Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Ultimately the owner (eta - owner of the property, not the agent) is liable for your deposit. If it's not in a scheme you can simply take the matter to the small claims court and you'll be automatically awarded 3x the deposit amount. Merry Christmas!

Hope you're right! The people who have taken over and the owner of the flat popped round the other night, they seemed like decent guys and I'll be meeting them next week so I'll bring it up then.

Do you have contact details for who owns the flat. I would be in touch with them straight away strongly advising them to put your deposit in a scheme. It is their responsibility.

As for not paying rent you owe it to someone so you had better find out who. The likelihood is you are on a short assured tenancy. One month without rent and you could be out.

Aye, he came round the other night to introduce himself. It's all sorted out re paying rent as it's as straight forward as another company taking over, already set up the standing order and paid this month's rent so no concerns on that front.

Hope you're right! The people who have taken over and the owner of the flat popped round the other night, they seemed like decent guys and I'll be meeting them next week so I'll bring it up then.

Aye, he came round the other night to introduce himself. It's all sorted out re paying rent as it's as straight forward as another company taking over, already set up the standing order and paid this month's rent so no concerns on that front.

They might not be so nice when you point out that it's the owner who will have lost the money as he will be ultimately be responsible for refunding the deposit. I assume this is the case anyway, he would have just contracted out the letting agency to act on his behalf and hold the money.

There was a item on Reporting Scotland about a travellers site that was overwhelmed in the floods.

I was sympathetic to their plight until one woman indicated that they had been offered a house which was rejected because they are travellers.

Basically she is just an ungrateful cow.

There was a item on Reporting Scotland about a travellers site that was overwhelmed in the floods.

I was sympathetic to their plight until one woman indicated that they had been offered a house which was rejected because they are travellers.

Basically she is just an ungrateful cow.

Could they not just travel somewhere that isn't flooded?

EBay.

Wife buys and sells on this a wee bit.

Just before Christmas she sold a dress on ebay. Woman bought it at a decent price and my wife posted it as usual.

1st sign anything was wrong was when the woman contacted her to say it hadn't been delivered yet.

Given how busy Royal Mail are in December she thought nothing of this and sent the woman a photo of the proof of postage.

A week passes and the woman still hasn't received the dress. By now bells are ringing.

The woman opens a dispute case with eBay and eBay contact my wife and tell her to refund her for the dress.

Now, either the woman is at it or the post office lost it but either way none of this is my wife's fault. Yet in ebays wisdom my wife is 1 dress down and a few quid too.

In what world is that fair?

1. Download the file attached.

2. Print it out and fill it in.

3. Send it to the freepost address on the form, along with the documentation asked for.

4. Sit back and wait for your cheque to arrive.

I'd estimate one out of every hundred first class items I've sent has gone missing. I've asked for and received a refund in every case, so it makes no difference to me. I'd avoid second class, as the rate they go missing is much higher.

You might want to check the distance selling regulations; your wife is 100% liable if the buyer says the item hasn't arrived. Which doesn't matter, because you claim the money back from the courier. So, nothing to be annoyed about :)

P58_Inland_April13_v2 _0.pdf