kev outside the box a couple of times, but one of his clearances from a back pass was pretty late, and the confusion between him and Hanlon on one of the slow rollers into the middle was worrisome.

Regarding the last point, the decision should always be made by the player facing the play, so if Kev in that situation says no, then its up to Hanlon to deal with it.  Falkirk were deliberate in trying to get Agyeman in behind Stevenson and to allow Adams to assist. It worked a few times, but overall Hanlon and Stevenson had it covered.

Ethan Ross on the other side was laughable. Genuine waste of a wage for Falkirk.

Its clear to see that Collins is looking to give our attacking players free reign to go out and play while the midfield and defensive unit supports them without compromising themselves. Its very high energy and clear we need out full squad. I looked at the bench today and it was great to see the quality on it. With Fordyce, Stanton and Vaughan still to come back and ideally 1 more in, some regulars may see time in the stands.

Wouldn't be surprised if we try and ship Montagu and Nicholson out on loan while we have the chance.

Just now, Rocco said:

It’s almost like we weren’t at our best today and were missing players. If we were all to simply judge on one performance then I wouldn’t be too concerned with Raith, however, I know your squad has a lot more to give

Well this is it. We all know all of the Falkirk support would have happily taken their worst performance to Celtic Park if it meant you won today. That was a one off game, with the pressure being off. It’s always important not to take simply one performance as fact to how teams will do over the course of the season. Yet it’s always spouted about. It’s nonsense. At this level, and in particular this season, every single team is of similar ability. It’s who performs consistently over the whole season that will edge it. Yourselves and Ayr have made really good starts to the season, but it can change very very quickly. 

Didn't think we deserved to lose that today but at the same time we didn't deserve to win either. Was very much a midfield battle and neither keeper was troubled. 

McKenna is definitely not a replacement for MacIver. We just seemed to be lacking a spark today but that's possibly down to Raith's tactics. 

Still, 43 and out is a damn good run and likely won't ever be repeated in my lifetime.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Brendan Rodgers said that was the best team to have come to Celtic Park. Well, I can tell you that wasn’t the best team we’ve seen at Stark’s Park this season.

That wasn’t the same team that went to Celtic Park. 

Also, Telfer was right. 

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It was absolutely fantastic, managed an unprecedented 43 league games undefeated. Good luck matching that x

Unprecedented in what regard? Other sides have managed more than 43 games unbeaten across the world, even one in Scotland where Celtic were 47 unbeaten in 2016. Unprecedented in that Falkirk haven't done that before? 

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Unprecedented in what regard? Other sides have managed more than 43 games unbeaten across the world, even one in Scotland where Celtic were 47 unbeaten in 2016. Unprecedented in that Falkirk haven't done that before? 

In that no other team outside the ugly sisters have done it?

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:

In that no other team outside the ugly sisters have done it?

I suppose its unprecedented at this level of the game in Scotland? That said, it'll be incredibly hard for any team to match that, it should be celebrated in its own right, whether its unprecedented or not. To go 43 games unbeaten in a side that contains Sean Mackie is incredible. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

An interesting watch from South Stand. We looked vulnerable on our left with Stevenson and Hanlon, as Falkirk kept lobbing balls down the wing and running after them…and too often getting to them before either of our two could. Pollock looked to be in a spot of bother early and seemed a wee bit slow later.

Unlike many, I didn’t really like Easton in the more central role, and it seemed his more effective actions were from to the sides running TO the middle. However, he did have a decent game there.

Dabo was worrying me a bit, as he was more off his men, I guess relying on his speed. He did, however, show some flashes of quite good skills. Jack Hamilton did an absolute ton of work which will get little recognition but which was vital to the win.

Also, very refreshing to see Big Kev outside the box a couple of times, but one of his clearances from a back pass was pretty late, and the confusion between him and Hanlon on one of the slow rollers into the middle was worrisome.

An interesting observation but not what I saw and I was sat in line with our left hand side

Pollock picked up an injury/knock in the 1st half 

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

What is this telfer was right stuff? I must have missed this. 

Said I was the worst poster on here and should have my broadband taken away from me. I haven't slept since.

Good solid win today, can’t all be pretty football but we won the battles more often than not, Hanlon  showed his class on his preferred side, Connolly was looking more like the tenacious wee f****r he is but Dylan Easton  our 23 was class, compare him to their number 23 ( Ethan Ross) and no offence to Ethan we have the better player. Can see why Falkirk have done well , very organised and moved the ball well but we kept them at arms length , delighted for the gaffer