Saints v Staggies 19th Oct

Good performance. We're back in business. I guess there had to come a point when Nicky Clark played well in the deeper role and today was that day. Benji Kimpioka and Jason Holt are absolutely key to any success we'll have this season.

Edited by The Real Saints

A good start for Valakari really, but that's all it is. We won't have a team combust like County did today often and I'm not convinced Sanders/Sprangler won't cost us goals in this style of play.

But winning games you're in a position to win is something we've lacked for a while now really. Hopefully this was a step towards being that type of team again.

Last hour as comfortable as it gets but encouraging that saints were in control even before the sending offs. Smith and Holt give together make us much more combative. Still issues at the back but it's looking more settled last couple of games (which doesn't reflect well on Cameron tbh). 

VAR though 🙄 I hate it in general and think we should get rid but if we *have* to use it we shouldn't be wasting the time we did on the first goal on decisions like that. Had actually assumed at first there was an offside shout as it took that long. 

Saints did everything right vs the 10 men. Kept it patient despite a section of our support losing their shit. Total control. Thought Carey should have come on earlier but it's hard to know what's happening there. Perfect situation for Kirk coming on. 

Huge win and hopefully brings confidence ahead of a vital set of games coming up.

Yes, we were not overly tested today and any County chances came from our own errors, but can only play against what's in front of us.

On a day that McPherson is nowhere to be seen on 'show racism the red card', I'm sure Valakari will be delighted with the midfield trio of Holt, Sprangler and Smith.

Holt has the bite that had been sadly missing and reckon Sprangler will learn a lot from Holt and make a great partnership.

The pressing from the start of the game was fantastic and there appeared a team desire that had previously been sadly lacking.

Was bemused when County's first red card brought about a needless switch of position between Drey and Raymond, but thankfully went back to what it should be. 

Still worrying defensively that County easily won back post headers at set pieces that, on another day, could have cost us.

I find Neilson a really frustrating player. He just seems to be ponderous and has no tempo. Hopefully once Bozo is up to speed then Neilson would be the obvious one to step aside.

I know fans were frustrated in the latter stages that Saints were not going gung-ho when 2 up but I was happy with the game management of possesion football. Especially after the County game a few weeks ago. Sadly, we are a liability defensively and don't have the luxury of a steady defence to always go for more goals - especially at 2 up. Imagine the uproar if we had lost a goal at 2 up and then we imploded.

Crucial 3 points on the board and sitting within the pack in the table.

We will undoubtedly be tested defensively next week against Dundee but today showed a different character, fight and desire that hasn't been there and that can only bode well.

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Wouldn’t be opposed to upgrading on Sprangler, but that midfield three is as balanced as we’ve had in quite some time. Holt nits things together quite nicely. 

Agree, Holt and Smith were excellent. Holt makes such a difference at both ends of the park, generally just reliable in everything he does without being spectacular.  Sven did well as the sitting player but he had acres of space, and I think technically he’s not great under pressure so might struggle against a better team.

Thought Drey looked more positive especially first half, and more like his old self as I think he’s been poor this season prior to today.

Confidence boosting clean sheet for Ross and the defence.

Love watching Benji and Adama play.

If we can steady the back line then we should climb the table. I haven’t seen anyone we aren’t capable of taking points off so far this season other than the celtic match.

12 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

What a weird little creep you are :lol:

They're a troll, and not a very good one.

They try it under a different username on the We Are Perth forum as well, but we just ignore them.

Edited by Gekko