Thistle vs Falkirk - Saturday 12th October

Result  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/24 at 14:00

If there was ever a case to make re getting some other striking option in then it's games like the last two. McKenna and Shanely just aren't good enough, and we look less like scoring as soon as either makes an appearance. Still, Ethan Ross continues to get better and hopefully Ayr and Livvi cut each other's throats next week.

If you'd offered me top spot by two points after the first quarter I'd have taken that.

In the circumstances, a decent last half hour and in normal circumstances a good point earned against a decent Falkirk side. Banzo's introduction drastically improved the midfield presence and really opened the game up for us in the Falkirk third.

Our record so far this season against the teams above us isn't actually that bad.

It's been our failure to do the business against Morton, Accies and Raith that's cost us so far. 1 point from 9 in what should really have been 7 minimum.

As others have said we should have won easily but if you don’t take your chances you don’t win games. 
Thistle were much better at our place with 10 men. You would have taken 20 points from 9 games TBF but can help think we are probably 3/4 points less than it should have been. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thistle were impressively pish. Have to agree that you can't have that with the players you have. Doolan clearly clueless

Sadly this appears to be the case.

Falkirk were streets ahead of us today and really should have won by 2 or 3 goals. A team where players know what they’re actually supposed to be doing, who show for the ball and are proactive when they have it. Everything that isn’t the case with us.

Not surprising that there were 1000 less Thistle fans than last week. I don’t blame people for being deflated with this shite. 

That was two points dropped. Would have happily taken a draw before the game but we should have won it. 

We need to get better at taking our chances and hopefully that will change once MacIver is back and Morrison is back in contention for a starting place

Usually a good point and it was an entertaining game but our lack of killer instinct is a worry.

Spencer everywhere today but eventually tired legs in the last 15-20 mins became evident.

Yeats really only sub to get pass marks.

Just now, Rocco said:

That was two points dropped. Would have happily taken a draw before the game but we should have won it. 

We need to get better at taking our chances and hopefully that will change once MacIver is back and Morrison is back in contention for a starting place

This

A focal point for attacks or a creative forward like Morrison are sadly missed. 20 out of 27 is acceptable though.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Brian Graham continues to be refereed differently to everyone else. Boys only interested in wrestling these days. 

Happily I'll admit I don't know what the rules are anymore. Wish the refs were as honest...

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Brian Graham continues to be refereed differently to everyone else. Boys only interested in wrestling these days. 

Was the same at Somerset and even then he wasn’t doing too well with that. 

A season too far for him I’d say. 

I would say we weren’t clinical enough last season as well. We definitely miss Maciver but he is guilty of lacking composure in front of goal. Our expected goal prediction must be pretty high in most games we play.