Heart of Midlothian's Next Permanent Manager 24/25 Edition

Who will be Heart's next permanent manager?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I could be wrong but I think he lives down south and quite likes the lifestyle of international management.

Aye, that could well be the case, he's been down south for many years as a player and a coach. That said, travel/relocation is very much part and parcel of the top level game now and I doubt it would be a major hurdle to cross ... he (Clarke) was OK with his stint at Rugby Park.

He took a lot of criticism over the Euros debacle and might think he's done his bit there ... still, Tynecastle might be a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire in that regard though. When things don't go well, Tynie can be a real bear pit for a struggling manager. Great gig, but a tough gig.

41 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

If he's investing then he'll absolutely be picking the manager.

It’ll be a bit like hibs where he gets in the door saying ‘I want my opinion heard, but it’s your choice’ then when it doesn’t go his way he starts throwing some weight around. 

I would expect him to be involved but not be king maker in this particular appointment. 

It’s all a bit unknown at this point.

Prior to emptying Naismith, it was suggested this deal would be giving Hearts access to StarLizard’s database to recruit players.

If Bloom/StarLizard have an input into the selection of the new manager, though, then it seems they would have a bit more influence than was first suggested.

51 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s all a bit unknown at this point.

Prior to emptying Naismith, it was suggested this deal would be giving Hearts access to StarLizard’s database to recruit players.

If Bloom/StarLizard have an input into the selection of the new manager, though, then it seems they would have a bit more influence than was first suggested.

Given Brighton and USG both use it for all their recruitment including managers, I don't think it's any surprise we'd be using it.

The question is of course who makes the decision on the identified candidates.  It won't be Bloom, certainly at this point. 

I don't think the timing of publicly revealing the Bloom involvement and sacking Naismith within weeks of each other is a coincidence. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think the timing of publicly revealing the Bloom involvement and sacking Naismith within weeks of each other is a coincidence. 

You think if Hearts had won their last 8 matches and not lost them that Naismith would have been fired?

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You think if Hearts had won their last 8 matches and not lost them that Naismith would have been fired?

I don't think the Bloom investment would've been leaked.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think the Bloom investment would've been leaked.

It's been leaked because it's imminent and fans have known something was in the pipeline for months.

If Naismith had won even 1 of his last 4 or 5 he'd not be out a job. He had a lot of backing from our board.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is patent nonsense.

Rumours with this been going for ages and the deal is likely to be signed this week or next.

He got sacked because we've been getting beat every week for ages.

It's difficult to judge the Bloom deal without knowing what's involved – and none of us do at this point – but I'm certainly comfortable with outsourcing the recruitment of a new manager because the board are clueless in that area.

15 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

This is patent nonsense.

Rumours with this been going for ages and the deal is likely to be signed this week or next.

He got sacked because we've been getting beat every week for ages.

I dunno like, maybe they gave him a new deal for a laugh and always planned to empty him.

46 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Given Brighton and USG both use it for all their recruitment including managers, I don't think it's any surprise we'd be using it.

The question is of course who makes the decision on the identified candidates.  It won't be Bloom, certainly at this point. 

Probably not a surprise, but if they are influencing who the managerial appointment is then this is slightly different to how this opportunity had been portrayed prior to Naismith’s sacking (use of the database to improve Hearts trading model).

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Probably not a surprise, but if they are influencing who the managerial appointment is then this is slightly different to how this opportunity had been portrayed prior to Naismith’s sacking (use of the database to improve Hearts trading model).

Mate, we picked Daniel Stendel cause somebody suggested him on Kickback, Levein cause he was Budge's confidant, Neilson and Cathro cause Levein identified them and Naismith cause he was managing the B team when it went tits up for Robbie. 

I'm fully up for a company who've got a track record giving us candidates.  The board could look at them all and still go 'get me John McGlynn' but getting advice from someone who's done it far better than you does not bother me

An argument could be made that a successful managerial appointment is one where your manager moves directly onto another club. Looking at our track record since Budge came in. Out of those

Neilson (went to Mk dons, no gripes)

Cathro (sacked for being god awful in so many ways)

Levein (should only have been a manager for transition, writing was on the wall) 

Stendel (unlucky, but ultimately relegated)

Neilson (good until he chucked it in embarrassing fashion)

Naismith (was never ready for when it got bad and it showed. 8 straight defeats)

Give Starlizard full autonomy I say, surely can't be any worse.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Mate, we picked Daniel Stendel cause somebody suggested him on Kickback, Levein cause he was Budge's confidant, Neilson and Cathro cause Levein identified them and Naismith cause he was managing the B team when it went tits up for Robbie. 

I'm fully up for a company who've got a track record giving us candidates.  The board could look at them all and still go 'get me John McGlynn' but getting advice from someone who's done it far better than you does not bother me

I’m not really saying that using them is a bad thing, just that I think it would seem like they have more sway over things than was originally portrayed when the story first broke.

As an example, there doesn’t even seem to be any confirmation that this deal has gone through and there’s already chat about them influencing the manager selection process.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not really saying that using them is a bad thing, just that I think it would seem like they have more sway over things than was originally portrayed when the story first broke.

From my pov use of their system was always going to be for everything recruitment wise.   I don't think they'd have anticipated using it on a manager this quickly, but that's where we are

Googles AI said this pish;

As of September 2024, Steven Naismith has already been replaced as manager of Hearts. The club has appointed Alex Neil as their new manager.

However, if you're interested in discussing potential candidates for a future managerial position, I could provide you with some names based on their experience, success, and fit with Hearts' style of play. Would you like to explore that?

I said Yes and it followed up with :

Potential Candidates to Replace Steven Naismith at Hearts
Note: While Alex Neil has already been appointed as Hearts' manager, here are some potential candidates who could have been considered:

Experienced Scottish Managers:
Robbie Neilson: A former Hearts player and manager, Neilson has a strong connection to the club and a track record of success in Scottish football.
Stephen Robinson: With experience managing in both Scotland and Northern Ireland, Robinson could bring a fresh perspective to Hearts.
Rising Stars in Scottish Football:
Kevin Nicol: As a former Hearts player and a successful manager at lower levels, Nicol could be a promising candidate for the role.
Neil McCann: With a strong playing career and managerial experience, McCann could be a potential option for Hearts.
International Managers with Scottish Connections:
Gus Poyet: A former Celtic player, Poyet has managed in England, Greece, and Sunderland. His experience could be valuable for Hearts.
Factors to Consider:
When selecting a new manager, Hearts would likely consider factors such as:

Tactical fit: The manager's playing style should align with the club's philosophy and the strengths of the squad.
Experience: A proven track record of success in Scottish football or a similar league can be a major advantage.
Player relationships: The manager's ability to connect with players and build a strong team dynamic is crucial.
Club culture: The manager should be a good fit for Hearts' culture and values.
Ultimately, the decision of who to appoint as manager is a complex one that involves weighing various factors and making a judgment call.
Would you like to discuss any of these candidates further, or perhaps explore other potential options?

Love it !!