Thistle vs Falkirk - Saturday 12th October

Result  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 12/10/24 at 14:00

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think that every team we've played have been much of a muchness. Airdrie in the 2nd half aside, no team has been absolutely crap, but none of them have been much good either.

I'm not really prepared to say any of them were shite tbh. Easiest win was the Pars. We dominated that game entirely but even then I wouldn't call it an easy game. Its noticeable how much harder we're having to work, but it's also great testament to our squad that they have taken the next step. 

You can see the next level. This league didn't suddenly become shite. Leave that talk to bitter fans that can't accept we are a good side. 

We are where we are because now we have thus far been better than almost all comers. 

Yesterday was fairly "straightforward" but that's only because we played so well and kept our concentration and interplay going for the whole game.

In hospitality the MC said to Ethan "Well Ethan, we expected that to be a hard game" and his reply was "And it was!"

We are doing well, but that's due to our own skill and sweat, not because everyone else has forgotten how to play football.

59 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm not really prepared to say any of them were shite tbh. Easiest win was the Pars. We dominated that game entirely but even then I wouldn't call it an easy game. Its noticeable how much harder we're having to work, but it's also great testament to our squad that they have taken the next step. 

You can see the next level. This league didn't suddenly become shite. Leave that talk to bitter fans that can't accept we are a good side. 

We are where we are because now we have thus far been better than almost all comers. 

Aye, we can't 'relax' to the extent that we did at times in L1 when we knew games were won. I don't see us hammering any side by 4 or 5 without  a fully functioning Morrison and MacIver in the team so, hopefully, they won't be out for too long. We really need to be taking more of the chances we create.

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Did the clubs agree to move this from a midweek or something? If so, cracking move. Saves a boring weekend 

Yes, it was meant to be a Tuesday night later in the season.

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Surely not!

Even allowing for them going down to ten men they were awful.

Much of the game was like a forwards v defenders training match.

Wasn’t our guy sent off after 25 minutes, so you would expect it to be pretty one sided. 

Personally I am not reading into the previous game between the sides too much. I thought last time Falkirk played some nice stuff going forward, but our own performance was hard to properly judge due to us being down to ten men for the majority of the match.

It is difficult to try predict the way we will approach this game, play style wise. Our last three games have all being awful spectacles, we have managed a win, draw and defeat in those, but have played at a pretty similar level in all three in my opinion.

Would agree it was essentially one way traffic at 11 v 11 in the last game. Though difficult to say if the whole game would've gone that way & the red card obviously ruined pretty much any chance Partick had of taking anything from the match.

Partick have a good side on paper and with 11 men (presumably), Brian Graham back and being at Firhill will make getting the 3 points a much tougher task 

If we can beat Livingston on Tuesday I would be very happy with a point here 

This feels like a pivotal game, if we win it can give us some momentum and belief that 1st is still an achievable goal. If we lose then I genuinely think the manager's time will be (not should be, will be) up.

It might just be because I'm not on the facebook page any more (for my own sanity), but it does feel that despite Doolan's achievements with the club as a player that there's less for vs against camps than there were with Archibald, Caldwell or McCall and almost everyone is on the side of us massively underachieving.

10 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Would agree it was essentially one way traffic at 11 v 11 in the last game. Though difficult to say if the whole game would've gone that way & the red card obviously ruined pretty much any chance Partick had of taking anything from the match.

Partick have a good side on paper and with 11 men (presumably), Brian Graham back and being at Firhill will make getting the 3 points a much tougher task 

If we can beat Livingston on Tuesday I would be very happy with a point here 

But we nearly did take something and it wasn’t until the last 10 minutes that you got the winner. 
We have been finding it tough to score this season mainly due to Lawless being injured and also McKay and Ablade who were being used on the right being injured too. 

9 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Not at the stadium, which is a bit shite, but they can be bought on the fanbase app right up till kick off. 

Thanks. I looked at fanbase yesterday but could only see home tickets.

Got them now.

10 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Not at the stadium, which is a bit shite, but they can be bought on the fanbase app right up till kick off. 

Always thought we've missed a potential money stream here with walk ins on the day.Have seen it at other grounds,can only think it might be a Stewarding issue on the day with a larger than anticipated influx of away fans .

With no Premier league games and just us and Falkirk in the Championship on Saturday you would think we would be encouraging walk ins .

19 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Always thought we've missed a potential money stream here with walk ins on the day.Have seen it at other grounds,can only think it might be a Stewarding issue on the day with a larger than anticipated influx of away fans .

With no Premier league games and just us and Falkirk in the Championship on Saturday you would think we would be encouraging walk ins .

The reason I was asking is because I found this online but it must be old info.

Screenshot_20241007_093731_Chrome.jpg