Ayr v Morton 28/09

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I understand your logic but it would’ve been a controversial and harsh decision to show red. I actually thought the ref got most things right today 

Apply the rules.  He kicked the ball away after the whistle.  And not just in a Declan Rice type way either.  He leathered it straight into Walker.  

The fact that you have to slow it right down and it’s still not clear means that the right decision was made. There’s no way a referee could’ve confidently seen that it was a double touch and if he’s not sure then the goal should stand. Colin Steven is a terrible ref and there was a case to be made that Wilson was sent off but he didn’t get anything wrong with the penalty. 

Morton can’t really complain as they offered nothing all game and we were in complete control in the second half and would’ve scored eventually. 

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Inconclusive ✅

Recording rage quits as soon as it hits the back of the net ✅

Lovely jubbly.

Imagine getting your phone out in the hope that your goalie saves a penalty and then he doesn’t and you’re 1-0 down. Fair play to the OP for posting as you couldn’t have tortured that riddy out of me. 

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

200.gif?cid=ff8740179jxnwk1iy3n3xe3q3dz2

Fair play so = but what about the other 89 minutes and 30 seconds when the Ayr laddie wasn't stepping up to take the penalty? A penalty which we had stupidly given away in the face of the universally-acknowledged worst referee in Championship history? A ref with a forehead which continues to astound anatomical science? A ref who'd give a penalty for a player's shirt being a bit creased (thereby bringing the game into disrepute)? Where were the half-dozen 'almost' goals which hit the post or were blocked by world-class keeper saves?

Bottom line = Had we already used our skills and quality to put the game beyond any hope of a possible Ayr recovery? Answer = No. We f**king hadn't. There comes a point when any supporter of any club has to take it on the chin and and admit that we lost because we were second best to an admittedly average-looking side. 

As said earlier - an unpopular opinion amongst my fellow supporters. I'd just rather take the philosphical 'it was what it was' attitude and congratulate The Honest Men on their marginal (but on balance - probably deserved) win. It's history. Sunday's fish & chips wrappers.

Onto next week.

7 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Just watched Imrie say he saw it clearly from the dugout that it was a double touch.

Check This Out Tom Hanks GIF

BBC carrying a tears-and-snotters laced quote and bizarrely calling the penalty ‘controversial’ 😂

16 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Just watched Imrie say he saw it clearly from the dugout that it was a double touch.

Check This Out Tom Hanks GIF

Where? WHERE? Ive had a pretty good Saturday but I’m in need of a cherry on top. Please tell me he’s wearing his cream chinos. I do love a ned pretending not to be a ned in absolute meltdown.

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

2 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Will it mean they didn’t concede 10 goals in a single game?

Reasonable banter as always SM - but move on. Your own fine team can boast three 9-0 defeats (Rangers, Hearts and Third Lanark). My favourite P&B posts are from those gloating about today's game and about impending future glory - not dragging up shite results from forever ago. You're one of Ayr's best posters and you're way better than that.

3 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Away fans having to go back outside the ground to buy food (at a burger van) is tinpot stuff.

All that money on a new stand and they can't even sell pies in the away end of the ground.

Yeah we all agree! I hope that now the chairman has bought the land behind the railway end that will be fixed soon.  On the positive side though at least the railway end has a roof and hasn’t been condemned unlike areas in your stadium 

9 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Away fans having to go back outside the ground to buy food (at a burger van) is tinpot stuff.

All that money on a new stand and they can't even sell pies in the away end of the ground.

You need to walk about 5 mins in the pishing rain if you would like something to eat from that dodgy looking burger van at your place .

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Yeah we all agree! I hope that now the chairman has bought the land behind the railway end that will be fixed soon.  On the positive side though at least the railway end has a roof and hasn’t been condemned unlike areas in your stadium 

Oh here, don't get them started on the uncovered away end.

1 hour ago, Chippyminton said:

Fair play so = but what about the other 89 minutes and 30 seconds when the Ayr laddie wasn't stepping up to take the penalty? A penalty which we had stupidly given away in the face of the universally-acknowledged worst referee in Championship history? A ref with a forehead which continues to astound anatomical science? A ref who'd give a penalty for a player's shirt being a bit creased (thereby bringing the game into disrepute)? Where were the half-dozen 'almost' goals which hit the post or were blocked by world-class keeper saves?

Bottom line = Had we already used our skills and quality to put the game beyond any hope of a possible Ayr recovery? Answer = No. We f**king hadn't. There comes a point when any supporter of any club has to take it on the chin and and admit that we lost because we were second best to an admittedly average-looking side. 

As said earlier - an unpopular opinion amongst my fellow supporters. I'd just rather take the philosphical 'it was what it was' attitude and congratulate The Honest Men on their marginal (but on balance - probably deserved) win. It's history. Sunday's fish & chips wrappers.

Onto next week.

Spot on take on the game mate. Thought Morton were a completely different proposition from last season where you bullied us all over the pitch. We weren't great but looked in total control and Morton offered very little. 

There was nothing wrong with how the penalty was taken and on the balance of play we deserved it. Both looked like mid table teams but there's a long way to go. 

Basically you could see we were missing Dowds and you looked a different team without Crawford and Muirhead.

19 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Reasonable banter as always SM - but move on. Your own fine team can boast three 9-0 defeats (Rangers, Hearts and Third Lanark). My favourite P&B posts are from those gloating about today's game and about impending future glory - not dragging up shite results from forever ago. You're one of Ayr's best posters and you're way better than that.

Aye but I got you googling our biggest defeats.

18 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Agreed, not good enough. No other industry would get away with treating paying customers this way and I would hope we have a plan in place to improve.

We were shit and never going to score. Ayr were about as unlikely.

The penalty was definitely a stonewaller. Baird didn't need to go to ground. The penalty was also almost certainly a double hit, it's looped up off the standing foot although none of the footage in the thread has explicitly showed that. The movement of the ball is the thing though.

Game was probably a stick on 0-0 otherwise. Colin Steven has absolutely been KB'd by a Morton supporter at some point (and everyone else, the incompetent little goblin).