Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Poor, very poor. Plus I don't think anyone under 40 will get it.

I'm under 40, and I get it.

Wait, did you mean the Buddy Holly reference? No, I didn't understand that at all.

I could not get my interview rearranged. I had to rearrange my trip to Bristol, lost the money I paid for the original flights, had to book extra flights for Friday instead. Had to cancel and rebook car hire (the original booking hasn't yet been refunded either and today they've "secured" £250 from my bank account as a deposit, meaning I'm down by that much until the car is returned, though they say it's not actually debited - maybe, ya c***s but I still can't spend it, can I?). I'm only getting 2 days with my family instead of the 6 I had planned, but I kept telling myself it'll be worth it if I get this job.

I haven't had a call back so I can only assume I haven't got it plus I'm fucking skint for the weekend in Bristol. I'd get drunk if I didn't have a hire car booked in the morning.

Edited by Mrs M

I could not get my interview rearranged. I had to rearrange my trip to Bristol, lost the money I paid for the original flights, had to book extra flights for Friday instead. Had to cancel and rebook car hire (the original booking hasn't yet been refunded either and today they've "secured" £250 from my bank account as a deposit, meaning I'm down by that much until the car is returned, though they say it's not actually debited - maybe, ya c***s but I still can't spend it, can I?). I'm only getting 2 days with my family instead of the 6 I had planned, but I kept telling myself it'll be worth it if I get this job.

I haven't had a call back so I can only assume I haven't got it plus I'm fucking skint for the weekend in Bristol. I'd get drunk if I didn't have a hire car booked in the morning.

Don't give up, you might always get a phone call in the next few days, I've been down that Road before. Good luck.

EBay.

Wife buys and sells on this a wee bit.

Just before Christmas she sold a dress on ebay. Woman bought it at a decent price and my wife posted it as usual.

1st sign anything was wrong was when the woman contacted her to say it hadn't been delivered yet.

Given how busy Royal Mail are in December she thought nothing of this and sent the woman a photo of the proof of postage.

A week passes and the woman still hasn't received the dress. By now bells are ringing.

The woman opens a dispute case with eBay and eBay contact my wife and tell her to refund her for the dress.

Now, either the woman is at it or the post office lost it but either way none of this is my wife's fault. Yet in ebays wisdom my wife is 1 dress down and a few quid too.

In what world is that fair?

Edited by Gaz FFC

The amount of 'clickbait' pages on Facebook and Twitter.

I've been having a rare old time the past couple of days using the "hide all from" button, getting rid of shite like goviral and viralands and diply and all the other shite like that. It's been great but I'm only seeing about 10 new posts a day on my newsfeed until that "way back" thing started.

Also, I got the desktop twitter open today so I could see what apps were posting on my behalf. Fucking loads. Where did they all come from? Fuckers. Blocked!

EBay.

Just before Christmas she sold a dress on ebay. Woman bought it at a decent price and my wife posted it as usual.

1st sign anything was wrong was when the woman contacted her to say it hadn't been delivered yet.

Given how busy Royal Mail are in December she thought nothing of this and sent the woman a photo of the proof of postage.

A week passes and the woman still hasn't received the dress. By now bells are ringing.

The woman opens a dispute case with eBay and eBay contact my wife and tell her to refund her for the dress.

Now, either the woman is at it or the post office lost it but either way none of this is my wife's fault. Yet in ebays wisdom my wife is 1 dress down and a few quid too.

You need to complain to Royal Mail and get them to compensate you.

I could not get my interview rearranged

Well that's just shit isn't it. Especially since we all thought it wouldn't be a problem. See if they send you a thanks but not thanks email you should just reply with something similar to your post about how much hassle not moving the interview caused.

And to cap it all you are stuck in Bristol. Things can't get much worse, close the thread.

EBay.

Did you send it recorded delivery?

If not - it's your own fault.

If you did - Royal Mail will have to honour the 'insurance' amount you put on it.

Did you send it recorded delivery?

If not - it's your own fault.

If you did - Royal Mail will have to honour the 'insurance' amount you put on it.

No it wasn't recorded delivery.

She's not optimistic of anything good coming from this.

Write off the money and learn seems the best way.

I'm raging at either the woman for taking the piss or Royal Mails stinking attitude.

No it wasn't recorded delivery.

She's not optimistic of anything good coming from this.

Write off the money and learn seems the best way.

I'm raging at either the woman for taking the piss or Royal Mails stinking attitude.

You can get official proof of postage free at the Post Office when you hand over a parcel. For next time..